The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Occupy Wall Street - List of Demands

Lets don't forget that it was the Republicans who are in the pockets of the big bankers that authored the laws that allowed Wall St to legally steal from the American people!

It is not about Progessives vs Extreme Right but corruption vs the tax payer. Both parties are dirty and to single out one is ignoring the facts.

I've cut and pasted this from a post I made a while back on RTF...

Clinton signed into law the repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act, which deregulated much of the financial industry, that Republicans, and in particular Senate Banking Committee Chairman Phil Gramm and Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan, were the main proponents of deregulation. Republicans were the authors of that Act and the 2000 Commodity Futures Modernization Act that exempted over-the-counter derivatives like credit-default swaps from regulation by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission. Credit-default swaps took down AIG. So laying all the blame solely on Democrats is really not fair or accurate.
    Last edited by Franco; 10-06-2011 at 02:53 PM.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Enlighten us, who is the "voice of occupy Wall St???"

Tell us what it is they want??

Standing by.........

RK
    Don't know who the voice is, not really concerned. What they want? Not sure.
    Is there a problem with peaceful demonstrations? Your guy Cain called them Unamerican.

I watched some interviews with the protestors on TV, and they seemed not to know what they wanted.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I think they are awesome! Watching interviews with them is hilarious and very entertaining. Although reading the comments they post on the website is a bit more disturbing when you stop to realize that these are products of our educational system and they know nothing at all about economics or history. It's scary to think of how ignorant our fellow citizens are. That's why we are so easy to manipulate by both parties and the misinformation machines that they employ. We are ignorant, uninformed voters electing idiots and rogues.
    But to paraphrase Churchill, we have the worst form of government and worst economic system in the world. Except for all the other ones.
    Matt McKenzie

It takes as long as it takes. Sometimes longer.

"It is better to own a $50,000 dog and have an old truck and crummy equipment than to own $50,000 worth of new equipment and a crummy dog..." EdA

Quote Originally Posted by Hookset View Post
    I think they are awesome! Watching interviews with them is hilarious and very entertaining. Although reading the comments they post on the website is a bit more disturbing when you stop to realize that these are products of our educational system and they know nothing at all about economics or history. It's scary to think of how ignorant our fellow citizens are. That's why we are so easy to manipulate by both parties and the misinformation machines that they employ. We are ignorant, uninformed voters electing idiots and rogues.
    But to paraphrase Churchill, we have the worst form of government and worst economic system in the world. Except for all the other ones.
    It is darn near as funny as watching interviews with folks who voted for Obama!!!!

Oh.....wait, these are the people who voted for Obama!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    Don't know who the voice is, not really concerned. What they want? Not sure.
    Is there a problem with peaceful demonstrations? Your guy Cain called them Unamerican.
    So all demonstrations are OK????

I mean...........unless of course they are "tea party" demonstrations???

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    It is darn near as funny as watching interviews with folks who voted for Obama!!!!

Oh.....wait, these are the people who voted for Obama!

RK
    They make me think of the Leno "street interviews" where the people interviewed don't have a clue about the subject. Funny but also disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    You make it sound that this guy is the voice of Occupy Wall St. Not true. This guy is out there even most of the comments say that.

Here is the first paragraph of that article.

Admin note: This is not an official list of demands. This is a forum post submitted by a single user and hyped by irresponsible news/commentary agencies like Fox News and Mises.org. This content was not published by the OccupyWallSt.org collective, nor was it ever proposed or agreed to on a consensus basis with the NYC General Assembly. There is NO official list of demands.
    Italics mine.
    Gosh, I thought all those demands were just good old independent middle of the road issues. Aren't those demands about SHARING THE WEALTH??? Doesn't that sound familiar???? And HOW ABOUT ALL THOSE GREEN JOBS THAT WILL BE CREATED!!!! Haven't we heard that before???

None of this stuff about creating your own wealth, and God forbid talking about pulling the wagon. EVERYBODY GETS TO RIDE IN THE WAGON!!! Surely someone will pull it

Where have I heard all this?? Oh yes, spread the wealth around. Create GREEN jobs. GUESS WHO............

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    These demands are downright scarry!

The only thing they have right is that Wall St is crooked. Aided and abetted by incompetant politicians who allow international bankers to write our financial laws and artificially control the American currency.

Take the Federal Reserve, in a recent audit of tha past two years they had the Treasury print 15 TRILLION dollars. 10 trillion for thier friends and 5 TRILLION for thier friends at foreign banks. They stole the money legally, then had thier friends in government bail them out. Got a slap on the wrist and the wealthy criminals walked with no prosecutions. They should have been allowed to fail and if anyone should have been bailed out, it should have been the American tax payer!

Yet, the brain dead extreme right wants to blame the mush brained Liberals and the mush brained Liberals want to blame the brain dead extreme right!
    Dang Franco : you and I may have more in common than I thought...IMHO former SEC chairman Chris Cox should have been marched in front of a senate investigation committee..( and he is from my old neighborhood in SoCal), why his scalp isnt on a sharp stick is beyond me...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Dang Franco : you and I may have more in common than I thought...IMHO former SEC chairman Chris Cox should have been marched in front of a senate investigation committee..( and he is from my old neighborhood in SoCal), why his scalp isnt on a sharp stick is beyond me...
    Well, he was Bush's boy and that was only an 11 BILLION scandel and still climbing today. And, how in the hell did they let Raines and Howard walk with over 100 million in bonuses, no prosecution including the thieves at Goldman Sachs that pushed it! They all must be untouchable. Too big to prosecute!
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org