The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Let's take the SOB's out-Hoffa

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    I must have missed it. Where was the coorporate proven violence? I saw where you cited mob(union backed?) violence.
    To reiterate:

It was later revealed by Senator Estes Kefauverís Investigating Committee that the Mafia, hired by corporate leaders, was responsible for this and other beatings of UAW officials and the shooting of UAW President Walter Reuther and his brother, Victor Reuther.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Hired by whom?
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    To reiterate:

It was later revealed by Senator Estes Kefauverís Investigating Committee that the Mafia, hired by corporate leaders, was responsible for this and other beatings of UAW officials and the shooting of UAW President Walter Reuther and his brother, Victor Reuther.
    Strangely enough, I can remember those hearings but I don't remember even his committee with Democrat kefauver and a majority of democrats on committee coming to that conclusion.

By the way if you are correct did they say corporate leaders OF WHAT COMPANIES? Or did the just say corporate leaders??????

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    very disappointed in the ratcheted up rhetoric and speech by James Hoffa at the BHO labor rally yesterday,aimed at the TEA Party,just seems that this type of hatred speech only inflames the discourse and deepens the divide in our country..I am all for "firing up the base" of your chosen political party, but in this case the labor leader went too far
    And, basically, the media is giving Hoffa a "pass" on his rhetoric.

I think this opinion piece by Dennis Prager is also in a similar vein when it comes to inflammatory rhetoric.
    http://patriotpost.us/opinion/dennis...g-jews-gassed/
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    And, basically, the media is giving Hoffa a "pass" on his rhetoric.

I think this opinion piece by Dennis Prager is also in a similar vein when it comes to inflammatory rhetoric.
    http://patriotpost.us/opinion/dennis...g-jews-gassed/

of course they do because many of them are in a union too...even the head of the DNC, Wasserman-Schulz evaded the question this morning when asked if she would condemn the Hoffa rhetoric

on a side note, I waited on the Hoffa family at the reception of Hoffa's niece...the actually had security come in and sweep the room prior to the event..the bride's mother is a sitting judge in the Chicago area...they actually had as much security at the restaurant as when we had GHW Bush..people tried to crash the event, but were not allowed in
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Strangely enough, I can remember those hearings but I don't remember even his committee with Democrat kefauver and a majority of democrats on committee coming to that conclusion.

By the way if you are correct did they say corporate leaders OF WHAT COMPANIES? Or did the just say corporate leaders??????
    Here's the source:

http://hall.michiganwomen.org/

I ran into this site some time ago. Scroll down on the directory page to Genora Johnson Dollinger.

Conditions in most industries were little short of slavery. The auto industry was no exception. Some sort of push back was inevitable. Corporations have been extremely ugly in fighting back unions. Ford had its notorious Harry Bennet, who ran a nasty gang of thugs, for example.

My Dad told of a time when he worked for Ford. His buddy's Ford wouldn't start in the morning and he borrowed the neighbor's Chevrolet. Bennet"s thugs met the man in the parking lot after the shift and beat the sap out of him, seriously enough that he needed hospitalization, before they threw him a pink slip.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 09-06-2011 at 03:23 PM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Here's the source:

I ran into this site some time ago. Scroll down on the directory page to Genora Johnson Dollinger.

Corporations have been extremely ugly in fighting back unions. Ford had its notorious Harry Bennet, who ran a nasty gang of thugs.

My Dad told of a time when he worked for Ford. His buddy's Ford wouldn't stat in the morning and he borrowed the neighbor's Chevrolet. Bennet"s thugs met the man in the parking lot after the shift and beat the sap out of him before they threw him a pink slip.
    Sorry, no proof, no names, no company. Also a union worker's description of senate report and not the actual report.

Actually no proof that Hoffa eliminated by mafia only suppositions. Anybody can make accusations but proof is what counts.

Here's the source:

Conditions in most industries were little short of slavery. The auto industry was no exception. Some sort of push back was inevitable. Corporations have been extremely ugly in fighting back unions. Ford had its notorious Harry Bennet, who ran a nasty gang of thugs, for example.

My Dad told of a time when he worked for Ford. His buddy's Ford wouldn't start in the morning and he borrowed the neighbor's Chevrolet. Bennet"s thugs met the man in the parking lot after the shift and beat the sap out of him, seriously enough that he needed hospitalization, before they threw him a pink slip.
    This is awesome Zeus, this union lackey knows stuff the FBI couldn't find out!!
    (even though, it does nothing to support what YOU have claimed, oh well!!!!)

That is some damned fine work right there!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Yes but this was how long ago? We now have a plethora of regulations and laws to protect the U.S. worker and ensure the safety of the workplace so unions and their thugs serve no useful purpose except to countries that benefit from the U.S. outsourcing jobs there. There was a time in our history when Pony Express was the fastest means of communication before telegrams, telephones, radio, TV and the internet, does the fact that it was once useful mean we should keep it around?
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    Yes but this was how long ago? We now have a plethora of regulations and laws to protect the U.S. worker and ensure the safety of the workplace so unions and their thugs serve no useful purpose except to countries that benefit from the U.S. outsourcing jobs there. There was a time in our history when Pony Express was the fastest means of communication before telegrams, telephones, radio, TV and the internet, does the fact that it was once useful mean we should keep it around?
    Were the riders union?
    If so....they should still be around!!!

I crack myself up sometimes.....

RK
    Stan b & Elvis