The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transgender's in the Military? That didn't take long!

Default Transgender's in the Military? That didn't take long!

I told you the gay rights lobby NEVER gives up. Keep chipping away one step at a time. Here is the next step. Maybe Chazz Bono wants to enlist after Dancing with the Stars...

After demise of ‘don’t ask,’ activists call for end to military ban on transgenders

By Rowan Scarborough

-The Washington Times

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

With homosexuals now able to serve openly in the military, the gay rights movement's next battleground is to persuade the Obama administration to end the armed forces' ban on "transgenders," a group that includes transsexuals and cross-dressers.

"Our position is that the military should re-examine the policy, the medical regulations, so as to allow open service for transgender people," said Vincent Paolo Villano, spokesman for the 6,000-member Center for Transgender Equality.

The Servicemembers Legal Defense Network (SLDN), which pushed to end the military's gay ban, is urging President Obama to sign an executive order prohibiting discrimination based on "gender identity."

It had wanted the order to happen on Sept. 20, the official date "don't ask, don't tell," as the gay ban was called, ended via repeal legislation signed by Mr. Obama.

SLDN's goal is contained on a Web page with the headline, "Working toward transgender military service." The page states that a decision to remove the ban must be made at the Pentagon. "Relationships between transgender organizations, medical associations, and military allies will be crucial for advancing this issue," it says.

"SLDN will continue to urge President Obama to issue an executive order to prohibit discrimination and harassment in the military based upon sexual orientation and gender identity, and we will work closely with our allies to educate and create greater awareness of this inequity," SLDN spokesman Zeke Stokes said.

"SLDN supports the revision of medical regulations to ensure that transgender Americans may serve."

SLDN has raised the possibility of filing lawsuits to attain its goals, which include housing and other benefits for the partners of gay military members.

A White House spokesman declined to provide Mr. Obama's position on transgenders in the military, referring a reporter to the Pentagon.

"Transgender and transsexual individuals are not permitted to join the military services," said Pentagon spokeswoman Eileen Lainez. "The repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell' will have no effect on these policies."

The SLDN says "transgender" is commonly identified as an umbrella term for "transsexuals, cross-dressers, gender-queer people, intersex people, and other gender-variant individuals."

Transgenders are not banned by law, but rather by a Defense Department instruction, "Medical Standards for Appointment, Enlistment or Induction in the Military Service."

It lists scores of medical conditions that make one ineligible, including: "Current or history of psychosexual conditions, including but not limited to transsexualism, exhibitionism, transvestism, voyeurism, and other paraphilias."

The instruction was last updated by the Obama administration. Clifford Stanley, undersecretary of defense for personnel and readiness, signed the new 52-page version in April 2010. If the administration did desire to lift the ban, it could have done it then, in theory.

SLDN has set up a website on Change.org for a petition asking Mr. Obama to issue a nondiscrimination order on transgenders.

In a letter to Mr. Obama, SLDN Director Aubrey Sarvis wrote: "We … call on you to show the leadership President Truman did when he issued an Executive Order banning racial discrimination in the armed services and to issue an Executive Order prohibiting discrimination in the armed services based on sexual orientation and gender identity to be effective on the date of repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

Rep. Duncan Hunter, California Republican and Marine Corps combat veteran, said: "At some point, the administration will need to decide where this ranks among the military's priorities. But it should send the message now that a line has been drawn, and it won't get caught up in these discussions. I hope the administration has enough sense to see this for the unneeded distraction it is."

Copyright 2011 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
    Last edited by huntinman; 09-30-2011 at 08:55 AM.
    Bill Davis

That's "progressivism" for you.
    They just keep taking, giving nothing back....ever.

Oddly, there will be several here defending the degradation of the US military as the progressives try desperately to turn it into a test tube for societal abberations.

Maybe it should be mandatory to be gay or a transgender to serve.
    Maybe that would please them??

Pathetic.......

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

From a practical standpoint, there are other medical conditions that will cause you to be released from the military. Know that something like kidney stones will do that. The concern is that if someone had a kidney stone episode at a critical time, it would incapacitate them & possibly endanger other lives.

If transgender individuals need to continue to take hormones, what happens if the hormones become unavailable in a combat zone? (or some other situation)
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    That's "progressivism" for you.
    They just keep taking, giving nothing back....ever.

Oddly, there will be several here defending the degradation of the US military as the progressives try desperately to turn it into a test tube for societal abberations.

Maybe it should be mandatory to be gay or a transgender to serve.
    Maybe that would please them??

Pathetic.......

RK
    Hey Stan, you ready for this....

....I agree with you! They are medically a liability to the service and have no business bringing down the service in this manner. When I was filling out paperwork to enlist I had to fill out a ton of paperwork and get all my medical records just because I broke my pinky 10 years earlier. This is a huge liability with the amount of medication and psychological issues this group of people have.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    From a practical standpoint, there are other medical conditions that will cause you to be released from the military. Know that something like kidney stones will do that. The concern is that if someone had a kidney stone episode at a critical time, it would incapacitate them & possibly endanger other lives.

If transgender individuals need to continue to take hormones, what happens if the hormones become unavailable in a combat zone? (or some other situation)
    Well In the world of only caring about the agenda, this is a non issue. Every service member is required to take a 30 day supply of any needed medication with them into theatre. Or we should make special arrangments to their meds to them ahead of food and drinkable water.

This whole thing is becoming a joke.

On a side note, I have around 20 Kidney stones and the docs never seemed concerned. But the pins and all that in my hip were a big deal, when they were the ones who put them there.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

On a side note, I have around 20 Kidney stones and the docs never seemed concerned..
    The experience with someone who was discharged for kidney stones goes back many years. Perhaps the policy has changed. Or different rules for OCS?

You did add more info about how meds are provided for.

Know too little about transgender individuals to know what type/kind of other medical or psychological issues might be associated with the condition.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Glavich View Post

This whole thing is becoming a joke.

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    The experience with someone who was discharged for kidney stones goes back many years. Perhaps the policy has changed. Or different rules for OCS?

You did add more info about how meds are provided for.

Know too little about transgender individuals to know what type/kind of other medical or psychological issues might be associated with the condition.
    What does happen when a "body" rejects a penis? Is it the same process as a heart transplant or liver transplant? These people have to be on medication to prevent the rejection of the new part.

I would think that anyone on medication would be rejected. Its different if you just dress up in woman's underwear than if you have guy parts you have to keep from falling off.

WRL

Bad, bad idea!!
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:

MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

Quote Originally Posted by WRL View Post
    What does happen when a "body" rejects a penis? .

WRL
    last time it happened to me I yelled back at her
    "but I was in the POOL!!"
    still hear her giggle, I can.

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin