The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jobs Speech conflicts with Republican Debate

You know, it's getting old......

Wolffe: Opposition To Obama Speech Possibly Based On Skin Color

"The interesting question is: What is it about this president that has stripped away the veneer of respect that normally accompanies the Office of the President? Why do Republicans think this president is unpresidential and should dare to request this kind of thing? It strikes me that it could be the economic times, it could be that he won so big in 2008 or it could be, let's face it, the color of his skin. This is an extraordinary reaction to a normal sequence of events," MSNBC contributor Richard Wolffe said on "The Last Word."
    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Guess he's capitalizing on the fact that Congress' approval ratings are so dismal that they are an easy scapegoat.

That kind of talk doesn't generate a lot of warm fuzzies of the bi-partisan variety. Might even diss off some of his own party, making it even more difficult to get work done.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I don't know about you all......but I am extremely excited to hear Obama's new jobs and economic recovery plan!!

What a great opportunity for Obama to really do something historic to turn this around!!

These ideas will be new and fesh and really create a positive attitude throughout the land!!
    I can't wait to hear them, even though he will be on when reruns of Bonanza will be playing on "TV Land!!"

Props to Boehner for helping get the time set up for the address, evidently the Ivy League genius' on Obama's staff were struggling with this issue....but I digress....I am certain these folks can solve our economic issues!!!!

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 09-02-2011 at 07:52 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I don't know about you all......but I am extremely excited to here Obama's new jobs and economic recovery plan!!

What a great opportunity for Obama to really do something historic to turn this around!!

These ideas will be new and fesh and really create a positive attitude throughout the land!!
    I can't wait to hear them, even though he will be on when reruns of Bonanza will be playing on "TV Land!!"

Props to Boehner for helping get the time set up for the address, evidently the Ivy League genius' on Obama's staff were struggling with this issue....but I digress....I am certain these folks can solve our economic issues!!!!

RK
    More Gov. spending, more gov. debt., more taxes, more regulation, more sugsities to green companies to create more "GREEN" jobs to replace the bankrupt subsidized "GREEN" companies that just went out of business and laid of the "GREEN" workers, and pleading with Republicans to set aside politics and act in a bipartisin way. there you heare it!!

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    More Gov. spending, more gov. debt., more taxes, more regulation, more sugsities to green companies to create more "GREEN" jobs to replace the bankrupt subsidized "GREEN" companies that just went out of business and laid of the "GREEN" workers, and pleading with Republicans to set aside politics and act in a bipartisin way. there you heare it!!
    Damn I can't type.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I don't know about you all......but I am extremely excited to hear Obama's new jobs and economic recovery plan!!

RK
    Yep, I am very excited about this...........In the old hill billy saying I find a certain likeness to how I feel about it........."mad as a wet sittin' hen."

Well, don't get too excited:
    In what could be a way of lowering expectations for next Thursday's big economic speech, aides to President Obama are privately spreading word that he will not present his entire jobs plan in his address to a Joint Session of Congress.

Doesn't that sort of conflict with the sense of urgency to hold the joint session, originally, on Tuesday?

The president promised to release his plan to create jobs after returning from his Martha's Vineyard vacation in late August and Friday's report will put more pressure on him to deliver. But White House officials still say it's unlikely the president will release the whole plan Thursday night.

The reason for this is better explained by the following:
    Aides say Thursday's speech will be part of a bigger plan the White House will roll out throughout the fall with the president hitting the road for speeches and town hall appearances. Aides have already confirmed that Obama will be traveling to California, Colorado, and Washington state for one three-day swing later this month that will include economic events as well as some fundraising.

I think this is a bad move ... will voters believe that their jobs are more important to this man than his own job? If some have conjectured that his primary focus is to use the unemployment "crisis" to make campaign fodder, this surely lends some substance to that speculation.

After returning from his bus tour, he goes on vacation, returns to DC to make a "teaser" speech, then goes back on the road again. Who is minding the store?

G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Senior Member Sundown49 aka Otey B's Avatar

Does anyone really believe that Obama's speech will create any jobs? How can a bunch of academics that are advising him and have NEVER had a real job tell him how.....he's clueless............SAD.
    My Dad said to me ."Son, a man just needs three things to be happy....A good dog, a good gun and a good wife.....Thank God I have all three
    Home of HRCH Sundown's Loaded To The Maxx (FC AFC Jamie X Dixie QAA)
    Sundown's Boss of Delta Marsh JH (Louie QAA X Delta MH)
    Traveling Through The Graded Timber JH (2012 NAFC Trav X Timber MH QAA)

Sundown's Ruff And Tuff (Boss JH X Lil Bit) best pup I have ever raised

www.sundownlabs.com

In otherwords... he has no plan and needs the next few months to come up with an idea...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    In otherwords... he has no plan and needs the next few months to come up with an idea...

He was busy......golfing!!!!!

I don't think you dirty unwashed understand....he IS the ONE we have been waiting for!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis