The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 129

Thread: Now that don't ask-dont' tell is over

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Prairieville, LA
    Posts
    4,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Glavich View Post
    Jacob, They may not always have all 3 things but they do have to courage to put it all on the line to fight this nations wars.
    I agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nate_C View Post
    This is exactly what they said about African Americans 60 years ago. I am sure it made some men sick to serve and live with African American soldiers. I am sure you will say that that is different but it isn't.

    The armed services aren't a test tube but they shouldnít institutionalize something that flies in the face of all that America stands for. See in this country we judge people by the quality of their character not their religion, race or who they love. I am a very religious person and believe that homosexuality is a sin but I donít get to enforce that believe on others. Just as I donít want the government telling me how to live or raise my family.
    Agree to this as well.

  2. #32
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Glavich View Post
    Some people do not understand why it worked, and how it will now effect units and how people bond. Some people do not think their choice is right and it will forever change their unit's effectiveness. I personally do not care either way what someones sexual preference is either way, but to many this is a major issue and will change the way they see them forever.

    RK, I met some great people during my time in the best Gun Club in the world, all of them even at their worst had great corp values.

    Jacob, They may not always have all 3 things but they do have to courage to put it all on the line to fight this nations wars.

    Your correct, they may not "always" have all 3 things, but at least they do when it counts!!

    Semper Fi Marine, thank God for you guys!!


    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  3. #33
    Senior Member Terri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    626

    Default

    I'm not and have not served my country, but me dad and both grandpas served. I always dreamed of marrying a pig farmer after my military police officer career, but neither dream came true.

    Just a question for the guys who have been in the military or are still serving: Do you admit that gay people have been in the military from the beginning of time? Do you like the do not tell policy? If both of these two questions are answered with a yes, then what is going to happen if the gay men come out of the military closet? Do you think the gays will be free to jump on you without worry of punishment? What is the fear?
    If you tell me there has never been gays in the military and that you do not support gays in the military I can understand you not wanting a policy that allows gays in the military, period. I believe my dad and grandpas did not believe that any gay man would survive the military. None of them are alive today, but even if they were I wonder if anyone could convince them to accept a gay man as fit for duty. They did not have sensitivity training back in the day.
    I just do not understand what mind game you are playing with yourself by saying as long as they stay in the closet it is all good.

    Now how do you feel about gay women - on a personal level and also serving in the military? I usually see that most men have no problem with the women and some like it a bit too much for my comfort level.

    Just some things to think about.
    Terri

  4. #34
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terri View Post
    I'm not and have not served my country, but me dad and both grandpas served. I always dreamed of marrying a pig farmer after my military police officer career, but neither dream came true.

    Just a question for the guys who have been in the military or are still serving: Do you admit that gay people have been in the military from the beginning of time? Do you like the do not tell policy? If both of these two questions are answered with a yes, then what is going to happen if the gay men come out of the military closet? Do you think the gays will be free to jump on you without worry of punishment? What is the fear?
    If you tell me there has never been gays in the military and that you do not support gays in the military I can understand you not wanting a policy that allows gays in the military, period. I believe my dad and grandpas did not believe that any gay man would survive the military. None of them are alive today, but even if they were I wonder if anyone could convince them to accept a gay man as fit for duty. They did not have sensitivity training back in the day.
    I just do not understand what mind game you are playing with yourself by saying as long as they stay in the closet it is all good.

    Now how do you feel about gay women - on a personal level and also serving in the military? I usually see that most men have no problem with the women and some like it a bit too much for my comfort level.

    Just some things to think about.
    Terri
    The military is not the same as some ones social circles.
    It's a different animal all together.
    I don't care what they do in private, just don't tell me I have to accept it!!

    Just something to think about.


    RK
    Last edited by road kill; 09-21-2011 at 03:58 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

  5. #35
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terri View Post
    I'm not and have not served my country, but me dad and both grandpas served. I always dreamed of marrying a pig farmer after my military police officer career, but neither dream came true.

    Just a question for the guys who have been in the military or are still serving: Do you admit that gay people have been in the military from the beginning of time? Do you like the do not tell policy? If both of these two questions are answered with a yes, then what is going to happen if the gay men come out of the military closet? Do you think the gays will be free to jump on you without worry of punishment? What is the fear?
    If you tell me there has never been gays in the military and that you do not support gays in the military I can understand you not wanting a policy that allows gays in the military, period. I believe my dad and grandpas did not believe that any gay man would survive the military. None of them are alive today, but even if they were I wonder if anyone could convince them to accept a gay man as fit for duty. They did not have sensitivity training back in the day.
    I just do not understand what mind game you are playing with yourself by saying as long as they stay in the closet it is all good.

    Now how do you feel about gay women - on a personal level and also serving in the military? I usually see that most men have no problem with the women and some like it a bit too much for my comfort level.

    Just some things to think about.
    Terri
    I'll answer your question. I served in the AF in the early '80's. I knew gay people (men and women) who were on active duty back then. They did their job, and didn't bother anyone and no one bothered them. The people I knew never "came out" officially, but most knew. I could care less what their sexual preference is. I don't take my sexual preference to work and make it known to all I work with and force others to acknowledge that I have a preference one way or the other. I think they deserve the same right as anyone else as a citizen, but not as a "special class" of citizen.

    That is my problem with the gay lobby... they are about forcing the rest of the world to accept their position (like it or not). They keep advancing their agenda one step at a time. They are already working on forcing the military to give benefits to the partners such as health care and base housing etc... it never stops...
    Bill Davis

  6. #36
    Senior Member Raymond Little's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lake Charles/Grand Chenier La
    Posts
    1,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terri View Post
    I'm not and have not served my country, but me dad and both grandpas served. I always dreamed of marrying a pig farmer after my military police officer career, but neither dream came true.

    Just a question for the guys who have been in the military or are still serving: Do you admit that gay people have been in the military from the beginning of time? Do you like the do not tell policy? If both of these two questions are answered with a yes, then what is going to happen if the gay men come out of the military closet? Do you think the gays will be free to jump on you without worry of punishment? What is the fear?
    If you tell me there has never been gays in the military and that you do not support gays in the military I can understand you not wanting a policy that allows gays in the military, period. I believe my dad and grandpas did not believe that any gay man would survive the military. None of them are alive today, but even if they were I wonder if anyone could convince them to accept a gay man as fit for duty. They did not have sensitivity training back in the day.
    I just do not understand what mind game you are playing with yourself by saying as long as they stay in the closet it is all good.

    Now how do you feel about gay women - on a personal level and also serving in the military? I usually see that most men have no problem with the women and some like it a bit too much for my comfort level.

    Just some things to think about.
    Terri
    That's it in a nutzsak Terri, What place does sensitivity training have in the military where it's main purpose is to break things and kill people???
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

  7. #37
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Little View Post
    That's it in a nutzsak Terri, What place does sensitivity training have in the military where it's main purpose is to break things and kill people???
    BINGO !
    Bill Davis

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Shelbyville, Tn
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Two words used extensively on this thread are "accept' and "gay".

    If you look up the word '"accept", you will see that the meaning of the word used in the context of the posts here is to "approve". Tollerence maybe but approval maybe not ever. Could the use of the word "accept" be used deliberately to subcontiously argue for approval?

    The term "gay" actually is a state of the mind. I wonder what one would think if I said I was a gay heterosexual man? It has always amused me that the term "gay" is supposed to refer to a homosexual man and the term "straight" was to refer to a heterosexual man. Would you think that one who is "straight" cannot be "gay"?

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    N.E. Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Two words used extensively on this thread are "accept' and "gay".

    If you look up the word '"accept", you will see that the meaning of the word used in the context of the posts here is to "approve". Tollerence maybe but approval maybe not ever. Could the use of the word "accept" be used deliberately to subcontiously argue for approval?

    The term "gay" actually is a state of the mind. I wonder what one would think if I said I was a gay heterosexual man? It has always amused me that the term "gay" is supposed to refer to a homosexual man and the term "straight" was to refer to a heterosexual man. Would you think that one who is "straight" cannot be "gay"?

    Yep, when I was growing up "gay" was not used in reference to homosexuals.
    Trying to "sugar coat" ( no pun intended ) it does nothing to help their cause. They were "fairies" or "queers" back then........not that I think either of those terms fit either.

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    I'll answer your question. I served in the AF in the early '80's. I knew gay people (men and women) who were on active duty back then. They did their job, and didn't bother anyone and no one bothered them. The people I knew never "came out" officially, but most knew. I could care less what their sexual preference is. I don't take my sexual preference to work and make it known to all I work with and force others to acknowledge that I have a preference one way or the other. I think they deserve the same right as anyone else as a citizen, but not as a "special class" of citizen.

    That is my problem with the gay lobby... they are about forcing the rest of the world to accept their position (like it or not). They keep advancing their agenda one step at a time. They are already working on forcing the military to give benefits to the partners such as health care and base housing etc... it never stops...
    Don't your wife and children get health care and base housing....if you don't want them to be a special class of citizen then don't you think...like you said in your post that they deserve the same rights? I just don't see the big deal...they have always been in the military what makes all you guys think it's going to be different now? It will still be against the rules for any show of affection on base. The only argument I have heard that has any real merit and makes me seriously wonder is about the separate barracks. How can they say men and women must sleep in separate barracks but gay men can sleep in the same barracks as other men.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •