RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Hawx electronics for bumper boys

11K views 49 replies 21 participants last post by  Jason Glavich 
#1 ·
How does everyone like the upgraded hawx electronics on the bumper boys? Looking at purchasing a couple and trying to decide on electronics.

#6 ·
I was just going to pre-order the electronics, I know people have been waiting a LONG time for them, but my bumperboy batteries are just about shot so I thought I would do the pre-order even if it takes another 6 months to get here. It said they wouldn't bill me till later anyways so I thought why not, that was until I saw there shipping charges, can't imagine why it would cost FED EX $39 when the USPS will do it for $12.

#17 ·
Can I ask when you ordered yours? Did you order them a while ago or recently?? How do you like the new electronics?

#23 ·
Now I am really hacked off. BB said all along that they would ship pre-orders first, in the order they were received. Now it seems that those of us who ordered upgrades back at the beginning of the year are being stiffed as they send out units with new electronics to those who ordered entirely new BBs. I got an email from Gary about this and he said that they are just releasing them in small quantities to the public. Not the upgrading public, apparently.

#27 ·
I called bumper boy and talked to someone about ordering 3 8 shooters on Monday. Guy said he would call me back with better price after talking to the big boss. Glad I didn't hold my breath. If they have customer service like this, I can't see how they have stayed in business this long. Thank goodness there is another company selling multiple launch systems. Thunder equipment has some pretty good customer service so far and someone always answers the phone or calls back in a timely manner.

#29 ·
Hello everyone,

My apologies for not reporting earlier, I'm sure a lot of you have questions, but it has been quite hectic. I do try to make sure I give everyone the best information possible, and want to assure everyone on a few things.

First and foremost, the new Hawx electronics have just started their first round of shipping. For people that have ordered the earliest, this is happening. We have also shipped a couple of units for people, new, with the electronics. The reason being, we do not have the massive quantity ready yet, as there are well overt 800 separate orders for the upgrade. Until I have the signed TPS report from the engineers regarding the high volume release date, I unfortunately cannot promise a date. We are anxiously awaiting the day we can get these out to you in a huge quantity, but unfortunately I myself do not have that date.

People who ordered the upgrade first will be starting to see these units go out. I can assure that. I understand your patience, and it does not go un-noticed. I believe that this community is very aware of everything, and you guys have helped me a lot throughout this. I want to thank all of you for being very on your toes, and keeping up to date. It's assuring to know that there is a community like this where I can learn, and hopefully continue to learn so that we can provide you guys with better customer service in the near and far off future.

I hope that with you guys seeing the new electronics in their first shipment here that it will rest heads easier knowing that they are starting, very slowly, to go out. For anyone that is having an issue with theirs, please contact me directly. I will be trying to get a hold of everyone to make sure we have all your correct information.

If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to express them, as I take all matters on this subject in, so that I, as well as we as a company can learn and grow and provide you guys with better service.

Regards, and I hope everyone here does have a great weekend.

Gary

#30 ·
So are you actually meaning a TPS report as in an IEEE 829? Or do you mean the office space meaning of random paperwork? Just wondering beacuse one refers to Testing.

Just curious as well about the first orders being sent out for new units before the people who ordered first?

Also are people who got quoted the old shipping rpice going to have to pay the new shipping price that some have quoted?

#42 ·
Hello everyone,

.....People who ordered the upgrade first will be starting to see these units go out. I can assure that. I understand your patience, and it does not go un-noticed. I believe that this community is very aware of everything, and you guys have helped me a lot throughout this. I want to thank all of you for being very on your toes, and keeping up to date. It's assuring to know that there is a community like this where I can learn, and hopefully continue to learn so that we can provide you guys with better customer service in the near and far off future. ......

Regards, and I hope everyone here does have a great weekend.

Gary
The humility here is killing me. If you are looking for things to learn, then "learn" to keep your promises. If you have changed your mind, and decided it's better for Bumper Boy's interests to sell new units with new electronics before shipping pre-orders of new electronics, then just say so. You have our email addresses and you have this forum.

#31 ·
Hi Jason,

While I love that movie, I do mean the actual meaning of TPS report, which is in reference to a testing procedure specifications measure, which you seem to know about.

The first pre-orders were taken around mid-october to the start of november of last year, and these will have the highest priority. I will of course do what I can for loyal customers on here who have waited patiently, as well as informed me of numerous measures that we can improve, or given me ideas, or kept me up to date on everything involved.

Shipping, whatever you were quoted, will stay the same.

#35 ·
Got mine last Friday. Everything seems to be working great. East to pair and very easy to use. The only thing, the collar is on backorder, they said they still have a few bugs they are working out. Not that big of a deal, just glad to have the new units. I will try to post a pic.

#37 ·
From another thread posted on 10/10/11

Got mine last Friday. Everything seems to be working great. East to pair and very easy to use. The only thing, the collar is on backorder, they said they still have a few bugs they are working out. Not that big of a deal, just glad to have the new units. I will try to post a pic.
So tell me how you were to purchase new electronics from BB after your 10/10/11 post on another thread and get your new electronics on 11/4/11 according to your post above?

My order was placed w/ BB in Q1 of 2011 and I'm still waiting for it to ship. Checked w/ BB recently and my order was still in line to be delivered as some future undetermined date.

Jthweatt, why don't you post a pic of your new BB electronics for all of to see?

#38 ·
From another thread posted on 10/10/11

So tell me how you were to purchase new electronics from BB after your 10/10/11 post on another thread and get your new electronics on 11/4/11 according to your post above?

My order was placed w/ BB in Q1 of 2011 and I'm still waiting for it to ship. Checked w/ BB recently and my order was still in line to be delivered as some future undetermined date.

Jthweatt, why don't you post a pic of your new BB electronics for all of to see?
Contrary to what BB said they would do, they apparently are sending out entirely new BBs with the new electronics before they are sending out the new replacement electronics to upgrade to the folks who pre-ordered them almost a year ago now.

#39 ·
Yes bumperboy contacted me on Around 10/25/2011 and wanted to know if I was ready to order new units and upgrades that I had previously contacted them about. I then placed the order I received them about a week later. 3 new units and 2 new electronic upgrades. I will try and post pictures in the morning. I am happy to have mine, but I completely understand how everyone feels. Orders that have been on order should have been processed in the order they were placed.

#40 ·
This says a lot about the business model and the marketing. Considering you also got upgrades as well makes even less sense.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.