RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Stud Contract

7K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  Mike Peters-labguy23 
#1 ·
Would anyone have a Stud contract that I might peruse and, possibly, use or amend? So far, terms for previous breedings have been agreed to verbally or by Email but, I've been burned once and would like to have something more formal.

Feel free to Email me at markndogs@aol.com.

Thanks,

#12 ·
And don't you have a pink chair too??;-)

Andy

#20 ·
You are very welcome!! What are friends for??:D

Andy

#16 ·
OK then we have heard from the too short to be considered crowd.

Dude is so short that you can see his feet on his drivers license photo.

Be real sure that they know about the "Sure I'll still respect you in the morning clause".

Remember- candy is dandy but likker is quicker regards

Bubba

#18 ·
Mark-

I sent you a copy of my stud fee letter- I don't do a "contract". The terms are complied with or not, and the registration papers are signed, or not!

Is this for yourself, or one of the dogs? Not sure of the legality in our state. Be careful doing it across state lines, it really screws things up....

#28 ·
This is sort of off topic, but I am going to ask these questions anyway...

For those who have actually used top stud dogs currently have you found this:

1. do most owners of top stud dogs today not want to do natural breedings?

2. are most stud dog owners not guaranteeing AI breedings, as in side by side AI, fresh chilled, frozen?

3. have most stud dog owners stopped offering a pro-rated refund if there are fewer than 3 (or 4) puppies? Or no puppies at all?

Helen

#29 ·
1. Yes, most seem to only do side by sides or AI.
2. I have had both ways in the past 5 years. The one who did not guarantee the breeding was for a deceased stud.
3. Most are counting 3-4 pups as a litter and pro rate less. Many do have an upfront fee that is non-refundable. ($100-$200) as a breeding fee.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.