The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: inmates running the assylum

Default inmates running the assylum

OK...so now Darrel Hannah and (multi billionaire daughter) Julia Luis Dreyfus as well as a bunch of C List actors are shaping U.S. policy. Obama is siding with the anti XL Pipeline protesters and has delayed a decision till after the election. Now...that is really taking an informed stance....Prevaricator in Chief.
    Here we go again.....unintended consequences.

If you have any interest at all in the secure future for a safe, constant and ethical oil source..take the time to watch this.

ahttp://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/1270448710001

Great video! Newt hit the nail on the head with "voting present" on the pipeline that could mean good jobs for both countries. And I think it's a better idea to buy oil from Canada (if we have to buy it from a "foreign" country), than it is to depend on the Arabs.

Wonder if Obama might have caught the tidbit that the oil companies buy more trucks from GM than anybody else?

Also a nice piece on the insanity of using microchips in the military that were made in China! Are we totally nuts? Not to mention, I'm glad I don't have to travel over that CA bridge built with Chinese material. Just ask the people who had Chinese wallboard in their new homes a few years back! Have we not learned that the track record is that Chinese parts and materials only "appear" cheaper ... until they start to implode?

When I bought my last desktop computer, it was "built" by a small company locally. One of the things they told me was that most "cheapie" computers use the Intel chip, but the rest of the chips in the machines are not USA-made. They use only USA chips. It's been a great machine, and I like knowing that I don't have Chinese chips in it.

It was NOT that much more expensive (if at all) than a Dell or HP; and I was able to get it configured as I wanted. At the time Dell or HP required that you pay extra if you wanted XP. Vista had just come out, and Vista was what was "packaged". With the local company, I got a choice of XP or Vista as "standard equipment" without an extra charge.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

when you get the tree hugging,Prius driving Hollyweird,pseudo celebs, along with a willing media, the American public usually takes it in the shorts..everything this administration does is calculated toward re election 2012
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by M. Robinson View Post
    OK...so now Darrel Hannah and (multi billionaire daughter) Julia Luis Dreyfus as well as a bunch of C List actors are shaping U.S. policy. Obama is siding with the anti XL Pipeline protesters and has delayed a decision till after the election. Now...that is really taking an informed stance....Prevaricator in Chief.
    Here we go again.....unintended consequences.

If you have any interest at all in the secure future for a safe, constant and ethical oil source..take the time to watch this.

ahttp://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/1270448710001
    Is it still there. I can't get to it. I keep getting a can't find the server message.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

I live next door to the guy who is in charge of that pipeline project. Interestingly they plan to use a pot load of 4000 HP pump motors along the pipeline that I helped design while I was at Siemens.

He seems to think that if re-elected, Obama will get the thing approved. He just doesn't want to alienate some of his base before the election. We both have spent time in the energy industry. We were talking about it and we both believe that the vast majority of the public, on both sides of the issue, are very uninformed when it comes to energy issues. And surprise, we both feel that we need to throw everything including the kitchen sink at the problem. In other words, we have to invest in fossil and in alternatives and renewables. It's the only sane approach.

This is one area where I part ways very dramatically with some on the left.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I live next door to the guy who is in charge of that pipeline project. Interestingly they plan to use a pot load of 4000 HP pump motors along the pipeline that I helped design while I was at Siemens.

He seems to think that if re-elected, Obama will get the thing approved. He just doesn't want to alienate some of his base before the election. We both have spent time in the energy industry. We were talking about it and we both believe that the vast majority of the public, on both sides of the issue, are very uninformed when it comes to energy issues. And surprise, we both feel that we need to throw everything including the kitchen sink at the problem. In other words, we have to invest in fossil and in alternatives and renewables. It's the only sane approach.

This is one area where I part ways very dramatically with some on the left.
    spot on Buzz...

A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Is it still there. I can't get to it. I keep getting a can't find the server message.
    When you click on the URL, just remove the portion before the "www..." and it will take you there.

I had trouble the first time, and actually found a different video on the same topic ... which was every bit as good as this one. It was in the video I found by mistake that mentioned the # of GM trucks the oil industry buys.

In fact, Buzz this video says the very thing you guessed ... Obama is just putting this off until after the election to keep the environmentalists happy, and will approve it after the election ... then when that brings some enthusiasm for future job growth, he will look like a hero.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    When you click on the URL, just remove the portion before the "www..." and it will take you there.

I had trouble the first time, and actually found a different video on the same topic ... which was every bit as good as this one. It was in the video I found by mistake that mentioned the # of GM trucks the oil industry buys.

In fact, Buzz this video says the very thing you guessed ... Obama is just putting this off until after the election to keep the environmentalists happy, and will approve it after the election ... then when that brings some enthusiasm for future job growth, he will look like a hero.
    gonna be hard for him to approve it when he doesnt get re elected....my guess is that he does it just before election time, so when gas prices are at an all time high he can claim he brought them down

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    gonna be hard for him to approve it when he doesnt get re elected....my guess is that he does it just before election time, so when gas prices are at an all time high he can claim he brought them down
    That could also be a good gimmick for him to use if the campaign is not going so well.

I'd guess that there's going to be some brouhaha over this. Starting in Canada, and will blossom in the US from there.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

should have done a test run..

www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/1270448710001

and FYI Ezra Levant has a very disturbing and interesting book..Ethical Oil...worthwhile reading.