The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Takes So Long, Holder?

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    So, noone is responsible in your mind??
    And even if they were, it's OK cause other bad stuff was done??

Interesting.

RK
    It is easy to say someone screwed up after the fact. Had it worked very sucessful, we would not be talking about it now. You can argue just because something worked out it does not mean it is right.

So again I take you back to agenda....this is intended to make Obama look bad...not change the way ATF, DEA, FBI work.

I'm sure it will hurt careers of people that were just doing their job.

Kinda like the Marines that pissed on their dead. I'm sure this is not the first time, just the first time someone filmed it. Looks distastful and the government has to save face, so heads have to roll. I do like the fact that Holder is standing up for his guy, a lot easier to punt blame but does not make it right.

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    I said I don't like Holder...I think he is weak. But to say that Obama/Holder is responsible for this is not correct. There have probablly been countless other stings such as this that have worked and not worked, but this one is highlighted to move an agenda against the president by saying his appointee is bad, therefore he makes bad decisions.

The AG is not a frontline person...he is a glorified administrator, who's main focus is budgets and a spokesperson for the the Department of Justice. They don't appoint these guys for their cleverness in the field.
    I have to say that the one who appointed him is to blame. The people who work for you are your responsibilty as well as their actions are a direct reflection of you.

For example, I was getting out of the USMC everything was going smooth or so it seemed. i asked all the questions and was assured everything was going correctly. When the day came it was all wrong, well not all wrong but not finished. I filed a complaint, now that I was filing a complaint who do I file it against, the low E3 who thought he did it right or the CWO3 who was the Officer in charge. I chose the CWO3, why because it was ultimately their responsibilty to ensure their people do their job the right way without violating any laws. Which yes there are laws and directives about processing service members from service. When they were approached about it, they were angry that i would dare say it was their fault. We had a sit down chat and they said they could not be held accountable for the actions of their Marines, they were quickly corrected. They were punished for running the office improperly, and after a quick look it was happening a lot but not reported because people had left the area and just thought things were slow in the mail in reality they just were not doing their job. Instead the office was taking fridays off and having family fun days instead of finishing thier job.

My point is, the highest up takes the fall for either A) Not knowing what his personnel are doing or B) Because they knew and did not care or say anything.

If you appoint someone it is because they have your and the countries best interest at the front of their goals. Holder like many of BHO's appointees do not have the USA's interests at the front. This goes across the board, not just BHO and his appointees, all former POTUS have made mistakes and yes I mean all. The downside is this is 2012 and media is everywhere, and when an American is killed by one of these guns, someone is to blame, and it isn't the lowest guy. It is the one at the top who knew about it, or the one at the top who failed to know about it, usually the same guy.

Also delaying to get your words correct do not help when the media can convict you in the time you take to prepare, whether you are guilty or not.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

I'm sure it will hurt careers of people that were just doing their job.
    Actually, so far, the only one who got hurt was the guy who blew the whistle. He was re-assigned to East Gibip somewhere.

If it "hurts the careers" of people "just doing their job", maybe that is appropriate?

The AG is not a frontline person...he is a glorified administrator, who's main focus is budgets and a spokesperson for the the Department of Justice. They don't appoint these guys for their cleverness in the field.
    With the power they wield, you need a better excuse than this.

why can't we just support our elected officials no matter what party with the hope they have our best interest at heart. Having said that, they are all bought and paid for and you and I know that the guy giving countless dollars to their campaign is going to get his way, and he is spending it to get legislation passed that makes him money.
    I think you just contradicted yourself. If they had "our" best interest at heart they would not have made themselves so rich by allowing themselves to do insider trading that would have put others in jail; or voted themselves such luxury benefits along the way. No matter how bad the economy gets, the legislators haven't seen their standard of living decline like Joe Average. How can they possibly relate to the consequences of the laws they pass?

They obviously have no clue what it means to balance a budget ... or even imagine a budget (since they haven't come up with one for over 3 years); much less live within one.

Hope that they have our best interests at heart? I think not.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

The ones who got hurt are the ones who were killed or were related to the ones who were killed by the guns sold to the criminals. To this day, Holder has not said one word of apology to Brian Terry"s family.
    Bill Davis

....., I'm not impressed by Holder and I would like the president to replace him, but letís keep it real!

lets just replace the President

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

1 year into this, and Holder can't apologize to the family of the murder victim (the results of this horrible scheme) or find out who OK'd this.

Holder is an incredibly inept manager...........much like his boss!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    1 year into this, and Holder can't apologize to the family of the murder victim (the results of this horrible scheme) or find out who OK'd this.

Holder is an incredibly inept manager...........much like his boss!!

RK
    The truth will come out, but like you said earlier, he is being tried in the press. So you will get your smear, and then the truth will come out and no one will care. That's the world we live in.

I'm pretty sure if he has not address the family, it is because he is being advised by counsel not to, since the republican party has a bulleye on is ass

The truth will come out, but like you said earlier, he is being tried in the press. So you will get your smear, and then the truth will come out and no one will care. That's the world we live in.

I'm pretty sure if he has not address the family, it is because he is being advised by counsel not to, since the republican party has a bulleye on is ass
    The Committee is being tried in the Press. The Press would have you believe that poor Holder is being unfairly prosecuted.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    The Committee is being tried in the Press. The Press would have you believe that poor Holder is being unfairly prosecuted.
    Depends on what press you listen to....

If he was so beatable....you would not be trying to pull the sh%t your talking about too