The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 163

Thread: Gotta Give Tebow his due

  1. #111
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Shelbyville, Tn
    Posts
    1,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LokiMeister View Post
    That's fine and if I lose my $100 bet to Hew, so be it. I still stand by my original comments. If you read the article, Tebow has to change in order to be long term successful and that is kind of my point. Tebow is/was further from being a NFL QB than a lot of other QB's that come into the league that will never get a snap. Sometimes you just have to do as Denver did and throw caution to the wind and see how someone does. Happens all the time and sometimes, how much you are paying a guy determines what you do with him and I think that is the case here.

    Also note that I never wished ill on Tebow or the Broncos as some here would have you believe.
    Just heard where Denver/ New england game had the highest rating of any game this year. Fills stadiums and has the highest rating on TV. I bet the league is hoping Denver has a game nationally every week the rest of the year. i can imagine what the viewing will be if Denver is in the playoffs. This was the first game I have seen denver play this year. Team and Tebow looked good 1st q but poor last 3. Hope to see them again.

  2. #112
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Oakdale,ct.
    Posts
    2,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Just heard where Denver/ New england game had the highest rating of any game this year. Fills stadiums and has the highest rating on TV. I bet the league is hoping Denver has a game nationally every week the rest of the year. i can imagine what the viewing will be if Denver is in the playoffs. This was the first game I have seen denver play this year. Team and Tebow looked good 1st q but poor last 3. Hope to see them again.
    Yes, that's exactly what you saw. it is the inverse of the previous 8 games where the only good quarter they had was the 4th.There is a pattern here, i think.

    I REALLY loved the 49 yard sack! thought i was watching a poor High School Quarterback running for his life. NFL Quarterbacks either take the sack or the intentional grounding penalty.

    Their defense looked less than impressive against the Pats and the Lions' offenses.

    Tebow would probably make a good running back or tight end in the NFL.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

  3. #113
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Shelbyville, Tn
    Posts
    1,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    Yes, that's exactly what you saw. it is the inverse of the previous 8 games where the only good quarter they had was the 4th.There is a pattern here, i think.

    I REALLY loved the 49 yard sack! thought i was watching a poor High School Quarterback running for his life. NFL Quarterbacks either take the sack or the intentional grounding penalty.

    Their defense looked less than impressive against the Pats and the Lions' offenses.

    Tebow would probably make a good running back or tight end in the NFL.-Paul
    Since i had not seen them play, I didn't know what all the hype was about. They looked to me as if they got tired, especially in the 2nd half. they did remind me of a college fast pitch softball team I played on in college. We won the league undefeated and only one game that was ever in doubt. After the season, the director who eventually was Athletic Director at Georgia Tech, told me that if he were to pick an alstar team that none of us would make it. i responded that he pick his alstar team and we would beat the hell out of them. He thought a minute and then he agreed. We were a team. We did not want to change any player. We had complete confidence and dedication to each other. It was a rare experience that I have never forgotten. I think I saw some of that in Denver. time will tell if they leave the team alone and it will be interesting to watch.

  4. #114
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    1,756

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    Yes, that's exactly what you saw. it is the inverse of the previous 8 games where the only good quarter they had was the 4th.There is a pattern here, i think.

    I REALLY loved the 49 yard sack! thought i was watching a poor High School Quarterback running for his life. NFL Quarterbacks either take the sack or the intentional grounding penalty.

    Their defense looked less than impressive against the Pats and the Lions' offenses.

    Tebow would probably make a good running back or tight end in the NFL.-Paul
    I'm not on the Tebow bandwagon but that sack you are talking about was vintage Fran Tarkington, watched Fran do that many times sometimes they got him sometimes they didn't but it was always fun to watch for anyone except Bud Grant.
    I just found this interesting article on Timmy.
    http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/ar...-be-nfl,21167/

  5. #115
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post

    I just found this interesting article on Timmy.
    http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/ar...-be-nfl,21167/
    That is just too halarious!

    What's next, Muslim players rolling out mats in the Endzone and facing east for prayer?
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

  6. #116
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Shelbyville, Tn
    Posts
    1,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    I'm not on the Tebow bandwagon but that sack you are talking about was vintage Fran Tarkington, watched Fran do that many times sometimes they got him sometimes they didn't but it was always fun to watch for anyone except Bud Grant.
    I just found this interesting article on Timmy.
    http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/ar...-be-nfl,21167/
    I remember those days. the only thing that kept Fran in the stadium was the sidelines and the end zone.

  7. #117
    Senior Member HPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coastal Bend of Texas
    Posts
    2,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    I'm not on the Tebow bandwagon but that sack you are talking about was vintage Fran Tarkington, watched Fran do that many times sometimes they got him sometimes they didn't but it was always fun to watch for anyone except Bud Grant.
    I just found this interesting article on Timmy.
    http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/ar...-be-nfl,21167/
    Pretty funny if a bit sacrilegious, but then I always thought it a bit sacrilegious of Tebow to think that God cared one way or the other how he did on the field.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

    Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

    Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

    www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

  8. #118
    Senior Member duk4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NE Texas
    Posts
    2,875

    Default

    Tebow Tebow Tebow Romo Tebow Tebow Tebow
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

  9. #119
    Senior Member LokiMeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Stoughton, WI
    Posts
    613

    Default

    Way to go Timmy!! Way to score 3 points!! Way to back into the playoffs so you can lose next week!!

    Hey Uncle Bill, did you see that the Packers scored 45 points, with Matt Flynn (second string QB) throw for a team record 460 yards and 6 TD's? How that for the defending champs?
    Kevin Entwistle

    WGD (Worlds Greatest Dog) Cinci Redstocking "Loki", born: Jan. 22, 1999, RIP November 13, 2011
    "Lars" Chilian with the Rainmaker, born: Feb. 2, 2010


    "That which you manifest is before you" (The Art of Racing in the Rain)

    "Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

  10. #120
    Senior Member Cowtown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LokiMeister View Post
    Way to go Timmy!! Way to score 3 points!! Way to back into the playoffs so you can lose next week!!

    Hey Uncle Bill, did you see that the Packers scored 45 points, with Matt Flynn (second string QB) throw for a team record 460 yards and 6 TD's? How that for the defending champs?
    The hype will thankfully all be over soon...probably sometime next year though.

    6 of 22 for 60 yards, 0 TD's and 1 INT, 20.6 Rating.

    LOL

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •