The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crazy Never Wins GOP Sweepstakes

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    "Fear mongering and draconian solutions". Actually I took Perry's seceding statemant as tongue in cheek and thought it rather funny I remember soneone saying devide the country and put the liberals in one half and the conservatives in another half and see which side has the higher standard of living.

But as to your statement would you identify the fear-mongering and draconian solutions. If you look at history you will see that we have never spent our way out of a depression. After 15 years of Keynesean policy, WWII(yes I know it was spending) brought us out because the existance of the country was at stake and people accepted rationing, wage and price freeze with extreme overtime.

But on the other hand in 1920 when the economy tanked far far worse than today, the Fed. budget was cun in half in 2 years and the highest marginal tax rate was cut from 75% tp 25%. The country recovered in almost no time.

So what is the fear mongering and draconian solutions you speak of?
    Actually, I think succession is a legitimate way for a state to take care of itself if the government capitulates on its responsibilites as stated in The Constitution. For instance, it our Federal government were to continue on the same policy in regards to our currency and the dollar becomes worthless.

The fear monerging I was speaking of is what you hear on talk radio. I work for a Limbaugh/Hannity affiliate ( we have 6 other good radio stations or I wouldn't stick around) station and the station plays in the halls so I can't avoid listening to the phyco-babble. These two as well as others get thier listeners worked up because thier listeners believe that what they are saying to be true.

As I've said before, they do more damage to the real Conservative movement with thier extreme right views. See the article I posted here on The American Conservative dot com website. That publication just validated what I wrote on RTF back in 07 about them doing more damage to the Conservative movement all the while as they hijacked the lable Conservative.
    Last edited by Franco; 09-28-2011 at 06:44 PM.
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Actually, I think succession is a legitimate way for a state to take care of itself if the government capitulates on its responsibilites as stated in The Constitution. For instance, it our Federal government were to continue on the same policy in regards to our currency and the dollar becomes worthless.

The fear monerging I was speaking of is what you hear on talk radio. I work for a Limbaugh/Hannity affiliate ( we have 6 other good radio stations or I wouldn't stick around) station and the station plays in the halls so I can't avoid listening to the phyco-babble. These two as well as others get thier listeners worked up because thier listeners believe that what they are saying to be true.

As I've said before, they do more damage to the real Conservative movement with thier extreme right views. See the article I posted here on The American Conservative dot com website. That publication just validated what I wrote on RTF back in 07 about them doing more damage to the Conservative movement all the while as they hijacked the lable Conservative.
    I really don't listen to radio talk very much other than Phil Valentine and Dave Ramsey here is Nashville. I do agree with you that many so called conservatives left the fiscal consevatism at the door and I blame them for the result, of what we have as president now. If they had maintailned fiscal conservatism, I doubt BHO would be president.
    To me Chris Christy is far far ahead of anybody running. I wish he would understand how he sesonates with so many people and he should consider it his duty to run. I am hoping against hope he will realize it.

I really don't listen to radio talk very much other than Phil Valentine and Dave Ramsey here is Nashville. I do agree with you that many so called conservatives left the fiscal consevatism at the door and I blame them for the result, of what we have as president now. If they had maintailned fiscal conservatism, I doubt BHO would be president.
    To me Chris Christy is far far ahead of anybody running. I wish he would understand how he sesonates with so many people and he should consider it his duty to run. I am hoping against hope he will realize it.
    They aren't true conservatives, they are Rhinos aka moderates....just like Christy & Bush.

Newt supported cap and trade...that's all I need to hear. Free education & no fence (Perry), nope. Amnesty (Christy/Perry), nope.

NEXT!

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtown View Post
    They aren't true conservatives, they are Rhinos aka moderates....just like Christy & Bush.

Newt supported cap and trade...that's all I need to hear. Free education & no fence (Perry), nope. Amnesty (Christy/Perry), nope.

NEXT!
    I have been looking at Christy and watched what he has done since he was elected since it is such a blue state with a democrat legislature. I have not heard one word from his about amnesty.

Personally I don't believe there can be any imogration reform until and only until you can control the borders first.

I don't expect to agree with everything he does but he has certainly shown an ability to deal with a state in fiscal chaos under extremely difficult circumstances and has the support of the people of his state, and I have never heard a word from him supporting limiting individual freedoms.

You imply he supports amnesty. Do you say he means amnesty without first securing the border? I would be interested in his record on the subject if you can refer me to a text of such a speech.

Well, y'all got me curious about Christie's thoughts on immigration and this is all I could find;

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...ration-policy/
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Well, y'all got me curious about Christie's thoughts on immigration and this is all I could find;

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...ration-policy/
    Thanks Franco. I've heard Christy called a fat SOB but never a RINO

Thanks Franco. I've heard Christy called a fat SOB but never a RINO
    The appropriate term Cary is not SOB nor RINO but PACHYDERMATA, the complete list may be found here;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pachyderm

Sounds to me to me like a discription of the GOP to be sure. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    The appropriate term Cary is not SOB nor RINO but PACHYDERMATA, the complete list may be found here;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pachyderm

Sounds to me to me like a discription of the GOP to be sure. JD
    Actually, the appropriate term is LEADER, not whiner, liar or one who constantly bllames others for his or her failures.

Actually, the appropriate term is LEADER, not whiner, liar or one who constantly bllames others for his or her failures.
    The definition of a progressive is someone that whines, cries, squeals, bitches, bangs on buckets with wooden spoons and anything else until they get their way, then hate conservatives for allowing that to happen.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Chris Christie himself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTvMy...layer_embedded

So what is Christie hinting at when he tells Jake Tapper in the clip above that we need a “commonsense path to citizenship.” We already have one, and more than a million people a year take advantage of it.

What’s he’s hinting at, of course, is amnesty.