The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Texas A & M Officially Joins SEC

Default Texas A & M Officially Joins SEC

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...nt-bolting-sec

Welcome Aggies to the best Football Conference in the land. I personally am happy to have such a great school, one loaded with class and character join us!

The Big 12's loss is the SEC's gain. Now, we just need one more quality university to join so that we can balance the two Divisions of the SEC.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

is it strickly a move for more money or do they think they will compete for championships?
    i would prefer the other team come from the east (west virginia?) so Auburn can stay in the west. if they move to the east i fear Alabama will lose the every year game with Tennessee.

Now Vanderbilt can have some competition for the worst record in the SEC.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

i would think A&M will be better than that. fight it out with ole miss & miss state for the 5th-7th bowl bid. vandy is in the east division, i believe

What exactly is the point?

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

guess Auburn , Miss St, and TAMU can argue about who has the best Vet school in the conference..they may be the conference doormat in football for a couple of years until they learn to recruit out of the shadow of Austin and prepare for SEC football...they will be an immediate threat in baseball, and basketball...and they may be dominant in track

Thanksgivings just wont be the same in our family without the annual UT vs A&M game..

TAMU is strong academically and now the SEC has their own built in Army cadets complete with knee high campaign boots and polished sabers...its a good school and would be proud if my son ever decided to go there..lots of good memories visiting the school...its produced some very fine people who have made a big impact on my life...sad to see them go
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

All this conference jumping is about TV revenues and nothing more. Money talks and everything else walks.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Thanksgivings just wont be the same in our family without the annual UT vs A&M game..
    I think you'll still get to keep that game. Most (if not all) SEC teams, the SEC sked is done by T-giving. Florida plays fsu on Thanksgiving weekend most years. I think UGA/GA Tech and South Carolina/Clempson also play on that weekend, too.

Don't worry...you'll get to cry yourself to sleep on that weekend just like a host of other out-of-conference fans do every year, too.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

I keep hearing Mizzou as the 14th. WTF?!? That would be a disappointment. I'd like to see West Virginia or Virginia Tech.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    guess LSU, Auburn , Miss St, and TAMU can argue about who has the best Vet school in the conference..they may be the conference doormat in football for a couple of years until they learn to recruit out of the shadow of Austin and prepare for SEC football...they will be an immediate threat in baseball, and basketball...and they may be dominant in track

TAMU is strong academically and now the SEC has their own built in Army cadets complete with knee high campaign boots and polished sabers...its a good school and would be proud if my son ever decided to go there..lots of good memories visiting the school...its produced some very fine people who have made a big impact on my life...sad to see them go
    Fixed it for ya Bon
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts