The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Takes So Long, Holder?

Default What Takes So Long, Holder?

Holder has agreed to testify on Fast and Furious on December 8th. Ya think he needs another 6 weeks in addition to all the time he has already had to get his shat together or will it take that long to hide stuff?

Ducks in a row regards,
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

the administration in in a full four corners offense,they control any Senate Judiciary committe , and they dont want to take attention away from the Pass this Now and the re election campaign..Issa is keeping up the pressure from the House, but there is very little help from the Senate....unless the republicans get a "deep throat" type of informant, they wont be able to nail Holder's hide to the barn door
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...years-to-come/

Okay, it's Fox News, but quotes are quotes:

[QUOTE]
    "Although the department has taken steps to ensure that such tactics are never used again, it is an unfortunate reality that we will continue to feel the effects of this flawed operation for years to come," he said. "Guns lost during this operation will continue to show up at crime scenes on both sides of the border."
    /QUOTE]

that department heads were not aware of the program early on.
    "The documents produced to date also belie the remarkable notion that this operation was conceived by department leaders, as some have claimed," Holder said. "It is my understanding that department leaders were not informed about the inappropriate tactics employed in this operation until those tactics were made public and, as is customary, turned to those with supervisory responsibility over the operation in an effort to learn the facts."

How come the guys with a conscience, the whistle-blowers, were shoved off to oblivion, and NOBODY who WAS responsible suffered any consequences? One of the local supervisors who CERTAINLY should have known what was going on was promoted to a post in DC. C'mon, Holder, this is pure hogwash.

"We cannot afford to allow the tragic mistakes of 'Operation Fast and Furious' to become a political sideshow or a series of media opportunities," he said. "Instead, we must move forward and recommit ourselves to our shared public safety obligations."

He used the occasion to prod Congress to support efforts to give the Justice Department broader legal tools to track firearms purchases.

Oh, great! The tools were there; the geniuses ignored the pleas of their own people & the store owners to use them, so they should be given more tools? Great logic!

Despite the controversy over the inaccurate February letter from Justice, Holder also stated: "Nobody in the Justice Department has lied."

He really expects people to believe that? Ego? Narcicissm? He's smoking something stronger than tobacco.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...lation-debate/

Now, newly revealed emails suggest that if the gun-running operation didn't start out with that intent, as administration officials insist, the program certainly led to discussions on new gun regulations.
    Holder states:
    "Clearly, an attempt to use Fast and Furious as a way to bolster the request for that long-gun regulation would have been foolhardy," he told the House Judiciary Committee last week.

However, once they got started on the operation, the idea began to develop:
    On July 14, 2010, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Assistant Director Mark Chait asked then-ATF Phoenix Special Agent in Charge Bill Newell "if these guns were all purchased from the same (licensed gun dealer) and at one time. We are looking at anecdotal cases to support a demand letter on long-gun multiple sales."
    On Jan. 4, 2011, Newell apparently saw the opportunity to publicly push for the new gun regulation. The Fast and Furious news conference provides "another time to address multiple sale on long guns issue," he wrote Chait.

A day after that news conference, Chait replied in an email: "Bill -- well done yesterday ... in light of our request for demand letter 3, this case could be a strong supporting factor if we can determine how many multiple sales of long guns occurred during the course of this case."

Holder puts this spin on it:
    The attorney general also criticized Congress for opposing this long gun registry.

"Earlier this year, the House of Representatives actually voted to keep law enforcement in the dark when individuals purchase semi-automatic rifles and shotguns in Southwest border gun shops," Holder said. "Providing law enforcement with the tools to detect and to disrupt illegal gun trafficking is entirely consistent with the constitutional rights of law-abiding citizens."

In 2009, the State Department approved sales of 18,709 weapons to Mexico, almost 10 times the number sold to illegal straw buyers in Fast and Furious, and more guns than the U.S. sold to either Afghanistan or Iraq. That number includes $20 million in semi- and fully-automatic weapons

[/QUOTE]

Holder is really a piece of work.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

KUHNER: Obama’s Watergate
    Officials Cover up Culpability for Gun Smuggling and Murder

By Jeffrey T. Kuhner
    -
    The Washington Times
    Thursday, December 15, 2011

A year ago this week, U.S. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry was murdered. He died protecting his country from brutal Mexican gangsters. Two AK-47 assault rifles were found at his death site. We now know the horrifying truth: Agent Terry was killed by weapons that were part of an illegal Obama administration operation to smuggle arms to the dangerous drug cartels. He was a victim of his own government. This is not only a major scandal; it is a high crime that potentially reaches all the way to the White House, implicating senior officials. It is President Obama’s Watergate.

Operation Fast and Furious was run by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) and overseen by the Justice Department. It started under the leadership of Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. Fast and Furious enabled straw gun purchases from licensed dealers in Arizona, in which more than 2,000 weapons were smuggled to Mexican drug kingpins. ATF claims it was seeking to track the weapons as part of a larger crackdown on the growing violence in the Southwest. Instead, ATF effectively has armed murderous gangs. About 300 Mexicans have been killed by Fast and Furious weapons. More than 1,400 guns remain lost. Agent Terry likely will not be the last U.S. casualty.

Mr. Holder insists he was unaware of what took place until after media reports of the scandal appeared in early 2011. This is false. Such a vast operation only could have occurred with the full knowledge and consent of senior administration officials. Massive gun-running and smuggling is not carried out by low-level ATF bureaucrats unless there is authorization from the top. There is a systematic cover-up.

Congressional Republicans, however, are beginning to shed light on the scandal. Led by Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa and Rep. Darrell Issa of California, a congressional probe is exposing the Justice Department’s rampant criminality and deliberate stonewalling. Assistant Attorney General Lanny A. Breuer, who heads the department’s criminal division, helped craft a February letter to Congress that denied ATF had ever walked guns into Mexico. Yet, under pressure from congressional investigators, the department later admitted that Mr. Breuer knew about ATF gun-smuggling as far back as April 2010. In other words, Mr. Breuer has been misleading Congress. He should resign - or be fired.

Instead, Mr. Holder tenaciously insists that Mr. Breuer will keep his job. He needs to keep his friends close and potential witnesses even closer. Another example is former acting ATF Director Kenneth Melson. Internal documents show Mr. Melson directly oversaw Fast and Furious, including monitoring numerous straw purchases of AK-47s. He has admitted to congressional investigators that he, along with high-ranking ATF leaders, reassigned every “manager involved in Fast and Furious” after the scandal surfaced on Capitol Hill and in the press. Mr. Melson said he was ordered by senior Justice officials to be silent regarding the reassignments. Hence, ATF managers who possess intimate and damaging information - especially on the role of the Justice Department - essentially have been promoted to cushy bureaucratic jobs. Their silence has been bought, their complicity swept under the rug. Mr. Melson has been transferred to Justice’s main office, where he serves as a “senior adviser” on forensic science in the department’s Office of Legal Policy. Rather than being punished, Mr. Melson has been rewarded for his incompetence and criminal negligence.

Mr. Holder and his aides have given misleading, false and contradictory testimony on Capitol Hill. Perjury, obstruction of justice and abuse of power - these are high crimes and misdemeanors. Mr. Holder should be impeached. Like most liberals, he is playing the victim card, claiming Mr. Issa is a modern-day Joseph McCarthy conducting a judicial witch hunt. Regardless of this petty smear, Mr. Holder must be held responsible and accountable - not only for the botched operation, but for his flagrant attempts to deflect blame from the administration.

Mr. Holder is a shameless careerist and a ruthless Beltway operative. For years, his out-of-control Justice Department has violated the fundamental principle of our democracy, the rule of law. He has refused to prosecute members of the New Black Panthers for blatant voter intimidation that took place in the 2008 election. Career Justice lawyers have confessed publicly that Mr. Holder will not pursue cases in which the perpetrators are black and the victims white. States such as Arizona and Alabama are being sued for simply attempting to enforce federal immigration laws. Mr. Holder also opposes voter identification cards, thereby enabling fraud and vote-stealing at the ballot box. What else can we expect from one who, during the Clinton administration, helped pardon notorious tax cheat Marc Rich and Puerto Rican terrorists?

Mr. Holder clearly knew about Fast and Furious and did nothing to stop it. This is because the administration wanted to use the excuse of increased violence on the border and weapons-smuggling into Mexico to justify tighter gun-control legislation. Mr. Holder is fighting ferociously to prevent important internal Justice documents from falling into the hands of congressional investigators. If the full nature of his involvement is discovered, the Obama presidency will be in peril.

Fast and Furious is even worse than Watergate for one simple reason: No one died because of President Nixon’s political dirty tricks and abuse of government power. But Brian Terry is dead; and there are still 1,500 missing guns threatening still more lives.

What did Mr. Obama know? Massive gun-smuggling by the U.S. government into a foreign country does not happen without the explicit knowledge and approval of leading administration officials. It’s too big, too risky and too costly. Mr. Holder may not be protecting just himself and his cronies. Is he protecting the president?

Jeffrey T. Kuhner is a columnist at The Washington Times and president of the Edmund Burke Institute.
    This scumbag needs to go.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    This scumbag needs to go.

RK
    And the horse he rode in on.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...est=latestnews

Uh-oh ... the first crack in the stone wall?

This schism is the first big break in what has been a unified front in the government’s defense of itself in the gun-running scandal. Cunningham claims he is a victim of a conflict between two branches of government and will not be compelled to be a witnesses against himself, and make a statement that could be later used by a grand jury or special prosecutor to indict him on criminal charges.

Romero claims Cunningham did nothing wrong and acted in good faith, but the Department of Justice in Washington is making him the fall guy, claiming he failed to accurately provide the Oversight Committee with information on the execution of Fast and Furious.

The letter from Cunningham’s Washington DC attorney stunned congressional staff. Last week, Cunningham, the second highest ranking U.S. Attorney in Arizona, was scheduled to appear before Issa‘s committee voluntarily. Then, he declined and Issa issued a subpoena.

“Department of Justice officials have reported to the Committee that my client relayed inaccurate information to the Department upon which it relied in preparing its initial response to Congress. If, as you claim, Department officials have blamed my client, they have blamed him unfairly,” the letter to Issa says.

G.Clinchy@gmail.com

http://www.foxnews.com/interactive/p...ssa-to-holder/

Issa's not happy with Holder. This is the text of his letter to Holder dated 1/31/12, which threatens to hold DOJ in contempt of Congress.

Same day Dems issue the results of their investigation saying that the bad guys were the local ATF people in AZ who approved the bad stuff and didn't tell the fellas in DC what they were doing. And somebody was just reading the "summary cover sheet" on reports of operations, so didn't see the bad stuff.

The more layers of bureaucracy there are, the easier it is for each bureaucrat to blame stuff on somebody else.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...t-and/#content

This has to be unconscionable. At the very least Holder and/or other high-ups in his DOJ are incompetent; and there should be at least a few along the way that should end up in jail.

This is the same guy who is concerned about the Constitutional rights of Gitmo prisoners, but doesn't get flustered when a law enforcement officer has his right to life taken totally away by the incompetent actions of his own department.

No one has been punished "yet," Attorney General Eric Holder said Thursday in a contentious hearing ...

But Holder's statements on the Justice Department's role in the operation did not sit well with [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Republican [COLOR=blue !important]lawmakers
    [/COLOR] on the committee, who accused the attorney general of intentionally withholding key documents in the case.

"The conclusion that I come to is there are some things in there that's being hidden that you don't want us to see," said Rep. Dan Burton, R-Ind. "We have every right under the Constitution to check on what you're doing... So for you to deny this committee anything like that is just dead wrong and I don't think you're going to find any way that you can do it."
    [/COLOR]

Holder told the committee, "I’m not sure exactly how I found out about the term, 'Fast and Furious.' " (Geez!)He testified that he never authorized the controversial tactics employed in the operation.
    [/COLOR]
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Tragic that an officer of the law was killed! Please remove the politics from it.

I'm sure the cartel would have killed him with a gun acquired somewhere else too.

I'm sure the President nor did the Attorney General lead this effort either.

Now I'm sure senior federal officers were aware of it, but I'm sure they were trying to catch bad guys, not get one of their own killed.

Everything is polarized by politics....the politics of the new millennium, pile as much sh#t on your opponent as you can and hopefully it will make him stink, does not matter if it is true.

Now having said this, I'm not impressed by Holder and I would like the president to replace him, but let’s keep it real!