The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Good trainers in Washington and Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by Mallard1 View Post
    Lots of great information here, everyone. Thanks so much. We are happy to hear also that the hunt-test circuit is so active in the Northwest.

Is there a calendar of those events posted other than we they are up on the AKC site?
    Entry express is where to look

And you can look at pros success at events. My advice Ho visit a few pros and look a t there grounds there kennel there help 'bird boys' and most important THERE SUCCESS.

Thanks for the information. Sean, sounds like you have a nice pup. How old is she;he?

I have heard many good things about Ryan and their operation. Do you do gun dogs and hunt test or will you with your new dog? Just wondering if there is a good circuit of tests here in WA.
    I do both gun dog, and hunt test training. I havent gotten my new pup yet she was just born.. Middle of November she will be ready to go.. I would say the last couple years there is probably a dozen tests in the Northwest from March to September.. You won't be disappointed if you decide to go with Ryan.
    Sean Bryan

Banned

We are happy to hear also that the hunt-test circuit is so active in the Northwest.
    Just here at our little Club in Chewelah WA (50 mi N of Spokane) we have had Spring and Fall HRC Tests, a NAHRA Spring Test, and an AKC Fall Test. At our training grounds, there have also been APLA and another AKC that were put on by other Clubs.

Our club's website is at www.newgdc.itgo.com/
    Our training grounds are at www.burlingtonranch.com/

Sounds like a great area for HT and Trials! Very excited.

I second RTF sponsor Dan Hosford. Great guy, great trainer, great with people...and training people to train their own dogs. His line of DVDs is very thorough and good (6-7 hours each for obedience and FF; broken down into segments and using green dogs) ... plus, you can come out and train with him, go home with "homework" and then come back a week or two later and continue to move forward with help.

He's in Spokane and has been at it for like 40 years.

I will 2nd the vote for Ryan and Longhollow Retrievers. I have a pup from him as well and she is coming along great. I had her with him for 3mths for the beginning of his training program and she came out exceeding my expectations. He is a great guy and will help you with anything you need along the way. Being that you are already in Central WA it would real easy follow your dogs progress and not to mention the chance to get your dog out in some great training situations on a consistent basis. I wish I lived closer.

Coug, from one Coug to another, Thanks! Very helpful information. Best of luck with your pup.

I second Andy Fontenot.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

Coug, from one Coug to another, Thanks! Very helpful information. Best of luck with your pup.
    Mallard it wouldn't let me respond to your PM due to my "New Guy" status here on the RTF so my response is below.

Go Cougs!!!! Yes very tough game, it's real tough being a Coug Fan sometimes.

I think going to Ryan is a great choice man, he knows his stuff. Yes I'm from WA I live in Lake Tapps on the Westside, I try and head over there as much as I can but the drive gets to be a bit much sometimes. Good luck with your pup and I'm sure we will run in to each other over at Ryan's at some point.

Mike Gilbert