The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Recipe Time....

Default Recipe Time....

http://www.retrievertraining.net/dow...pesJan2006.doc

This is an oldie but a goodie. For a while Stegs was the keeper of the recipe book. Stegs, if you're out there, thanks for your fine work.

It has not been updated for a few years, but there are some good ones in here.

I would highly suggest, for any of you who think that you'd rather eat your old danner boot than a Canada goose, that you try the first recipe, "Goose on a Stick" for your next honker. I've seen it served up at several BBQ functions, and each time, kids and non-game eating people come back for 2nds, 3rds, and then the plate is gone.

The key: don't overcook it! Just barely cook the outsides and be sure the inside is rare.

Bon apetit!

Chris
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

I've made this twice now and it is excellent.

Over egg noodles.

2 -4 breasts (depending on how many to feed)
    2 large sweet onions
    3 cloves garlic
    1 can beefy mushroom soup
    some button mushrooms
    1 cup red wine, something with flavor

Cut the onions and press the garlic into a large sauce pan with some butter and cook until just about carmalized. Chunk the meat and add once the onions are reduced. Cover and let it come to a simmer. Remove the cover and let it reduce about half the liquid. Add the red wine now and again bring to simmer and this reduce by half. Finally add the soup and mushrooms and about 1/2 a can of water. Bring this to a simmer again and let it reduce by about half again.
    Mark

That's what I'm talking about!

Thanks Mark!
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Junior Member E. P. Masaracchia's Avatar

GOOSE PULLED BBQ

4 large goose breasts
    salt/pepper
    pinch sage
    1 large onion (I prefer red onion)
    1 large bottle of your favorite bbq sauce

Chop large onion in medium sized pieces into a crock pot, place goose breasts on top of the onions, sprinkle with a pinch of sage, cook on medium heat for about 2 hours (long enough to be able to pull the breasts into long shreads). Shred the goose breasts using a fork, salt and pepper them, pour the bottle of bbq souce into the crock pot and stir/ mix the onions, bbq sauce and shredded breasts together cook on med heat for approximately 1 more hour. Serve on potato bread or kaiser rolls.
    Money Make Blues Three And A Half Inch BB's MH "BB"
    Riverside's Full Tilt Boogie "Pearl"

Chris,

I know this is a retriever forumn but I have thought for a long time a Recipe section would be a nice touch.

Junior Member E. P. Masaracchia's Avatar

BONELESS BUFFALO GOOSE FINGERS

6 goose breasts
    1 bag House of Autry Spicy Fish Fry
    1 egg
    1 cup of milk
    Salt/ Pepper
    1 bottle of Texas Pete's Buffalo Wing Sauce
    Oil
    1 jar of Marzetti's Ultimate Bleu Cheese

Cut goose breasts into 1/2 wide strips (I usually will soak them in a bowl of lightly salted water over night to remove some of the blood). Pour House of Autry Spicy Fish Fry into a large freezer bag, mix the egg and milk together and wisp the egg with a fork, dredge the goose strips through th egg/milk and put in the freezer bag with the House of Autry Fish Fry, shake vigorously until all the strips are fully covered. Heat your oil, place the goose strips in the oil and deep fry until golden brown, once cooked place the deep fried strips in a large bowl and coat thoroughly with 1 bottle of Texas Pete's Buffalo Wing Sauce. Serve with the Bleau Cheese as a dipping sauce.
    Money Make Blues Three And A Half Inch BB's MH "BB"
    Riverside's Full Tilt Boogie "Pearl"

Corned Goose Breast

4-5 lbs cleaned deboned and defatted goose breast
    5T Morton's Tender Quick
    2T Brown sugar
    1T Pepper
    1t Paprika
    1t Allspice
    1/2t Garlic powder

Mix spices and rub on meat. Put in sealed plastic bag in fridge for 5 days (8-10 is better) and turn every day. Roast 250 to 300 2-3 hours with a minimal amount of water. Option: Place in a crock pot and cover with water, cook on high for 5-6 hours.

Goose balls

However many breasts you think you will need
    Itallian dressing
    Bacon strips cut into 1/3s
    Tooth picks

Take and soak the goose breast in salt water inthe fridge over night. The nxt morning drain the water and take the breast and cut off any fat and tissue. Afterwards cut them into "mcdonalds sized nuggets" After all the meat is cut wrap them in about a 1/3 of normal strip of bacon and stick them with a tooth pick to hold them place in a container. Once all the nuggets are wrapped marrinade them in itallian dressing for at least four hours. Fry in a skillet or whyever you got. Kids love these and so do the picky eaters. Make a great appetizer
    Bay's Smokin' Aces Royal Flush "Ace"

Yeah I think favorite recipes would be a great section to add to the list also. Would make searching them easier also.

Stir Fry Teal
    Marinate-1 cup Orange Juice,1/4 cup Dark Rum,1/2 cup Soy Sauce,Sliced Jalepanos,Red Pepper,Minced Garlic.Marinate 3 hrs.
    In a skillet 1tbsp Veg Oil,1tbsp Butter,a few drops Sesame Oil.heat.Add Mushrooms,Green Onions,Zucchini,Water Chestnuts,Baby Corn,Shredded Carrots,anything else that sounds good.Cook till Teal breast are med rare serve over white or fried rice.Wonderful