The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotta Give Tebow his due

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    with Tebow as the starter the Broncos are 5-1....Elway would get laughed out of town if they were to trade or draft a QB in the early rounds..they might bring in another veteran for backup but the job is now Tebow's to lose
    I think Elway will get laughed out of town if he doesn't bring in another QB that can take over for Tebow. The ONLY reason they win is because of defense. Tebow simply cannot throw.
    Kevin Entwistle

WGD (Worlds Greatest Dog) Cinci Redstocking "Loki", born: Jan. 22, 1999, RIP November 13, 2011
    "Lars" Chilian with the Rainmaker, born: Feb. 2, 2010

"That which you manifest is before you" (The Art of Racing in the Rain)

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Tebow can thank the Denver D for giving up an average of 13 points over the last several games
    The Broncos are rushing for 100+ yards more per game since Tebow's been starting. That eats a lot of clock, which in turn means fewer plays for the opposing team's offense. Fewer plays = fewer points. Also, Tebow has had one pick in 6 games; which means that the opposing offenses are getting the ball mostly on their own side of the field. Crappy field position = fewer points. Denver's improved D is partly a function of Tebow's success. Tebow's success is partly a function of Denver's D. That's why it is called a TEAM sport.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by LokiMeister View Post
    I think Elway will get laughed out of town if he doesn't bring in another QB that can take over for Tebow. The ONLY reason they win is because of defense. Tebow simply cannot throw.
    despite the numbers that Rodgers and Brady put up it is NOT the job of a QB to throw the ball. The job of a QB is to move the ball up the field and manage the game which Tebow does an amazing job of for being essentially a rookie. He has proven that Denver does not need to throw to make big plays and last minute drives. Denver never was a throwing team anyway so it was easy to be able to tweak the offense to cater to Tebow. 5-1 since Tebow has been starting should shut you up but here you are lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    despite the numbers that Rodgers and Brady put up it is NOT the job of a QB to throw the ball. The job of a QB is to move the ball up the field and manage the game which Tebow does an amazing job of for being essentially a rookie. He has proven that Denver does not need to throw to make big plays and last minute drives. Denver never was a throwing team anyway so it was easy to be able to tweak the offense to cater to Tebow. 5-1 since Tebow has been starting should shut you up but here you are lol...
    In today's NFL, if your goal is to win Super Bowls, your team better be great at throwing the ball or have a truely great Defense!

I don't think you will will see Brady, Rodgers, Brees or Mannings, get traded anytime soon for Tim

I really like this Dalton kid with the Bengals.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    despite the numbers that Rodgers and Brady put up it is NOT the job of a QB to throw the ball. The job of a QB is to move the ball up the field and manage the game which Tebow does an amazing job of for being essentially a rookie.
    You're kidding right?

Interesting take but you are incorrect. It is the offensive coordinator's job to move the ball up the field and manage the game. It is the quarterback's job to execute what plays the offensive coordinator puts in. If a quarterback cannot throw the ball, the offensive coordinator is severely limited in his play calling.

Why do teams spend so much time and money to verify that a guy can make all the throws at the Combine and at a guy's College Pro day? So he can just hand it off? I don't think so. This isn't high school football where the quarterback probably doesn't have the arm strength. Remember, the NFL is a PASSING league, and defensive coordinators are very good at figuring out how to stop most offensive attacks. That's one reason why the option doesn't work in the NFL, every defensive coordinator has seen the option and knows how it works and knows how to stop it.

If the Bronco's were scoring 24-30 points a game you might be right but they are getting 13 points a game. Just look at the San Diego game. They got two field goals to get to 13 points in regulation. Whooo hooo!!! 13 points. Now there's something to call home about. They won that game because of their defense, the offense struggled all game. The Broncos WILL NOT Trent Dilfer their way to a Super Bowl win with Tebow at QB this year or any year. Tim Tebow will not EVER sniff a Superbowl appearance as a starter.
    Last edited by LokiMeister; 11-29-2011 at 09:08 AM.
    Kevin Entwistle

WGD (Worlds Greatest Dog) Cinci Redstocking "Loki", born: Jan. 22, 1999, RIP November 13, 2011

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

That's one reason why the option doesn't work in the NFL, every defensive coordinator has seen the option and knows how it works and knows how to stop it.
    And the NFL defensive coordinators are so mean they won't share their secrets with the college defensive coordinators who can't seem to stop the spread offense/option, right?

It's not that the option isn't used in the NFL because it doesn't work (l5-1 and the rushing yds. Denver is putting on the board as evidence)...it isn't used because the teams are reluctant to risk the health of their QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    And the NFL defensive coordinators are so mean they won't share their secrets with the college defensive coordinators who can't seem to stop the spread offense/option, right?
    There's a different talent level in college. A lot of defenses cannot stop anything much less the option.

It's not that the option isn't used in the NFL because it doesn't work (l5-1 and the rushing yds. Denver is putting on the board as evidence)...it isn't used because the teams are reluctant to risk the health of their QB.
    Fox and Elway are using the option to hurt Tebow, that's the ticket. Get him knocked out of the game and then we can say "See, it doesn't work."

If you want to call success scoring 13 points a game, go for it. We will see how they fare against the Bears and Patriots in two and three weeks.
    Kevin Entwistle

my comments in bold...

There's a different talent level in college. A lot of defenses cannot stop anything much less the option.
    One post previous you were saying the NFL D coordinators know how to scheme against it and now you're saying it's a talent thing. Pick a side and stick with it, please.

If you want to call success scoring 13 points a game, go for it. We will see how they fare against the Bears and Patriots in two and three weeks.
    I want to call success winning the football game. You're fixated on 13, aren't ya? Of the 5 games Tebow won they scored more than 13 points in all of them.

btw, Brady and the Patriots scored 13 last week and won. They're really bad.

my comments in bold...
    I simply brought up talent about the college game because it simply isn't there to adequately defend against the option. The reasons the option doesn't work in the NFL are because defenses defend well against it.

Here are the Offensive totals for the games Tebow started:

• 15 points in regulation in 18-15 win against Miami
    • 10 points in 45-10 loss against Detroit (7 points in garbage time, but we will count them anyway.
    • 31 points in 38-24 win against Oakland (OMG, 31 points)
    • 17 points in 17-10 win against Kansas City
    • 10 points in 17-13 win against NY Jets
    • 13 points in regulation in 16-13 win against San Diego

Note: in both of the OT games, they had to get a field goal to tie. They didn't have the offense to actually win in regulation.

They are averaging 16.00 points, offensively, a game. If we take out the highest and lowest scores the average drops to 13.75 points.

The difference between New England and Denver is 13 points is a bad day for New England. With Denver it is normal to score only 13 points.

Look, Tebow is just the flavor of the day (just like Fitzpatrick from Buffalo earlier this year). He is getting lucky but his wins are wins. If Denver's defense wasn't playing so well, Tebow probably wouldn't be starting.

Again, Tim Tebow will never take a team to the promised land.
    Kevin Entwistle

Many of youhere are prolly to young to remember the Orange Crush defense we had in Denver.

They won a superbowl with a very mediocre offense

Many ways to win if you have a team effort

It's been Telly fun to watch
    Again in any event

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"