The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Good trainers in Washington and Oregon

When do the hunt test start up again in the Northwest? (WA, OR)

Banned

Usually April (Whistling Wings HRC) http://www.whistlingwings.org/

For training there is also Autumn Retrievers with Tom and Katie Quarles in the Seattle area.

BHB
    Ahhhh, the smell of a bay dog... nothin finer!

One who lives this life without plans for eternity may appear to be wise for the moment but a fool forever.

Our lives are not made by the dreams we dream but by the choices we make.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the American
    Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American
    Indian." Henry Ford

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mallard1 View Post
    When do the hunt test start up again in the Northwest? (WA, OR)
    March.....Greater Pac NW Retriever has an AKC event.

Then White City has a double in April.

WRL

If you decide you might like to either train your retriever yourself or learn more so you can maintain your dog once it has been Pro trained, consider taking one of Mike Lardy's Retriever Training workshops. Our club is hosting two of Mike's workshops next year, just over the boarder from you in Aldergrove BC. We've arranged two back to back 4 day workshops; Basics June 21-24 and Advanced June 28-July 1st. I believe this is the first time this has been done, certainly the first in Canada and I believe too, first time Mike has conducted workshops on the West Coast (lower 49).

Registration opens in December from Mike's website. Or you can PM me for details.
    power without lumber, raciness without weediness

A big man never looks down on others.... instead, he is someone to look up to.

Default looking for trainer

I purchased a Sportdog 400S collar and am looking for a reputable trainer to help me train my dog on this collar. I live in Kirkland, WA near Seattle. I have not had any luck tapping into the hunting community since I don't hunt. I did call Cabella's to see if they knew of someone, but they were unable to help me. Would anyone know of a trainer in my area that would be willing to assist me in training my dog. He is a Redbone Coonhound/Plott Hound mix that I rescued at 6months of age. He had had no training when I got him and I have done my best to get him fairly well trained but need greater assistance in getting a 100% recall. I have had him now for 2 years.

Give a call to AUTUMN RETRIEVERS Tom Quarles and. Katie Seitz Quarles, DVM (360) 691-2650 12725 Jordan Road Arlington, WA 98223. Just 20 minutes from Everett
    Jeff Gruber
    working on pelts
    Duckponds Prize Package
    CK'S Contessa (avatar)
    Ice Chilled Juice

Thank you labsforme!

Autumn Retrievers, Tom and Katie Quarles Arlington WA. (360) 691-2650. Highly recommend these hard working folks as excellent trainers who will help you identify your goals, and will constantly evaluate your dogs potential to reach them.
    “Don't raise your voice, improve your argument" Desmond Tutu

Quote Originally Posted by ann11233 View Post
    I purchased a Sportdog 400S collar and am looking for a reputable trainer to help me train my dog on this collar. I live in Kirkland, WA near Seattle. I have not had any luck tapping into the hunting community since I don't hunt. I did call Cabella's to see if they knew of someone, but they were unable to help me. Would anyone know of a trainer in my area that would be willing to assist me in training my dog. He is a Redbone Coonhound/Plott Hound mix that I rescued at 6months of age. He had had no training when I got him and I have done my best to get him fairly well trained but need greater assistance in getting a 100% recall. I have had him now for 2 years.
    Hi Ann, I recommend you start your own thread to ask for help. I feel for you, trying to find a trainer. Most likely the folks who have responded are responding to the OP and did not notice that the thread is old, and that you are looking for help training a hound.

I got nothing, except I have met the Quarles and they seem fine.
    Renee P