The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crazy Never Wins GOP Sweepstakes

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I never said the Democratic Party wasn't hijacked! Both parties have gravitated to the extremes. That's why government has become so dyfunctional.

But don't tell be that the founder of the Conservative movement, William F Buckley Jr isn't turning in his grave at what the movement is today. Today it is nothing more than fear-mongering and Draconian solutions.

Hate to break it to ya, but William F. Buckley was very close friends with the Radio Talk Show host you seem to discredit as a conservative. I have a feeling he would disagree with you much more than RL.

Skywatcher Salem Orchard Hard "Cider"

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBayDog View Post
    Hate to break it to ya, but William F. Buckley was very close friends with the Radio Talk Show host you seem to discredit as a conservative. I have a feeling he would disagree with you much more than RL.
    Need to do your research! Buckley may have been cordial towards Limbaugh. I think the below website is damn accurate about the damage done by the current so-called Conservative yappers.

From The American Conservative dot com...

William F Buckley’s son Christopher retorted, “Rush, I knew William F. Buckley, Jr. William F. Buckley, Jr. was a father of mine. Rush, you’re no William F. Buckley, Jr.”

http://www.theamericanconservative.c.../feb/23/00006/

more from the same website.........

With reasons for gratitude duly noted, are there some downsides to conservative talk radio? Taking the conservative project as a whole—limited government, fiscal prudence, equality under law, personal liberty, patriotism, realism abroad—has talk radio helped or hurt? All those good things are plainly off the table for the next four years at least, a prospect that conservatives can only view with anguish. Did the Limbaughs, Hannitys, Savages, and Ingrahams lead us to this sorry state of affairs? They surely did. At the very least, by yoking themselves to the clueless George W. Bush and his free-spending administration, they helped create the great debt bubble that has now burst so spectacularly. The big names, too, were all uncritical of the decade-long (at least) efforts to “build democracy” in no-account nations with politically primitive populations. Sean Hannity called the Iraq War a “massive success,” and in January 2008 deemed the U.S. economy “phenomenal.”

There was Ron Paul, for example: “Our present course ... is not sustainable. ... Our spendthrift ways are going to come to an end one way or another. Politicians won’t even mention the issue, much less face up to it.”
    Last edited by Franco; 09-28-2011 at 12:56 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtown View Post
    This is simply another attempt by the left to select/influence the Republican nominee by putting forth another lame candidate like McCain....one which they believe Obama can beat.
    Yup, that Joe Scarborough is quite the lefty.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Why is it we are worrying about Political candidates for President when the election is13 months away. These extended election cycles just serve one purpose and that is diverting us from addressing the real issues that need to be addressed. Time we ask serious questions and hold responsible legislators for a Tax code , Banking system and Foreign trade policy that is sucking the life out of this country. That's what is important not this backround noise about Presidential candidates.
    Some of you might be interested in a movement going on now that attempts to prevent politicians from being bought and legislating based on campaign donations. Check it out here http://www.getmoneyout.com/

Don't think it's not important? Read this-------------- http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/
    Last edited by cotts135; 09-28-2011 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    Why is it we are worrying about Political candidates for President when the election is13 months away. These extended election cycles just serve one purpose and that is diverting us from addressing the real issues that need to be addressed. Time we ask serious questions and hold responsible legislators for a Tax code , Banking system and Foreign trade policy that is sucking the life out of this country. That's what is important not this backround noise about Presidential candidates.
    Some of you might be interested in a movement going on now that attempts to prevent politicians from being bought and legislating based on campaign donations. Check it out here http://www.getmoneyout.com/
    Yup!

From Michael Tracey a writer for publications like The Nation and Reason

the corporatists make sure authentic conservatives are vectored in other directions. They’re vectored on the social religious issues, abortion, more recently on raising the debt limit. ‘Keep going after the libs,’ the corporatists say. Because otherwise, authentic conservatives may develop a cooperative effort with the ‘libs’ on other issues, which are our issues,” he concludes. “The big issues.”
    Last edited by Franco; 09-28-2011 at 01:53 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post

Don't think it's not important? Read this-------------- http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/

Tell that to the current resident of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue...he started campaigning about a month after he took office
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Tell that to the current resident of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue...he started campaigning about a month after he took office
    Did he ever really stop?
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Yup, that Joe Scarborough is quite the lefty.
    Please. You don't even consider yourself a lefty so who are you to judge?

Scarborough's a hypocrite. He campaigned and stood for many of the concepts that he now considers "crazy." He was a proud Newt Girgrich lackey who fought against big govt., wanted to eliminate the Dept. of Education and staked out many a pro-life position. Now he's apparently against all that "crazy" stuff. He must like his MSNBC gig alot and I'm sure he'll proudly bask in the glow of admiration for being so moderate from libs like Buzz and whatever-the-heck Franco is. Too bad DNF's not here anymore as I'm sure he'd love to dry hump Scraborough's leg with the rest of the usual POTUS suspects.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I never said the Democratic Party wasn't hijacked! Both parties have gravitated to the extremes. That's why government has become so dyfunctional.

But don't tell be that the founder of the Conservative movement, William F Buckley Jr isn't turning in his grave at what the movement is today. Today it is nothing more than fear-mongering and Draconian solutions.
    "Fear mongering and draconian solutions". Actually I took Perry's seceding statemant as tongue in cheek and thought it rather funny I remember soneone saying devide the country and put the liberals in one half and the conservatives in another half and see which side has the higher standard of living.

But as to your statement would you identify the fear-mongering and draconian solutions. If you look at history you will see that we have never spent our way out of a depression. After 15 years of Keynesean policy, WWII(yes I know it was spending) brought us out because the existance of the country was at stake and people accepted rationing, wage and price freeze with extreme overtime.

But on the other hand in 1920 when the economy tanked far far worse than today, the Fed. budget was cun in half in 2 years and the highest marginal tax rate was cut from 75% tp 25%. The country recovered in almost no time.

So what is the fear mongering and draconian solutions you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    That is the problem. Do you really believe if it was a Republican in office that he would not do the same. You and I might disagree on many issues but when it comes to Banking, Taxes, and Foreign trade policy I bet we would agree on many things. I have said this before, this government is one wing with two party's and when we focus on these little brush fires that erupt daily we are missing the gigantic firestorm that is the problem. Let's work on the foundation and structure instead of focusing on the painting and room decorations.