Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will You watch the debate - or Pres. jobs speech

Default Will You watch the debate - or Pres. jobs speech

will you watch the Republican debate this evening

will you watch the POTUS speech on his jobs/stimulus plan tomorrow

will you watch the NFL instead
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Well.....my husband likes football, Sis is here from another state and likes Obama ( although I don't believe as much as she once did ) I'm
    guessing that someone will be watching the front room TV and someone
    the small TV in another room. I don't like football nor the prez. I may be
    playing on the computer doing another interesting ( ? ) search. Or answering
    e-mails etc. If.......Sis and Hubby both watch Obama I will be subjected to
    the fall out. They will both have their personal views on things but my husband does not like arguing so he won't.........I probably will disagree with part of it and will let it be known

Packing up tomorrow to go to a HT and do some hunting. I'll pay little attention here for a few days. No phone, no net...Bliss...

A good season to you all. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Packing up tomorrow to go to a HT and do some hunting. I'll pay little attention here for a few days. No phone, no net...Bliss...

A good season to you all. JD
    whatcha hunting.....did the same thing except I cheated by having my XM satellite radio...after the first 24 hrs, I have to admit I did not miss nor was missed , but it did give me time to reflect on a lot..

Hope you have a fun and safe hunt

A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

No brainer---TENNIS!
    John Stroh, Lodi ca

There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace…........If one has cut, split, hauled, and piled his own good oak, and let his mind work the while, he will remember much about where the heat comes from, and with a wealth of detail denied to those who spend the weekend in town astride a radiator.

Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    whatcha hunting.....did the same thing except I cheated by having my XM satellite radio...after the first 24 hrs, I have to admit I did not miss nor was missed , but it did give me time to reflect on a lot..

Hope you have a fun and safe hunt
    Thanx,
    A few dove, then after the HT, maybe some early teal. It's still real hot here. Scouting has shown only a few teal so far. Weather is supposed to change soon though. Can't wait. Ducks come later here NM. Blind building time.
    Read with enjoyment your elk hunt posts. Maybe next time. Eh? JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Thanx,
    A few dove, then after the HT, maybe some early teal. It's still real hot here. Scouting has shown only a few teal so far. Weather is supposed to change soon though. Can't wait. Ducks come later here NM. Blind building time.
    Read with enjoyment your elk hunt posts. Maybe next time. Eh? JD
    Good luck JD,
    Have a safe and joyous hunt!

stan b & Elvis
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    will you watch the Republican debate this evening

will you watch the POTUS speech on his jobs/stimulus plan tomorrow

will you watch the NFL instead
    Watched the debate last night. I thought the most interesting comment came from Huntsman when he said the GOP can not run from science. He was dead-on with that comment!

I'll watch the POTUS speech up until kickoff.

Pulling for Nadal to repeat as U S Open champ.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Watched the debate last night. I thought the most interesting comment came from Huntsman when he said the GOP can not run from science. He was dead-on with that comment!

I'll watch the POTUS speech up until kickoff.

Pulling for Nadal to repeat as U S Open champ.

Good man! looks like we have a brace of tennis fans. Me too on Nadal. This conservative teacher will vote Republican regardless of the debates. Will watch them as more candidates are weeded out. Right now, it is all about tennis. GO RAFE'
    John Stroh, Lodi ca

There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace…........If one has cut, split, hauled, and piled his own good oak, and let his mind work the while, he will remember much about where the heat comes from, and with a wealth of detail denied to those who spend the weekend in town astride a radiator.

Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by 7pntail View Post
    Good man! looks like we have a brace of tennis fans. Me too on Nadal. This conservative teacher will vote Republican regardless of the debates. Will watch them as more candidates are weeded out. Right now, it is all about tennis. GO RAFE'

as much as I want to be patriotic and pull for Roddick, his window of winning majors is over,due mainly to his one dimensional game....that being said I have to pull for Roger Ferderer and Caroline Wozniaki (since my gal Sharapova went out in the 3rd round) can't stand the Williams sisters