The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Occupy Wall Street - List of Demands

I am still trying to figure out why we are not supposed to allow foreign (cheap) products in, but we are supposed to allow foreign workers in??????

Also if those foreign workers are entitled to a "living wage" regardless of employment, exactly what incentive is there to get a job when they get here? Right on that they would not be able to fill all the jobs, no one would want to work if a 20 dollar per hour income was to be had employed or not. Do I get Over time on that if I stay up late watching the playoffs, or do I have to rot my brain playing video games to earn overtime?
    Fritz Baier
    owned, trained and handled by:

GMHRCH-II MPR Baier's Mighty Waldimar
    MHR CPR Baier's Lady Gabrielle
    3XGMPR MHR Baier's Lady Legacy of Tru Point SH

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Well, he was Barney's boy and that was only an 11 BILLION scandel and still climbing today. And, how in the hell did they let Raines and Howard walk with over 100 million in bonuses, no prosecution including the thieves at Goldman Sachs that pushed it! They all must be untouchable. Too big to prosecute!
    Fixed it for you
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    Don't know who the voice is, not really concerned. What they want? Not sure.
    Is there a problem with peaceful demonstrations? Your guy Cain called them Unamerican.
    Nothing wrong with peaceful demonstrations but I'm guessing we are just a few days or weeks away from violent demonstrations. The left will state they were driven to violence.
    John Abramson

Retriever Supply
    www.retrieversupply.com

American Retriever
    www.americanretriever.com

Code 3 retrievers
    www.code3retrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    You make it sound that this guy is the voice of Occupy Wall St. Not true. This guy is out there even most of the comments say that.

Here is the first paragraph of that article.

Admin note: This is not an official list of demands. This is a forum post submitted by a single user and hyped by irresponsible news/commentary agencies like Fox News and Mises.org. This content was not published by the OccupyWallSt.org collective, nor was it ever proposed or agreed to on a consensus basis with the NYC General Assembly. There is NO official list of demands.
    Italics mine.
    if the tactic is used by the left when refering to the tea party, I expect it is apt for the wall street radical.

BTW, it appears the behaviour of the tea party rally goers is significantly better than the left wing wall street attendees

http://www.breitbart.tv/defecate-wal...e-on-nypd-car/
    Last edited by subroc; 10-08-2011 at 12:55 PM.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    if the tactic is used by the left when refering to the tea party, I expect it is apt for the wall street radical.

BTW, it appears the behaviour of the tea party rally goers is significantly better than the left wing wall street attendees

http://www.breitbart.tv/defecate-wal...e-on-nypd-car/
    Funny thing is... the "anti-corporate" cop car pooper is wearing Nike shoes. Nike is a real bastion for anti corporatism, huh?
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    ...HOW ABOUT ALL THOSE GREEN JOBS THAT WILL BE CREATED!!!! Haven't we heard that before???

...Create GREEN jobs. GUESS WHO............
    "create green jobs" is a euphemism for a way to loot the treasury.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

There is always more!!

Here is some more;

Occupy Wall Street: Egyptian Activist Goes 'From Liberation Square To Washington Square'
    First Posted: 10/8/11 07:29 PM ET Updated: 10/8/11 08:27 PM ET
    Thousands of Occupy Wall Street supporters gathered in Washington Square Park on Saturday afternoon for a General Assembly intended to spread the movement's message. After several introductory speakers, the crowd lit up when an Egyptian activist named Mohammed Ezzeldin explained what he saw was the connection between Occupy Wall Street and the protests against Hosni Mubarak.

"I am coming from there -- from the Arab Spring. From the Arab Spring to the fall of Wall Street," Ezzeldin said, his voice echoed by the crowd of thousands. "From Liberation Square to Washington Square, to the fall of Wall Street and market domination, and capitalist domination."

His passionate speech, which even included a reference to Karl Marx, made a startling comparison between what happened in Egypt earlier this year and what is now happening in the United States.

"Many things separate us," he said. "National borders. Homeland insecurities. Armies, corporations and police. They have their laws. They have their debts. And we have our revolution. We are the 99 percent."

Ezzeldin, a 28-year-old self-described "leftist activist" who is currently living in Jackson Heights and studying at the City University of New York's Graduate Center, told HuffPost he was camped out in Tahrir Square just a few months ago and is now spending days in Zuccotti Park.

"There are some differences," he said, but he believes "any success for the struggle in the United States is helpful for the rest of the world."

Ezzeldin argued that making the protests more confrontational and bringing in labor unions will be critical for the success of the movement in the United States.

"There is an illusion about freedom -- about freedom of speech and freedom of organization in this country," he observed, pointing to New York's laws against tents and megaphones. "What I thought the image exported to the rest of the world... Well, it's not completely false but there are many obstacles."

As for the NYPD's response to demonstrations so far, Ezzeldin was philosophical. "Police is the police, in Egypt, in the United States. Police is the police. There is no good cops and bad cops, they are all cops," he said.
    __________________________________________________ __

The plot thickens, pay attention folks!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    I watched some interviews with the protestors on TV, and they seemed not to know what they wanted.
    I never got a "call" from the AFL-CIO until a few days ago on my caller ID. I'm sure they are paying people to demonstate. It's all about bodies.
    Nancy P

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

Quote Originally Posted by ErinsEdge View Post
    I never got a "call" from the AFL-CIO until a few days ago on my caller ID. I'm sure they are paying people to demonstate. It's all about bodies.
    I also got a call from my union Culinary # 226 (division of SEIU) and they wanted me to join in the protest in front of the NY NY Hotel...they werent offering pay , but they went into the whole solidarity diatribe, the us vs them spiel...the local media coverage was way overblown because I drove by to see how many were out there and it was FAR BELOW those being reported by our local news programs..but you are right its all about having bodies out there..the local union seems to always have busses at their disposal to take willing participants to the next rally
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Little View Post
    Read; Soros,Andy Stern,Obammer,ect.
    You guys were for unlimited fund raising. Now you don't like them apples???
    Sarge

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!