The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 129

Thread: Now that don't ask-dont' tell is over

  1. #21
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    I don't see how it changes anything. The people were either straight/gay/lesbian/bi to begin with. It didn't miraculously change their sexual preference(s). Speaking of drugs, how many people were on them during wars? (illicit drug use was & is illegal) I'm not knocking them for getting high as a kite after making it through a day of fighting, but I won't turn away from facts either. Yeah, I'm positive about the sex part not being diluted either. The military is about whatever you want it to be. It's no sure thing that they have any of the 3 things you mentioned. The simple fact is there is good & bad with it. To make it out like everything is all great in the military and it's nothing but honorable/noble people is a farce.
    That is YOUR opinion, not MY experience!!

    A far as serving with "gays."
    I'm sure I did, not my business, irrelevant to the mission and not something we needed to know.
    It has worked extremely well for over a century.

    RK
    Last edited by road kill; 09-21-2011 at 07:34 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

  2. #22
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Down East Labs 217 View Post
    Saw the news tonight. They had what they said was a Marine marring his friend. The problem was, he was wearing an Army Officer's uniform. The media blew that one.

    Richard
    Goes back to my post earlier when I said most of the ones on tv probably were not even real soldiers... just actors for the cameras... Good catch!
    Bill Davis

  3. #23
    Senior Member Jim Danis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Posts
    881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Little View Post
    Obammer just commissioned a new combat brigade, gonna call them the
    "Rump Rangers".
    The Navy also commissioned a new Destroyer. The sailors affectionatley call themselves "Butt Pirates".
    "Blastem Daddy!" My Son's advice to me as a big ole Tom turkey came strutting within range. My son was 6 at the time.

    Weller's Tell It To The Judge MH (Justice)
    Weller's Running With The Wind MH (Chase)
    JD's In It Again MH (Trouble) 5/1/2009 - 1/3/2012

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Prairieville, LA
    Posts
    4,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    That is YOUR opinion, not MY experience!!

    A far as serving with "gays."
    I'm sure I did, not my business, irrelevant to the mission and not something we needed to know.
    It has worked extremely well for over a century.

    RK
    What opinion?

  5. #25
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    What opinion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes
    The military is about whatever you want it to be. It's no sure thing that they have any of the 3 things you mentioned.
    Don't you read your posts??

    That is YOUR opinion, not MY experience.

    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Prairieville, LA
    Posts
    4,121

    Default

    Not an opinion. That's simple facts.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Jason Glavich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    woodbridge,VA
    Posts
    1,943

    Default

    Some people do not understand why it worked, and how it will now effect units and how people bond. Some people do not think their choice is right and it will forever change their unit's effectiveness. I personally do not care either way what someones sexual preference is either way, but to many this is a major issue and will change the way they see them forever.

    RK, I met some great people during my time in the best Gun Club in the world, all of them even at their worst had great corp values.

    Jacob, They may not always have all 3 things but they do have to courage to put it all on the line to fight this nations wars.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

    ~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

  8. #28
    Senior Member Raymond Little's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lake Charles/Grand Chenier La
    Posts
    1,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    I don't see how it changes anything. The people were either straight/gay/lesbian/bi to begin with. It didn't miraculously change their sexual preference(s). Speaking of drugs, how many people were on them during wars? I'm not knocking them for getting high as a kite after making it through a day of fighting, but I won't turn away from facts either. Yeah, I'm positive about the sex part not being diluted either. The military is about whatever you want it to be. It's no sure thing that they have any of the 3 things you mentioned. The simple fact is there is good & bad with it. To make it out like everything is all great in the military and it's nothing but honorable/noble people is a farce.
    What branch of military did you serve in to get your facts?
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

  9. #29
    Senior Member Nate_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    509

    Default

    This is exactly what they said about African Americans 60 years ago. I am sure it made some men sick to serve and live with African American soldiers. I am sure you will say that that is different but it isn't.

    The armed services aren't a test tube but they shouldnít institutionalize something that flies in the face of all that America stands for. See in this country we judge people by the quality of their character not their religion, race or who they love. I am a very religious person and believe that homosexuality is a sin but I donít get to enforce that believe on others. Just as I donít want the government telling me how to live or raise my family.

  10. #30
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nate_C View Post
    This is exactly what they said about African Americans 60 years ago. I am sure it made some men sick to serve and live with African American soldiers. I am sure you will say that that is different but it isn't.

    The armed services aren't a test tube but they shouldnít institutionalize something that flies in the face of all that America stands for. See in this country we judge people by the quality of their character not their religion, race or who they love. I am a very religious person and believe that homosexuality is a sin but I donít get to enforce that believe on others. Just as I donít want the government telling me how to live or raise my family.
    I served along side black men, in combat, how about you?

    It is not the same, not at all.
    But I'm not surprised someone would try to make it out to be the same.

    So to you sexual orientation and the CHOICE to act on thata is the same as race??


    WOW!!!!!


    Just out of curiosity, what if you are wrong?
    If I am wrong, "don't ask don't tell" harms noone.
    If you are wrong.............


    RK
    Last edited by road kill; 09-21-2011 at 03:44 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •