The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How about we show some respect for the Office of the President

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Did the left have respect for the office of the presidency when Former President George W. Bush occupied it?

I understand the hypocritical double standard.
    Exactly......

Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    Nate, I agree with you wholeheartedly. That is the primary reason I do not participate in this forum. I am not afraid of the ultra rights and their senseless cliche spouting. I do detest the crudeness and bigotry expressed and do not care to interact with that mentality. I wish I could join in some discussions here, but not with the current climate.
    Welcome 2Tall, you have joined in with your comments above. You are free to make them. I wonder what your opinion is/was of the Tea Party events that took place over the last several years? Now... I wonder what you think of the Occupy Wall Street crowd? Can you give an honest assessment of those two groups? We know that the current occupant of the WH does not think highly of one of those groups and has recently expressed his "shared frustration" with the other...
    Bill Davis

Nate, I agree with you wholeheartedly. That is the primary reason I do not participate in this forum. I am not afraid of the ultra rights and their senseless cliche spouting. I do detest the crudeness and bigotry expressed and do not care to interact with that mentality. I wish I could join in some discussions here, but not with the current climate.
    I wonder if you are sufficiently intelligent to recognize that you left yourself wide open with your willingness to call others names. FYI, I know many of those on this forum personally & they are decent folks who would fit in quite well in flyover country. There are NO ultra rights participating here , though from your place in the spectrum that might appear so.

As for your participation - it helps if you know something before coming here .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Marvin, I am not sufficiently intelligent enough to participate here. That is clear to me because you once gave me a kind complement until you found out I was on the wrong side of your agenda. I am not left, I am not right, I am anarchy.
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Nate ...let me put this in the most polite respectful way I can...

I have a lot of respect for the office and the Presidency...but DON"t you dare ask me to like it, especially when I didn't vote for the man, I have no respect for his arrogance and his constant demonizing of big business,oil companies,banks,people making over 250k/year, all trying to infuriate the lower and middle classes...its disingenuous its class warfare..

I dont make fun of his name,I don't make fun of his wife,I don't make fun of his kids..but DON'T ask me to stand idly by while the country I love and my dad and others fought hard to preserve is systematically broken by the likes of BHO and his administration...

Also don't forget that we live in a country that is free to voice one's opinion,whether that is a dissenting one or not...I may not like Westboro Church and their vile hatred, but they have the legal right to spew their venom...just like we have the right (as long as we are within the rules of the RTF) to voice a dissenting and in your opinion as disrespectful tone...

respectfully submitted

Bon Mallari

yes you have the right. That wasn't my point, its should you. Call him out on everything, say he is wrong. Say he is manipulating the system to push his agenda...ect..... What I am talking about is the name calling, an demeaning comments said as jokes.

Marvin, I am not sufficiently intelligent enough to participate here. That is clear to me because you once gave me a kind complement until you found out I was on the wrong side of your agenda. I am not left, I am not right, I am anarchy.
    Carol : just like on the RTF you don't need intelligence,you dont need experience, you just need conviction....fortunately here on POTUS its different from the main board...here we argue the message, not attack the messenger...its just the opposite on the main forum...unfortunately I happen to be a prime example of that happening...there are those that choose to attack and criticize many of my posts...little do they realize that many of my bits of advice come directly from accomplished proven FT'ers that have titled dogs,run Nationals,and even won a couple of them..But some seem to have a problem with me not the message (some have a problem with that too)

dont be intimidated to come out here on POTUS,if you truly believe in what you are posting (conviction), then it really doesnt matter, what others think..I may not agree politically with most on here, but I do respect their right (within Chris A rules) and respect their position and conviction, and all I ask in return is that they give me the same consideration that I give them..

You said you are neither left or right but anarchy....there is tolerance of anarchy as long as its goal and purpose are for the betterment of the status quo...being an anarchist just to rock the boat and stir stuff up does little and eventually exposes the anarchist to ridicule and exclusion from serios discussion
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I agree with you about the respect. I do respect the President. It's un-American to not have respect for the President.

Let's not forget (can you imagine the uproar if somebody parodied Barrack Hussein Obama in a monkey suit?)

John Kerry (and yes...he does thrust himself in to the limelight and is opinion does carry more weight than some of the loonies out there....he should know better.

Maher: You could have went to New Hampshire and killed two birds with one stone.

Kerry: Or, I could have gone to 1600 Pennsylvania and killed the real bird with one stone.

This aired on CBS!!!!!!

On August 4, 2000, when Bush won the Republican nomination (but before he was president), Craig Kilborn on CBS’s The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn ran a graphic of the words “SNIPERS WANTED” under George Bush as he gave his acceptance speech.

12,000 people in San Francisco signed a petition in support of a proposition on a local ballot to rename an Oceanside sewage plant after George W. Bush.

"Bush is an incompetent leader. In fact, he's not a leader. He's a person who has no judgment, no experience and no knowledge of the subjects that he has to decide upon." Nancy Pelosi
    Stray labs make great pets.
    Proud member of the FF society.

If you want good leaders for the country, then everyone has to dial back the vitriol. The hypercritical remarks make it unpalatable for anyone of substance to run for POTUS or any other office. Keep it up and we will be governed by scoundrels more than we are already.

Better yet, those of you that like to be hyper critical on these pages, if you're so smart, run yourself and see how you like the crap that flies your way. After all, you have a better idea, right?
    Last edited by zeus3925; 10-09-2011 at 02:02 PM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    If you want good leaders for the country, then everyone has to dial back the vitriol. The hypercritical remarks make it unpalatable for anyone of substance to run for POTUS or any other office. Keep it up and we will be governed by scoundrels more than we are already.
    Better yet, those, that like to be hyper critical on these pages, if you're so smart, run yourself and see hoe you likethe crap that flies your way. After all you have a better idea, right?
    On this we agree.
    Why would any decent, honorable, self respecting person subject themselves to this garbage??

And I don't think I am any smarter than Obama, but much more experienced.

stan b
    Last edited by road kill; 10-09-2011 at 05:14 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Welcome 2Tall, you have joined in with your comments above. You are free to make them. I wonder what your opinion is/was of the Tea Party events that took place over the last several years? Now... I wonder what you think of the Occupy Wall Street crowd? Can you give an honest assessment of those two groups? We know that the current occupant of the WH does not think highly of one of those groups and has recently expressed his "shared frustration" with the other...
    Bill - She has proven she can dish it out but won't take it, though I'd buy a book of her BS about dogs & travel for the entertainment value, she has a way with words. Danny Westneat had a really neat article in the Times about the Occupy WS crowd. After interviewing several of them, realized they didn't know the reason for the protest - anarchists . Some 19YO Dimbulb from SF came all the way to Seattle to protest what

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!