The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Takes So Long, Holder?

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    Tragic that an officer of the law was killed! Please remove the politics from it.

I'm sure the cartel would have killed him with a gun acquired somewhere else too.

I'm sure the President nor did the Attorney General lead this effort either.

Now I'm sure senior federal officers were aware of it, but I'm sure they were trying to catch bad guys, not get one of their own killed.

Everything is polarized by politics....the politics of the new millennium, pile as much sh#t on your opponent as you can and hopefully it will make him stink, does not matter if it is true.

Now having said this, I'm not impressed by Holder and I would like the president to replace him, but letís keep it real!
    A very famous Democrat once said "the buck stops here!"

Holder is responsible for his people.
    Somebody came up with this half baked idea.
    Somebody approved it.
    Unless the department is just running wild unsupervised???

Either way, this fiasco lays at the feet of Eric Holder, an ideologue if ever there was one.
    He should be dismissed.

Your main reason for rising to his defense is based on ideology and politics.
    Yet you chastise others for the same.

Is it lunchtime yet??

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    A very famous Democrat once said "the buck stops here!" RK

BINGO!!! I was wondering when someone would point that out.

HPL
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Somebody approved it.

Either way, this fiasco lays at the feet of Eric Holder, an ideologue if ever there was one.
    He should be dismissed.

Is it lunchtime yet??

RK
    Leaving for Papositos!

Sambo, how can you be so sure of so many things? I'd just like to have the facts.

Everything is polarized by politics....the politics of the new millennium, pile as much sh#t on your opponent as you can and hopefully it will make him stink, does not matter if it is true.
    Did I mention politics? I only mentioned Holder's positions on legal matters based on his position as AG.

If we are not allowed to have a negative opinion on anyone in a President's administration (this President or any other President), what are we coming to?

And the fact remains that Holder is the one responsible for his department, most especially when it comes to literally authorizing an illegal activity.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Somebody approved it.

He should be dismissed.

Is it lunchtime yet??

RK
    BTW---It's been 3 years now and NOONE in this administration has assumed responsibility for anything.
    Plenty of blaming though.

In a nutshell this administration when there is credit to be given, takes it and when there is blame to be taken, they give it.

To assume the death of an American citizen is OK because it would have happened anyway is absolute absurditiy.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

BTW---It's been 3 years now and NOONE in this administration has assumed responsibility for anything.
    Plenty of blaming though.

In a nutshell this administration when there is credit to be given, takes it and when there is blame to be taken, they give it.

To assume the death of an American citizen is OK because it would have happened anyway is absolute absurditiy.

RK
    Death of an American citizen is never ok, and many have lost their lives in this drug war. Nor was it ok to lose the countless lives that have been lost in other wars.

What is not right is using this man's life to further your war against Obama. I don't like it when the democrats stoop this low to further their agenda either.

I'm sick of this type of politics. If Obama was a bad man and bad for this country, I would be the first to say it. But he isn't and has done a good job in a difficult time. Could others have done better...maybe, but they could have done much worse too.

99% of the information out their is unreliable, and crafted to move an agenda either good or bad. I know this is too much to ask, but why can't we just support our elected officials no matter what party with the hope they have our best interest at heart. Having said that, they are all bought and paid for and you and I know that the guy giving countless dollars to their campaign is going to get his way, and he is spending it to get legislation passed that makes him money.

Ok I have had my moment of idealism. The reality is this post is agenda moving, and it is the soup of the day of what Beck and others are serving

Death of an American citizen is never ok, and many have lost their lives in this drug war. Nor was it ok to lose the countless lives that have been lost in other wars.

What is not right is using this man's life to further your war against Obama. I don't like it when the democrats stoop this low to further their agenda either.

I'm sick of this type of politics. If Obama was a bad man and bad for this country, I would be the first to say it. But he isn't and has done a good job in a difficult time. Could others have done better...maybe, but they could have done much worse too.

99% of the information out their is unreliable, and crafted to move an agenda either good or bad. I know this is too much to ask, but why can't we just support our elected officials no matter what party with the hope they have our best interest at heart. Having said that, they are all bought and paid for and you and I know that the guy giving countless dollars to their campaign is going to get his way, and he is spending it to get legislation passed that makes him money.

Ok I have had my moment of idealism. The reality is this post is agenda moving, and it is the soup of the day of what Beck and others are serving
    Quote Originally Posted by sambo
    I'm sure the cartel would have killed him with a gun acquired somewhere else too.
    Sounds like a rationalization & an excuse to me??
    __________________________________________________ ___________

If I am not mistaken (and I am not) this thread is about Eric Holder, an appointee of President Obama.

When does someone take responsibilty here??

Is Holder in charge, or are these guys just running wild?

Pretty simple question.
    Doubtful I will see an honest answer.

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 02-02-2012 at 01:37 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Sounds like a rationalization & an excuse to me??
    __________________________________________________ ___________

If I am not mistaken (and I am not) this thread is about Eric Holder, an appointee of President Obama.

When does someone take responsibilty here??

Is Holder in charge, or are these guys just running wild?

Pretty simple question.
    Doubtful I will see an honest answer.

RK
    I said I don't like Holder...I think he is weak. But to say that Obama/Holder is responsible for this is not correct. There have probablly been countless other stings such as this that have worked and not worked, but this one is highlighted to move an agenda against the president by saying his appointee is bad, therefore he makes bad decisions.

The AG is not a frontline person...he is a glorified administrator, who's main focus is budgets and a spokesperson for the the Department of Justice. They don't appoint these guys for their cleverness in the field.

I would defer to the book by J. Christian Adams entitled _Injustice:Exposing the Racial Agenda of the Obama Justice Department_.

Holder is the most political Attorney General in memory. John Mitchell comes to mind but he was personally political in his support of Nixon and resigned to head the re-election campaign. He didn't use the office. Holder has turned the Dept of Justice so political that is may be very difficult to repair the damage.

Eric

I said I don't like Holder...I think he is weak. But to say that Obama/Holder is responsible for this is not correct. There have probablly been countless other stings such as this that have worked and not worked, but this one is highlighted to move an agenda against the president by saying his appointee is bad, therefore he makes bad decisions.

The AG is not a frontline person...he is a glorified administrator, who's main focus is budgets and a spokesperson for the the Department of Justice. They don't appoint these guys for their cleverness in the field.
    So, noone is responsible in your mind??
    And even if they were, it's OK cause other bad stuff was done??

Interesting.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis