RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Anyone else swimming in Pennsylvania?

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  8DuckCaller 
#1 ·
We got over 10 inches of rain in three days, almost 5 of it yesterday, and more is on the way. I have never seen flooding like this in this area before. The Susquehanna river in my neck of the woods is suppose to crest near 59 feet above flood stage. I'm grateful I only have a minimal amount of water in my basement. I know of some folks who have water all the way up the basement stairs to their first floor. Wish I could send some of this water to the area that needs it.

#2 ·
im northwest of Philly by about 20 miles. We had a bunch of flooding in our area. Schools were closed and or 2 hours late. My inlaws live in a 55 plus community by me. They had a lot of houses flooded and the pump station behind them failed which inturn caused raw sewage to back up into some of the basements and the township has now condemned 6 houses. im talking 9' of basements full to the brim with sewage.

#7 ·
I feel you!!! We bagged 14 on opening day, 7 on the second day and not even one bird on the third day in VA. I haven't had a chance to go with all this rain falling on us. But, I am not complaining, especially with everything that's going on in Texas. I wish we could send them some of our rain fall.

#5 ·
Is this related to one of the tropical storms, or a different system? Wayne, how awful for your in laws. I am assuming they did not get run out, but isn't the smell and all still intolerable for the whole community? I do hope they are alright. Good luck to all.

#6 ·
They are ok in their place, but the next 2 rows of houses have now been condemned.. 14 houses.. They are comiing up to our place for showers and dinner tonite. We told them to stay but they have to wait and see what happens.. weve had something like 20" of rain in the last month.. Thats absurd for august/september

#9 ·
All this is from "Lee". Seems that the gulf stream pushed the heaviest rain up the gut of Central PA. I think it caught everyone off guard. Just drove along the Susquehanna along Wrightsville. A lot of boats left out, some are starting to get pulled under. As for early goose season: can't get on the water, corn fields are uncut and I'm sure that it will be awhile before they can cut them. So early season looks like a wash for me. I was hoping to have my blind out by this week. Guess my procrastinating provided me a little luck, as is it's still in my garage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.