The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Keynisian vs Austrian Economics Made Easy

Default Keynesian vs Austrian Economics Made Easy

I know a little forestry management having been a partowner in tracks of Pine Plantations to know this makes sense.

The piece offers links to verify the research.

Here's the deal; one of our major Political Parties subscribes to one theory on economics. Our other major Political Party subcribes to neither. Our third oldest party subscribes to the other!

Here it is;
    http://www.chrismartenson.com/forum/...-analogy/40845
    Last edited by Franco; 09-22-2011 at 11:08 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

His use of Yellowstone as an example is erroneous. The park does not remain "blackened" as he suggests. The forest has a vibrant regrowth. The post fire ecology has given rise to a regenerated flora and fauna.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

From Yellowstones' website;

The fate of the aspen, however, should not be seen as being characteristic of the park as a whole. It will again have beautiful and healthy forests, although it will take several decades for the forest to be restored. People must remember that the beauty of Yellowstone before the fires was actually the result of previous fires. The fires are a necessary part of the natural cycle of life, death, and re-birth. Yellowstone is far from dead!

The Aspen have not returned to the burn area yet because of the Forestry practice.

Yes, fire does a forest good if the forest is managed properly. Yellowstone Forestry Managers learned a lot from the 1988 fire. The Aspen could have been saved had they not let the undergrowth get out of control.

So yes, it is a good example!
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Mises.org should give you a healthy dose of Austrian economics. Also, The Mike Church Show on XM 125 every morning.

Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post
    Mises.org should give you a healthy dose of Austrian economics. Also, The Mike Church Show on XM 125 every morning.
    Having had a day to go through the site, I like it! I've added it to my "favorites".

Austrian Economics is on the way whether the Liberals or Extreme Right embrace it or not because we will have no alternative.

On another note, anyone read where the German Finance Minister slammed Obama/Gietner/Bernacke's policy suggesting that Europe throw money at the problem like we are doing here?