The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Who's on First???

Default Who's on First???

Obama Campaign Says GOP Blocking Jobs Bill--After Reid Blocks Jobs Bill
    4:17 PM, Oct 4, 2011 • By MICHAEL

The Obama campaign sent out an email today asking supporters to urge Congress to at least vote on the president’s jobs bill almost immediately after Democratic majority leader Harry Reid blocked a vote on the bill in the Senate.

On the Senate floor today, Republican leader Mitch McConnell asked for unanimous consent to proceed on voting on the bill. Reid, who has struggled to find enough votes for the bill in the Democratic caucus, objected to the motion and killed the opportunity for a vote.

About ten minutes later, Jim Messina, Obama’s 2012 campaign manager, emailed this message to supporters:

President Obama is in Dallas today urging Americans who support the American Jobs Act to demand that Congress pass it already.

Though it's been nearly a month since he laid out this plan, House Republicans haven't acted to pass it. And House Majority Leader Eric Cantor is out there actually bragging that they won't even put the jobs package up for a vote -- ever.

It's not clear which part of the bill they now object to: building roads, hiring teachers, getting veterans back to work. They're willing to block the American Jobs Act -- and they think you won't do anything about it.

But here's something you can do: Find Republican members of Congress on Twitter, call them out, and demand they pass this bill.

So will the Obama campaign be asking its supporters to "call out" Harry Reid and "demand" he and Senate Democrats pass the bill?
    __________________________________________________ _

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

The WH is saying the Rs haven't told the administration what they object to in the bill. The Rs say that they have done so.

I can't say that I have seen the Rs objection list.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

and now BHO called out Majority Whip Eric Cantor as one of those responsible for not acting on the bill...BHO is in full campaign mode need a Darth Vader out there to stir up the base and demonize the Repubs as if they are the cause of ALL that is wrong ...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    The WH is saying the Rs haven't told the administration what they object to in the bill. The Rs say that they have done so.

I can't say that I have seen the Rs objection list.
    The entire POS bill.
    Bill Davis

I believe the American people know what "O" is doing and the "Jig" is up on this Stimlas as seen in the latest polls. Actually looks like we have Don Knots in the oval office.

General Election: Romney vs. ObamaABC News/Wash PostRomney 48, Obama 46Romney +2General Election: Perry vs. ObamaABC News/Wash PostObama 49, Perry 46Obama +3General Election: Christie vs. ObamaABC News/Wash PostChristie 45, Obama 45TieGeneral Election: Christie vs. ObamaQuinnipiacChristie 45, Obama 42Christie +3President Obama vs. Republican CandidateRasmussen ReportsRepublican 47, Obama 41Republican +6Generic Congressional VoteRasmussen ReportsRepublicans 44, Democrats 38Republicans +6
    General Election: Romney vs. ObamaABC News/Wash PostRomney 48, Obama 46Romney +2General Election: Perry vs. ObamaABC News/Wash PostObama 49, Perry 46Obama +3General Election: Christie vs. ObamaABC News/Wash PostChristie 45, Obama 45TieGeneral Election: Christie vs. ObamaQuinnipiacChristie 45, Obama 42Christie +3President Obama vs. Republican CandidateRasmussen ReportsRepublican 47, Obama 41Republican +6Generic Congressional VoteRasmussen ReportsRepublicans 44, Democrats 38Republicans +6
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts