The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Labor leaders must pay for parade if GOP banned, mayor says

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    just checked an online schedule and the trains from here to both Boston and Montreal will running as normal on Monday. Guess you work for a better railroad.
    Employees who work w/e and holidays usually get credit for working on a holiday and can take the day at some other time. Police, fireman, hospital workers, transportation, etc.

I don't believe Buzz works on a railroad.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    just checked an online schedule and the trains from here to both Boston and Montreal will running as normal on Monday. Guess you work for a better railroad.
    LOL.............
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Just out of curiostity would this parade be held on PRIVATE gorunds or would they be disrupting traffic on a public street. How can someone be banned from a public street?

laborers and union members are not the problem, union bosses thinking they run the world is. Why not welcome the repubs and see it as a chance to lobby them?
    Fritz Baier
    owned, trained and handled by:

GMHRCH-II MPR Baier's Mighty Waldimar
    MHR CPR Baier's Lady Gabrielle
    3XGMPR MHR Baier's Lady Legacy of Tru Point SH

Quote Originally Posted by limiman12 View Post
    Just out of curiostity would this parade be held on PRIVATE gorunds or would they be disrupting traffic on a public street. How can someone be banned from a public street?

laborers and union members are not the problem, union bosses thinking they run the world is. Why not welcome the repubs and see it as a chance to lobby them?

Sorry Fritz...posts like that make far too much common sense. Now none of the unionistas will vote for you. Heh heh heh heh

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Darn It All To Heck........
    Fritz Baier
    owned, trained and handled by:

GMHRCH-II MPR Baier's Mighty Waldimar
    MHR CPR Baier's Lady Gabrielle
    3XGMPR MHR Baier's Lady Legacy of Tru Point SH

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    So.....in YOUR America, not everyone is welcome???

Interesting.

RK
    Kinda like how many on this board feel about American Muslims .

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    Kinda like how many on this board feel about American Muslims .
    Sort of a stretch, there, cotts135.

If Roman Catholics pledged their allegiance to the Pope over U.S. laws, they would be as unwelcome, as Muslims who would choose to place Sharia Law over U.S. Law.

Sharia Law may allow a Muslim to kill their daughter for "adultery", but U.S. law would not allow that. Just as U.S. law does not allow a Roman Catholic to kill someone who performs abortions.

If I am opposed to abortion, I am free to practice that belief myself. I may not impose that belief on others (not even my family members of legal and/or consenting age) if they do not accept that belief. (This might not be the perfect example for comparison, but it is the one that first came to my mind)

I don't think that anyone on this forum would prevent any individual practicing any religious belief as long as it did not impose on the religious freedom of some other individual. I think that the big issue with Islam is that it seems (as least to an outsider) to meld religious & political allegiance into an inseparable entity. For those Muslims who can separate the two, as most other religions do, there should be no problem.

Indeed, a Roman Catholic who lives in Italy may not have to separate their religious and sectarian beliefs. In Saudi Arabia, that would also be the case for a Muslim. However, in the U.S., the situation is different.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Sort of a stretch, there, cotts135.

If Roman Catholics pledged their allegiance to the Pope over U.S. laws, they would be as unwelcome, as Muslims who would choose to place Sharia Law over U.S. Law.

Sharia Law may allow a Muslim to kill their daughter for "adultery", but U.S. law would not allow that. Just as U.S. law does not allow a Roman Catholic to kill someone who performs abortions.

If I am opposed to abortion, I am free to practice that belief myself. I may not impose that belief on others (not even my family members of legal and/or consenting age) if they do not accept that belief. (This might not be the perfect example for comparison, but it is the one that first came to my mind)

I don't think that anyone on this forum would prevent any individual practicing any religious belief as long as it did not impose on the religious freedom of some other individual. I think that the big issue with Islam is that it seems (as least to an outsider) to meld religious & political allegiance into an inseparable entity. For those Muslims who can separate the two, as most other religions do, there should be no problem.

Indeed, a Roman Catholic who lives in Italy may not have to separate their religious and sectarian beliefs. In Saudi Arabia, that would also be the case for a Muslim. However, in the U.S., the situation is different.
    He knows that.
    The only thing the the Republicans and Muslims have in common is that both want to change America.......

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

He knows that.
    The only thing the the Republicans and Muslims have in common is that both want to change America.......

RK
    ...and that is why some republicons are refered to as TEAjadists.

Jess sayin' JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

He knows that.

RK
    Is not the POTUS the one who used CHANGE as his big word game to get the sheep to follow him.

Richard
    Last edited by Down East Labs 217; 09-05-2011 at 03:07 PM. Reason: spelling