The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Help identifying white pimple like sore on my dog's inside paw

Default Help identifying white pimple like sore on my dog's inside paw

Not sure what this is. It doesn't hurt him when he runs or walks. He chews on his foot a little bit but not a lot really. I think I noticed a similar one on his 'elbow' the other day but now I can't find it. not the greates pic, but it's a soft, elevated, white bump on the inside of his rear foot. Slight red color around the base.

anybody have any clues?? tia
    That's my boy "Blue"!!!! Flyin High in the Passenger Side x Katie May of Belgrade

Can you squeeze it? My old dog has them everywhere (if they are the same thing) they are like little pimples. Possibly sebacious cysts. They have white crap in them.
    Steph

Brittany - Border Collie/Springer Spaniel CGC
    Meka- Basset/Aussie
    Zoe's Taller N Me - Zoe Irish Wolfhound 9/04/2004 - 11/20/2013 I love you Big Girl!
    Ember Raise The Bar CGC - Corona (a fluffy)
    Embers Aint Misbehavin - Flirt (Corona's mini me)

A good friend helps you up when you fall. A best friend pees their pants laughing and trips you again!

i can squeeze it a little bit but then the dog tends to pull away(obviously). the top point is slightly hard but the entire thing is soft. do have any reason to be worried about these things? any ways to prevent them? i see a heating pad for a couple minutes a couple times a day will help. thanks
    That's my boy "Blue"!!!! Flyin High in the Passenger Side x Katie May of Belgrade

How old is your dog? Mine is 11 and he has these little things on his body my vet doesnt worry about them unless they are in a place that causes a problem. When he was younger he had white bumps break out she treated him for staph and they cleared up. Being on his foot I would have you vet look at it maybe she can remove it so it doesnt get bigger or cause him pain
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

It could be an interdigital cyst but go to your vet to diagnose it for sure. If it is they can blow up overnight with an infection and I treated with antibiotics. They can reoccur throughout the dogs life. I have a 13 yo that still gets them. According to a vet I just asked, they are terrible to get rid of and the only way is surgery. I wouldn't worry if it isn't bothering him but you will know when it does and he is limping. Let your vet decide what it is though, not the Internet.
    Nancy P

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

yeah i was just looking for some insight if I had to worry or not. he's 6.5 months old and has a vet appointment Tuesday to remove his *cough cough* balls. I'll inquire then but thanks for the reassurance. we played in the backyard yesterday and this morning and he's not limping or anything. just getting in my way and running off with lumps of dirt as i'm trying to fix my fence posts!!!!

I would make sure he sees his paw before surgery if it needs to be taken care of.
    Nancy P

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

It sounds like a wart. They can get them, virally, and they are pretty self limiting, go away on their own. If thats what it is. Have the doc look at it when he gets tutored this week
    HOME OF:
    Waterspook Sables Dark Secret, MH (Sable)
    Trumarcs Bankshot Bandit, MH ( Fats)
    Waterspook Tomfoolery, SH ( Tommie)
    IN MEMORY OF::
    Waterspook Bankshot Whiz Bang,JH (Jesse)
    Waterspooks Girl Named Bill, SH ( Billie- my princess.....)
    Waterspook Kickin' Gunshot, SH ( Boom)
    Waterspook Kickin' Good Time MH(Kick)
    Waterspooks Partner In Crime, SH ( Bouncer)
    Brush Creek Waterspook, JH, WC- my first girl.(Spooky)

First thought is to have your vet check his paw. Second thought is part of a sticker is in his paw. My pup had several bumps on her paws the vet squeezed on them and part of a sandbur popped out. Now I do it myself followed by antibiotic gel.