The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Texas A & M Officially Joins SEC

I think the move is about being more competitve on the football field which is very important because of the revenue Football delivers to universities.

When you look at how the SEC players dominate the early rounds of the NFL draft, the athletes with an eye towards the NFL lean towards the SEC. All of which will help T A&M. No doubt it will help them recuit within the state and put them on an even playing field with U of Texas.

I had heard the Mizzou was going to stay put.

On a side note, I don't think there is any chance that the coaches poll will vote LSU and Bama as #1 and #2 for political reasons.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

The move is about gaining the Houston market. I like it cause it brings back the old LSU/TAMU rivalry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    The move is about gaining the Houston market. I like it cause it brings back the old LSU/TAMU rivalry.
    Huh????
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...nt-bolting-sec

Welcome Aggies to the best Football Conference in the land. I personally am happy to have such a great school, one loaded with class and character join us!

The Big 12's loss is the SEC's gain. Now, we just need one more quality university to join so that we can balance the two Divisions of the SEC.
    I couldn't be happier with the move. It might take us a few years to compete in football with such an excellent conference but our basketball is looking better and our track teams only win national titles every year. In fact, I think we stole the track coach from LSU.

It will be sad to lose the Thanksgiving game with Texas but it wouldn't make any sense given that there are such strong teams in the SEC. Might have to change the lyrics to our War Hymn.

I can't wait even though it makes me feel old

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Huh????
    What part did you not get?

Here is the Wall St Journal's take on what's happening in College Football.
    .................................................. .......

The rest of college football formally surrendered to the Southeastern Conference Sunday, ending a decades-long war that had become hopelessly one-sided.
    The surrender took place just outside Appomattox, Va. SEC officials declined to explain why this site was chosen.
    "What began 85 years ago in Pasadena has been finished today," the SEC said in a statement, referring to Alabama's 1926 Rose Bowl victory over Washington, which established Southern schools as a threat. "This is our sport now."
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...857297688.html
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

LOL. I read that elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    What part did you not get?
    Why would either the SEC or A&M expect to pick up any more of the Houston market than they already have?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

I'll speculate what Jacob is thinking by saying that having a major Texas U in the SEC would be a huge draw for east Texas and the Houston area. Especially, with the Big 12 falling apart. Texans are a proud football people and they will support a U playing with the big boys. From a recruiting standpoint, it should be a windfall for T A & M.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I'll speculate what Jacob is thinking by saying that having a major Texas U in the SEC would be a huge draw for east Texas and the Houston area. Especially, with the Big 12 falling apart. Texans are a proud football people and they will support a U playing with the big boys. From a recruiting standpoint, it should be a windfall for T A & M.
    Texas and Texas A&M already garner the largest fan bases in Texas and historically their fair share of the best recruiting classes in the nation.

TAMU already owns Houston in terms of fans and recruiting.

For 2012, according to Rivals, Texas has the #1 class and A$M has the #8 class (they had the talent in that class long before the SEC move).

Can't garner much more or do much better than than, regardless of conference.
    Last edited by Cowtown; 09-26-2011 at 11:15 PM.