The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Now that don't ask-dont' tell is over

Default Now that don't ask-dont' tell is over

does it really matter...I never served in the military, but came from a military family..my dad was a decorated career Army officer, had two older brothers do their stints in the Army and Marines..we have a couple of nephews and a niece that are gay...I know the subject bothered my dad, but wondering if it matters to you ..doesnt matter if you did or didnt serve...just looking for opinions

FTR: it doesnt matter to me but I dont like the immediate rush of military coming out and getting civil unions and "coming out of the closet" or maybe the media giving it their attention
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

As someone who served in the Army and has many many friends who are active duty soldiers it matters. Let's just say that a lot of my buddies are pretty much completely intolerant to homosexuality. Reasons do not matter to them.
    "Blastem Daddy!" My Son's advice to me as a big ole Tom turkey came strutting within range. My son was 6 at the time.

Weller's Tell It To The Judge MH (Justice)
    Weller's Running With The Wind MH (Chase)
    JD's In It Again MH (Trouble) 5/1/2009 - 1/3/2012

20 years in the Army. I don't care if someone is gay or not, but I don't want to see any public displays of affection, from straight or gay.

I don't believe in homosexuality.

It's not going to go over well in the combat arms.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    does it really matter...I never served in the military, but came from a military family..my dad was a decorated career Army officer, had two older brothers do their stints in the Army and Marines..we have a couple of nephews and a niece that are gay...I know the subject bothered my dad, but wondering if it matters to you ..doesnt matter if you did or didnt serve...just looking for opinions

FTR: it doesnt matter to me but I dont like the immediate rush of military coming out and getting civil unions and "coming out of the closet" or maybe the media giving it their attention
    I would be willing to bet that many of those we see on tv are "make believe" Bon... Probably never served a day. Could be actors. Do you trust the MSM??
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by DU_quacker View Post
    20 years in the Army. I don't care if someone is gay or not, but I don't want to see any public displays of affection, from straight or gay.

I don't believe in homosexuality.

It's not going to go over well in the combat arms.
    Never served but all I care about is readiness of troops. If it truly isn't going to affect them then I don't care one way or another. I also doubt we are getting the whole story from the media about how it will affect the troops actually out on the ground.

DU what is there not to believe in homosexuality....some people are gay...that is fact there is nothing to believe or not believe....

Obammer just commissioned a new combat brigade, gonna call them the
    "Rump Rangers".
    Just Win

A very sad day for the US Military and America.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    I would be willing to bet that many of those we see on tv are "make believe" Bon... Probably never served a day. Could be actors. Do you trust the MSM??
    Now that is exactly what I meant....I really dont give a rats behind if the two military personnel get their unions EXCEPT that in many cases they may be breaking military code i.e. officers with enlisted personnel...but its like the rainbow brigade wants to march out all these military gays out and parade them around...I dont need that, the military doesnt need that...the military is the penultimate team, breaking ranks and showing that you are sexually free is not part of the team concept..guess it bothers me more than I thought or maybe I am channeling my old man, glad he wasnt around to see this day,it would have broke his heart
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

IMO - Disgustingly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    A very sad day for the US Military and America.

RK
    Just got back from dog training.
    Ha d a great conversation with a former Marine.

Evidently I am not alone in this sentiment and feeling like PUKING!!!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis