Quote Originally Posted by Doc E View Post
    The Obama administration does it again

Click Here ----> http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...-follow-rules/

Hey Doc,

We are the Federalis.......

We don't need no stinking rules!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

It seems Justice Thomas does not follow the rules all to well either.

http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch...-on-health-law

The point is is that it doesn't even matter. People do not want to hold politicians (or Chief Justices) responsible for ethical or even criminal violations. When viewed through the lense of partisan politics any number of totally off the wall justifications are used to absolve them of any wrong doing and the behavior continues because there is no penalty to pay.
    Getting the money out of politics would be a start and holding politicians accountable would prevent this nonsense in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post

The point is is that it doesn't even matter. People do not want to hold politicians (or Chief Justices) responsible for ethical or even criminal violations. When viewed through the lense of partisan politics any number of totally off the wall justifications are used to absolve them of any wrong doing and the behavior continues because there is no penalty to pay.
    Getting the money out of politics would be a start and holding politicians accountable would prevent this nonsense in the future.
    First, I have not met anybody that doesn't have strong opinions concerning the healthcare law. That includes unions, gov. workers, corporations, Foundations, nonprofit organizations, PAC's, employees and lawyers be they in private practice or judges. Maybe everybody should be disqualified, you think????

That is page 4 of the playbook, right Cotts?
    The "he started it" card?

I guess that makes it all OK then, huh!!??!!??

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hilarious, you guys need a new to play!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    First, I have not met anybody that doesn't have strong opinions concerning the healthcare law. That includes unions, gov. workers, corporations, Foundations, nonprofit organizations, PAC's, employees and lawyers be they in private practice or judges. Maybe everybody should be disqualified, you think????
    Second, you didn't read the article did you? If you did, that is a funny way to answer.

Second, you didn't read the article did you? If you did, that is a funny way to answer.
    I read the article. It cited Thomas and Dagen as possible justices that would be asked to recuse themselves.

As for Thomas' wife's income from heritage foundation, I'm not sure that there is anything in the Constitution where Chief Justices have to disclose even their outside income, much less their wife's. I am no Constitutional scholsr but I do believe that Congress cannot pass laws governing the Supreme Court. If you want to affect the Supreme court then you would have to change the Constitution. I could be wrong but suspect I am not. Furthermore, I noticed that you did not mention the problem with Kagen ruling on the issue.

After having READ the article, I also stated you could fine a possible conflict of interest with almost anybody concerning the healthcare issue.

fMy comments were concerning ALL the article, not just concerning Justice Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    That is page 4 of the playbook, right Cotts?
    The "he started it" card?

I guess that makes it all OK then, huh!!??!!??

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hilarious, you guys need a new to play!!

RK

What are you talking about???????? I don't care who starts it and I never even mentioned anything of the sort. Don't you see that both sides do the same things to varying degrees and depending on who side your on you excuse the behavior with lame justifications
    Saying that I have some kind of playbook is exactly the type of irrational and weak excuses I was talking about.

What are you talking about???????? I don't care who starts it and I never even mentioned anything of the sort. Don't you see that both sides do the same things to varying degrees and depending on who side your on you excuse the behavior with lame justifications
    Saying that I have some kind of playbook is exactly the type of irrational and weak excuses I was talking about.

When straying off topic to point out someone else did it is out of the progressive play book.

The "he started it" play.
    As that somehow excuses the circumventing of the rules in the thread title and the OP's story.

Had you addressed the topic at hand instead of wandering to Thomas I would not have brought it up.
    Instead of buying that it is merely a coincedence that it happens every time a progressive gets caught, I call it like it is.
    Page 4 I believe.

Nice effort though.......

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    I read the article. It cited Thomas and Dagen as possible justices that would be asked to recuse themselves.

As for Thomas' wife's income from heritage foundation, I'm not sure that there is anything in the Constitution where Chief Justices have to disclose even their outside income, much less their wife's. I am no Constitutional scholsr but I do believe that Congress cannot pass laws governing the Supreme Court. If you want to affect the Supreme court then you would have to change the Constitution. I could be wrong but suspect I am not. Furthermore, I noticed that you did not mention the problem with Kagen ruling on the issue.

After having READ the article, I also stated you could fine a possible conflict of interest with almost anybody concerning the healthcare issue.

fMy comments were concerning ALL the article, not just concerning Justice Thomas.
    This is a financial disclosure issue not something from the Constitution. Just as member of Congress are required by law to file financial disclosure statements the same holds true for Supreme Court justices. Do you not think that is true?
    If there is a conflict with Kagen then she has to go to. Same standard for everyone.