The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotta Give Tebow his due

I'm happy that you're happy with Tebow, MG. Now if Elway can teach him to throw a NFL pass, rather than that 'rainmaker' he tosses up, that practically any defensive back in the country can run under, even with a 20 yard late start, he might be left in his chosen position. But that 'dying quail' that he's presently delivering is interception fodder, and he'll never be able to throw a sideline pass unless that changes.

He does run like Joe Capp, which I like. He's big enough to hand out some punishment to those DB's.

I'm with you about him being a special player in the NFL, and he's continuing to mystify the talking heads with his miraculous finishes. But we all know, if he can't get his passing game corrected, his days as a QB are numbered. But for now, as long as the defense keeps the team in the game, his opportunities to continue his impossible finishes will keep us all dumbfounded.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Gooser, I remember watching Kilmer beat my Cowboys, wearing a single bar facemask, dont know who had the bigger beer gut, him or Sonny Jurgensen, but they could both chuck the rock

look at Vince Young...it aint pretty but he wins
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I racked my brain trying to remember his name, many years ago I watched him run over a DB near the sideline. They carried the poor guy off the field, Capp was a bruiser. Might not have been the best QB but fun to watch, didn't see him sliding into that don't hit me position.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    He does run like Joe Capp, which I like. He's big enough to hand out some punishment to those DB's.
    VC TJ's Miss Filson MH, UTI

VC TJ's Highfalutin Hawkeye MH, UTI

Tebow will not be a starting QB in 2012 for any team as he doesn't get enough done on the field. The Broncos win in spite of him. Of the ten passes I saw him throw, one was caught and the receiver had to go get it.

He is just the flavor of the month.
    Kevin Entwistle

WGD (Worlds Greatest Dog) Cinci Redstocking "Loki", born: Jan. 22, 1999, RIP November 13, 2011
    "Lars" Chilian with the Rainmaker, born: Feb. 2, 2010

"That which you manifest is before you" (The Art of Racing in the Rain)

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by LokiMeister View Post
    Tebow will not be a starting QB in 2012 for any team as he doesn't get enough done on the field. The Broncos win in spite of him. Of the ten passes I saw him throw, one was caught and the receiver had to go get it.

I will save you some crow, trust me after the first bite,it tastes like chicken...very bad chicken

A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

So what you are saying is that Tebow is going to create a change in the quarterback position? Coaches and general managers are going to start looking for college QB's that are winners that can run but can't throw a lick that get gifts from the defense and the other teams?

Look at Brooks Bollinger from U. of Wisconsin. He was a winner and got drafted by (?)Philadelphia(?) and was later signed by Minnesota that could run and not throw but protect the ball. He is now coaching a high school team in Minnesota.

John Fox and John Elway really don't want Tebow as their QB, they are stuck with a No. 1 draft pick by a former coach that made a bad decision (Kiffin).

Save some crow, I think it will spoil...
    Kevin Entwistle

WGD (Worlds Greatest Dog) Cinci Redstocking "Loki", born: Jan. 22, 1999, RIP November 13, 2011
    "Lars" Chilian with the Rainmaker, born: Feb. 2, 2010

"That which you manifest is before you" (The Art of Racing in the Rain)

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

all I'm saying is a couple of years ago the NFL QB played under center for every down, now they play from the shotgun more often than not, as fast as lineman can run they needed that extra five step drop...his mechanics can only improve, he has a strong arm, just needs an OC that believes in him

Quote Originally Posted by LokiMeister View Post

I got a C-note that says you don't really believe that. If you're feeling froggy, go ahead and jump.

And after you don't accept the wager, read this article and find some quiet time for introspection : http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=47640

an excerpt...

Sports fans (short for fanatics, remember) cheer a fleet-footed dog executioner in Philadelphia. They riot for a coach who took a hands-off approach to an alleged pederast assistant. They bought record numbers of pay-per-view broadcasts of a heavyweight rapist. They are a forgiving bunch for whom good play atones for bad behavior. But for some fans, the one unforgivable sin is avoiding sin. We like our heroes to be heels. They flatter our egalitarianism and sense of superiority at once.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    all I'm saying is a couple of years ago the NFL QB played under center for every down, now they play from the shotgun more often than not, as fast as lineman can run they needed that extra five step drop...his mechanics can only improve, he has a strong arm, just needs an OC that believes in him
    Oh puleeze Bon surely you jest. His throwing motion has regressed since last year and just wait until he plays somebody that knocks his jock off and it will happen. He can't even throw as well as Vick who btw got his check and is now checking out.

Thank goodness you don't have Jerry's ear or you would have us trading Romo for him. You have a good heart Bon but the choir boy ain't gonna cut it long term. Sorry.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    Oh puleeze Bon surely you jest. His throwing motion has regressed since last year and just wait until he plays somebody that knocks his jock off and it will happen. He can't even throw as well as Vick who btw got his check and is now checking out.

Thank goodness you don't have Jerry's ear or you would have us trading Romo for him. You have a good heart Bon but the choir boy ain't gonna cut it long term. Sorry.
    Look at Vince Young, that aint textbook either, but both of these guys are winners..would I like to have Aaron Rodgers, of course, but its in their bloodline...they were born to be champs...Romo was an undrafted free agent walk on who got a chance to play when Bledsoe didnt work out, talking about poor mechanics...Romo will never take my Boys to a championship..NEVER