The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How about we show some respect for the Office of the President

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Bill - She has proven she can dish it out but won't take it, though I'd buy a book of her BS about dogs & travel for the entertainment value, she has a way with words. Danny Westneat had a really neat article in the Times about the Occupy WS crowd. After interviewing several of them, realized they didn't know the reason for the protest - anarchists . Some 19YO Dimbulb from SF came all the way to Seattle to protest what
    I remember the anarchists that showed up in Seattle in 2001 (I think) & trashed downtown during the WTO meetings. Many of them were dressed like turtles and frogs and were hanging from the sides of the buildings downtown. When they got violent the police responeded... yet the idiot courts sided with the anarchists when they claimed "police brutality". They had nothing constructive to offer but did trash many businesses and public places and left the mess for others to clean up.
    Bill Davis

When I say anarchy, I mean the current system has to end. It is obvious that it is not working. As long as corporate funds elect the leaders and guide federal policy, we do not have a democracy. Voting for a dem or a rep makes no difference. They are still hand picked, hand fed and nothing changes or improves. I think both the tea partiers and the wall street guys are pissing into the wind. We have to change as a country, and as good citizens. The time has come to reject politics as usual and take the government of ourselves out of the hands of the biggest checks. That is my story and I am sticking to it. If you feel that I have insulted or called names, maybe it is only because you are sensitive in that area. I have not done that, re read my post.
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

We DO NOT live in a Democracy, but a REPUBLIC.....And voting does make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    I remember the anarchists that showed up in Seattle in 2001 (I think) & trashed downtown during the WTO meetings. Many of them were dressed like turtles and frogs and were hanging from the sides of the buildings downtown. When they got violent the police responeded... yet the idiot courts sided with the anarchists when they claimed "police brutality". They had nothing constructive to offer but did trash many businesses and public places and left the mess for others to clean up.
    I remember that, too.

I always chuckle when the anarchists coordinate their efforts in an organized manner.
    Stray labs make great pets.
    Proud member of the FF society.

Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    When I say anarchy, I mean the current system has to end. It is obvious that it is not working. As long as corporate funds elect the leaders and guide federal policy, we do not have a democracy. Voting for a dem or a rep makes no difference. They are still hand picked, hand fed and nothing changes or improves. I think both the tea partiers and the wall street guys are pissing into the wind. We have to change as a country, and as good citizens. The time has come to reject politics as usual and take the government of ourselves out of the hands of the biggest checks. That is my story and I am sticking to it. If you feel that I have insulted or called names, maybe it is only because you are sensitive in that area. I have not done that, re read my post.
    No doubt the culture in DC needs to change drastically. There is one candidate capable of doing so. A candidates that has been warning against the road our Federal leadership has taken us down for decades!

What we really have is a failure of the electorate for either supporting nanny state union hugging leftist or the the Religious Right supporting the brain dead extreme right.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    No doubt the culture in DC needs to change drastically. There is one candidate capable of doing so. A candidates that has been warning against the road our Federal leadership has taken us down for decades!

What we really have is a failure of the electorate for either supporting nanny state union hugging leftist or the the Religious Right supporting the brain dead extreme right.
    Yes Franco, this is exactly what I was trying to say, yet did not do so as succinctly as you did. Now of course comes the question, how to we as a concerned and involved citizenry, repair the holes? I know the answer is not violence, but it is also not slinging names like liberal or conservative to describe what we see as the enemy. Somehow we need to walk away from the jargon and emotionally charged language, and work together to fix the broken parts.
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    Yes Franco, this is exactly what I was trying to say, yet did not do so as succinctly as you did. Now of course comes the question, how to we as a concerned and involved citizenry, repair the holes? I know the answer is not violence, but it is also not slinging names like liberal or conservative to describe what we see as the enemy. Somehow we need to walk away from the jargon and emotionally charged language, and work together to fix the broken parts.
    quit voting the same incumbents into Congress...its our collective fault...we put some of these idiots in office..either because we put some other idiot in office and now suffer the backlash of another anti idiot candidate...unfortunately we didnt get here overnight or thru one election and we wont change it after the next election, but its a good start
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    quit voting the same incumbents into Congress...its our collective fault...we put some of these idiots in office..either because we put some other idiot in office and now suffer the backlash of another anti idiot candidate...unfortunately we didnt get here overnight or thru one election and we wont change it after the next election, but its a good start
    WE can change it.
    Look what we have done here in WI!!!

Governor Walker
    Senator Ron Johnson

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I heard this recently and thought it had some merit.

Everybody hates Congress, but likes their Congressman.

Wonder what might happen if the local Congressmen started their spending cuts with his own state's projects? I'm sure some have done some of that, but I can't help but wonder what the folks back home might think ("go up there and cut the spending...just make sure none of our projects back home get the axe")
    Stray labs make great pets.
    Proud member of the FF society.

BTW----How do I respect a guy that HATES me!!??!!??

RK
    Stan b & Elvis