The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How about we show some respect for the Office of the President

Default How about we show some respect for the Office of the President

I love this board. There are a lot of great/funny threads. I also understand that most are more on the far right side of things where I am more center right. I am not a support of Obama let me be clear. However he is our President and I think that deserves some level of respect. For the office and acknowledge that for these 4 years he was the choice of the majority of Americans.

We can attack his policies and approaches and respectfully say we are going to do everything in our power to see that he won't serve a second term but calling him a jackass....ect.. I think crosses the line. Don't you guys talk about getting back to traditional values. What more important value is there then respect, and no respect is not earn. Particularly as faithful people. We should be respectful of everyone around us, particular our democratically elected leaders whether we like them or not. Should we be the better people.

Respect has to be earned...

Aretha Franklin regards,
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by Nate_C View Post
    I love this board. There are a lot of great/funny threads. I also understand that most are more on the far right side of things where I am more center right. I am not a support of Obama let me be clear. However he is our President and I think that deserves some level of respect. For the office and acknowledge that for these 4 years he was the choice of the majority of Americans.

We can attack his policies and approaches and respectfully say we are going to do everything in our power to see that he won't serve a second term but calling him a jackass....ect.. I think crosses the line. Don't you guys talk about getting back to traditional values. What more important value is there then respect, and no respect is not earn. Particularly as faithful people. We should be respectful of everyone around us, particular our democratically elected leaders whether we like them or not. Should we be the better people.

I would have a lot more respect for the current group of class room experts if they could show just a little respect for the Constitutiuon and the Bill of Rights!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Nate ...let me put this in the most polite respectful way I can...

I have a lot of respect for the office and the Presidency...but DON"t you dare ask me to like it, especially when I didn't vote for the man, I have no respect for his arrogance and his constant demonizing of big business,oil companies,banks,people making over 250k/year, all trying to infuriate the lower and middle classes...its disingenuous its class warfare..

I dont make fun of his name,I don't make fun of his wife,I don't make fun of his kids..but DON'T ask me to stand idly by while the country I love and my dad and others fought hard to preserve is systematically broken by the likes of BHO and his administration...

Also don't forget that we live in a country that is free to voice one's opinion,whether that is a dissenting one or not...I may not like Westboro Church and their vile hatred, but they have the legal right to spew their venom...just like we have the right (as long as we are within the rules of the RTF) to voice a dissenting and in your opinion as disrespectful tone...

respectfully submitted

Bon Mallari
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Hard to respect a man who doesn't respect his own country that allowed the freedom for him to become to President.

Nate, I agree with you wholeheartedly. That is the primary reason I do not participate in this forum. I am not afraid of the ultra rights and their senseless cliche spouting. I do detest the crudeness and bigotry expressed and do not care to interact with that mentality. I wish I could join in some discussions here, but not with the current climate.
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    Nate, I agree with you wholeheartedly. That is the primary reason I do not participate in this forum. I am not afraid of the ultra rights and their senseless cliche spouting. I do detest the crudeness and bigotry expressed and do not care to interact with that mentality. I wish I could join in some discussions here, but not with the current climate.
    Who got booted and who did not????

Did the left have respect for the office of the presidency when Former President George W. Bush occupied it?

I understand the hypocritical double standard.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I....... However he is our President and I think that deserves some level of respect. For the office and acknowledge that for these 4 years he was the choice of the majority of Americans.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    Exactly what has he done to earn anyone's respect? Name one thing.

That's not name calling. That's calling 'em like I see 'em.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Uuummmm......well........it is good to be able to express opinions freely but this is the good old USA and someone else is free to express their opinions also and they may just differ from mine or yours. Some people are going to express those opinions in a crude way.........their right you know. We can always ignore those posters. Personally I hear this kind of talk a lot of places not just on this forum. If we don't talk with one another about what is wrong how will we be able to fix it without talking about it.........what is right and what is wrong. I do not express myself very well but I will talk about our elected people ( both bad and good ). I had an uncle whoes every other word was a swear word but he was a very good person. No one ever wondered how he felt about an issue. He was not raised by parents who ever swore except that Gramdpa might say " dad-gummit" every once in a while. The uncle worked in the oil fields and picked up the way he began to talk as an adult. Same with most of our young people today who attend public schools.