The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotta Give Tebow his due

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Holy shiite! I didn't know that. I'm guessin' Loki didn't, either.
    I really don't think I am going to have a problem winning this bet.
    Kevin Entwistle

WGD (Worlds Greatest Dog) Cinci Redstocking "Loki", born: Jan. 22, 1999, RIP November 13, 2011
    "Lars" Chilian with the Rainmaker, born: Feb. 2, 2010

"That which you manifest is before you" (The Art of Racing in the Rain)

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Regardless of what anyone thinks of Tebow as a football player, I believe the guy is an outstanding human being. I just saw a segment on ESPN where Tebow went out of his way to make things better for a disabled 16 year old life long Gator fan. I personally know someone who's severely disabled son attends FSU and has been befriended by Tebow. He doesn't have to do these things but it sure makes life a little brighter for others who are less fortunate then we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Coveyrise64 View Post
    I racked my brain trying to remember his name, many years ago I watched him run over a DB near the sideline. They carried the poor guy off the field, Capp was a bruiser. Might not have been the best QB but fun to watch, didn't see him sliding into that don't hit me position.
    If my memory serves me that was a Cleveland Browns linebacker in the playoffs. Capp was quoted later as saying, "my knee hurt like hell, but didn't want the other team to know it".
    Back to Tebow. Today, he does not have the passing skills of a NFL quarterback. I wonder what the reaction would be if a Muslim player prostrated towards Mecca after each score and proclaimed his love for Allah at post game press conferences? Or a Buddhist... I like to thank Buddha for my blessings.
    What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
    Last edited by Losthwy; 11-25-2011 at 09:21 PM.
    What its prominence suggest, and what all science confirms is that the dog is a creature of the nose- A. Horowitz.

Ya'll were talking about Joe Kapp earlier. Here's a funny as hell video taken last Friday of 73 yr old Kapp throwing trading fists and cane shots with 73 year old Angelo Mosca at a CFL Grey Cup banquet. Apparently there's still some bad blood over the 1963 Grey Cup where Mosca injured Kapp's teammate with a late hit. Enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kThLSiykiHY
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Losthwy View Post
    If my memory serves me that was a Cleveland Browns linebacker in the playoffs. Capp was quoted later as saying, "my knee hurt like hell, but didn't want the other team to know it".
    Back to Tebow. Today, he does not have the passing skills of a NFL quarterback. I wonder what the reaction would be if a Muslim player prostrated towards Mecca after each score and proclaimed his love for Allah at post game press conferences? Or a Buddhist... I like to thank Buddha for my blessings. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
    I'm sure you do!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Maybe Tebow can figure a way to throw it to himself.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Thants what you get SD fans,,, fer your low rent chant!!

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Tebow can thank the Denver D for giving up an average of 13 points over the last several games
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by LokiMeister View Post
    I really don't think I am going to have a problem winning this bet.
    still think you are going to win now that they traded away Orton?

with Tebow as the starter the Broncos are 5-1....Elway would get laughed out of town if they were to trade or draft a QB in the early rounds..they might bring in another veteran for backup but the job is now Tebow's to lose
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"