The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Did Holder lie to Congress?

Default Did Holder lie to Congress?

From CBS News no less.....

WASHINGTON - New documents obtained by CBS News show Attorney General Eric Holder was sent briefings on the controversial Fast and Furious operation as far back as July 2010. That directly contradicts his statement to Congress.
    On May 3, 2011, Holder told a Judiciary Committee hearing, "I'm not sure of the exact date, but I probably heard about Fast and Furious for the first time over the last few weeks."
    Yet internal Justice Department documents show that at least ten months before that hearing, Holder began receiving frequent memos discussing Fast and Furious.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_16...-10391695.html

Who else may have lied about this? Did it go higher than Holder?

From Sept 7:

"The notion that somehow or other this thing reaches into the upper levels of the Justice Department is something that. ... I don't think is supported by the facts," Holder told reporters at an unrelated press conference in Washington. "It's kind of something I think certain members of Congress would like to see, the notion that somehow or other high-level people in the department were involved. As I said, I don't think that is going to be shown to be the case -- which doesn't mean that the mistakes were not serious."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...t-and-furious/

Was this whole thing a gun control master plan when Obama told Brady:

On March 30, the 30th anniversary of the assassination attempt on President Ronald Reagan, Jim Brady, who sustained a debilitating head wound in the attack, and his wife, Sarah, came to Capitol Hill to push for a ban on the controversial "large magazines." Brady, for whom the law requiring background checks on handgun purchasers is named, then met with White House press secretary Jay Carney. During the meeting, President Obama dropped in and, according to Sarah Brady, brought up the issue of gun control, "to fill us in that it was very much on his agenda," she said.
    "I just want you to know that we are working on it," Brady recalled the president telling them. "We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar."

Is AG Eric Holder a part of the coverup?

Does a bear scat in the woods?
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

http://www.foxnews.com/interactive/p...t-and-furious/

Text of Holder's letter to Congress on the matter of Fast & Furious. If I understand this correctly, while he admits that the ATF methods were unacceptable, somehow this was caused by inadequate gun laws to stop the flow of guns across the border. We need better laws to help ATF.

If this is an accurate understanding on my part, it surely is a great spin job ... or at least an attempt at one.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Unfortunately, we have become a country governed by sleaze balls.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

They're all liars in this administration. From B. Milhous Obama to Vice President Bite-Me to Turbo 'Triple A Rated' Timmy and on down the line. We're doomed with this crew. Nothing but a bunch of stinking liars and $15 trillion in debt.

We live in Cuba now.

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Unfortunately, we have become a country governed by sleaze balls.
    Don't forget the idiots also. Of course some fit both those terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/interactive/p...t-and-furious/

Text of Holder's letter to Congress on the matter of Fast & Furious. If I understand this correctly, while he admits that the ATF methods were unacceptable, somehow this was caused by inadequate gun laws to stop the flow of guns across the border. We need better laws to help ATF.

If this is an accurate understanding on my part, it surely is a great spin job ... or at least an attempt at one.
    Sounds good if you say it real fast. Sadly for him, he committed it to writing. I saw a couple of things that could lead Congress into additional questions. I find it impossible to believe that when the "weekly reports" first mentioned "Operation Fast and Furious" that someone didn't say, "Huh. What's this?" Interestingly he threw his deputy under the bus on that one. That staff! Keeping things from him.

Eric

http://www.foxnews.com/interactive/p...ersight-panel/

Issa's reply to Holder.

Doesn't look like Issa is buying into Holder's spin. The short version: seems to accuse Holder of either gross incompetence or perjury.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.