2 5.56%
  • we dont watch TV

1 2.78%
  • ambivalent to all the above

5 13.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will You watch the debate - or Pres. jobs speech

I will NOT be watching anything. I couldn't put I don't watch tv though, because I do, about once a week. I have a 4 yr old daughter that has to have her own channel on in 4 rooms. In the living room she is obsessed with the Discovery Channel, I dare not change that. In her room she has a movie in, typically a disney one, and then in the other 2 rooms she loves to watch netflix of all the oldies like Felix the Cat, Popeye, Tom & Jerry, etc....

She has been extremely bored out of her mind with the weather over 100 lately so I really can't wait till this cooped up child starts school on Monday AND can actually play outside.

IF I had a choice, I would be watching NFL. Thankfully my computer is in the Living Room so I get to watch alot of the cool Discovery Channel stuff though.
    Laura

~Retriever families are like fudge, mostly sweet, with a few nuts!~

Trust me on this one Laura, you didnt miss a thing in the speech...it was a lecture on how we need to pass this bill..(before even knowing what's in it)..doesnt that sound familiar ? does this POTUS really think the sheeple are that stupid...let me re phrase that ..
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Science. The ones who said we would be out of oil, food, in an ice age, dead from AIDS, and blown up in a nuclear holocost by now. When have the research dooms day extortionist ever been correct.

Quote Originally Posted by tpaschal30 View Post
    Science. The ones who said we would be out of oil, food, in an ice age, dead from AIDS, and blown up in a nuclear holocost by now. When have the research dooms day extortionist ever been correct.
    Yup. Science has contributed nothing to society.

Dues paying member of the flat earth society regards...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Trust me on this one Laura, you didnt miss a thing in the speech...it was a lecture on how we need to pass this bill..(before even knowing what's in it)..doesnt that sound familiar ? does this POTUS really think the sheeple are that stupid...let me re phrase that ..

Bon, I don't believe he thinks. He is an actor.........he just plays his part.
    I don't really feel like we have very many who use their brains who are elected. I once read a small article in a dog magazine that was about the confirmation AKC dog shows etc. The opinion put forth was that if you spent enough money on campaigning a dog you could "finish" it. It sure looks to me like when it comes to elections it works about the same way.

Applying science is one thing. Using it in extortion schemes for funding is another. It is the difference is using a gun to protect your family or robbing a C store.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Seems like I'm quoting you frequently as of late eh? I did want to vote for watching Mickael Weston and Harvey and company, but I put them on the recorder and watched the game. Pretty much can't stand to watch a typical dude from the 'hood' telling America what WE need to do so his unionistas can provide more dues to the rest of the corrupt thugs he was educated by.

Concerning the 'sheeple' reference, you know my thoughts on that scenario.

The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but the citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency.

It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency, than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgement to an electorate willing to have such a man for their president.

The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails us.

Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince.

The republic can survive a Barack Obama. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those that made him their President.

I salute the unknown author of that bit of insightfulness.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

18 times = the amount of times BHO said "pass this bill"...we heard it the first time Mr President....he must be under the impression that the more times he repeats something then it will come true or maybe by his forceful presence that the bill will pass..his arrogance that he knows what is best is sickening

A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Let's see the bill in writing.

Quote Originally Posted by tpaschal30 View Post
    Let's see the bill in writing.

its not done yet because the select"super committee" will have to find a way to fund the bill....plus whoever the architects of the bill are havent even begun to draft the legislation yet..but you have madame Pelosi admonishing lawmakers not to slice and dice the bill....this is another schiat sandwich of another flavor similar to the health care bill..

Except this bill is going to be laden with pork projects in states that are key to the re election campaign..it will be for roads and bridges that really don't need to be fixed, schools that were already scheduled for renovation,and other inner city entitlement programs, or govt subsidized housing and other feelgood projects....