RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

National Winner, NFC Watermark's Running Back

16K views 37 replies 30 participants last post by  Big Suh 
#1 · (Edited)
Congrats to the winner!

Kudos to all the finalists, entries, handlers, owners, judges, workers, sponsors & to the Retriever News for the timely blow by blow reporting. Coverage gets better every year & is appreciated especially by those of us who tried hard but didn't get there.

#3 ·
X2!

and the Tallmans

#6 ·
And to the breeder as well Mary Tatum DVM...

Has there ever been a 3 year old retriever win the National Open?

#7 ·
Chopper I think?

#17 ·
NFC Chopper and NFC Emmitt are half brothers. Their sire: NAFC Carbon Copy of Horn Creek.

Look into the pedigrees behind some of the dogs running this year's National Open and National Amateur and you will find Carbon was well represented at both nationals.

Helen
Don't mean to hijack this thread ... I dont' know a lot about Lab pedigrees, but not totally clueless either. I've watched many of the threads on Lab sires, bloodlines and pedigrees on RTF.

It's kind of interesting to see the sire of the NFC turn out to be NOT one of the desired sires often mentioned on those threads I've read.

Don't know the pedigree of Carbon Copy of Horn Creek ... but if someone can post the infodog link, maybe I could make a connection between him and the threads I've read.

#19 ·
Don't mean to hijack this thread ... I dont' know a lot about Lab pedigrees, but not totally clueless either. I've watched many of the threads on Lab sires, bloodlines and pedigrees on RTF.

It's kind of interesting to see the sire of the NFC turn out to be NOT one of the desired sires often mentioned on those threads I've read.

Don't know the pedigree of Carbon Copy of Horn Creek ... but if someone can post the infodog link, maybe I could make a connection between him and the threads I've read.
http://huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=756

This is his pedigree

#21 ·
When I read this I had a flash of Jim moaning and groaning about the expense and trouble to get his new license plate. :p :p

Bet he doesn't complain a bit. ;)

#20 · (Edited)
Quote:

Originally Posted by frontier

And to the breeder as well Mary Tatum DVM...

Has there ever been a 3 year old retriever win the National Open?

Yep, his name was Honcho

Somewhat correct both Emmit and Honcho are 3-5 days shy of being 3 years and 10 months of age when they won Nationals, Honcho in '76 and Emmit '11. That is a thirty five year spread.
Emmit Jan 21, 2008 birth date and Honcho Jan. 23, 1976 birth date.
Much has changed in those 35 years and much has stayed the same. Quality
rises to the top for dogs, training and handlers.

Honcho is the the Great great great grandparent of the this years US National
Two fine competitors

#26 ·
How old was "Lottie"?
I think that Mike L. has won the National many times as well.
Tank,Lottie(2X),Rascal............
Big Congrads to this yrs. team and owners.
Very tough week for a baby.
Sue

her birthdate was 7/7/87 and she won the '90 NFC so that would make her 3 yrs and 4months approx

#28 ·
NAFC FC Carbon Copy of Horn Creek is the result of a repeat breeding of 96 High Point FC AFC Case Harden Colors, hence his name Carbon Copy.

Stu Mead of Edmondton Ontario was the first to recognize Carbon as a stud being the first to breed a bitch to Carbon. He bred his Turbo Tina to Carbon at least two, maybe three times with the second breeding producing NFC Chopper.

I have a 10 year old male from one of Carbon's early breedings, when he was just an AFC. My dog, who I retired at 6 because of skelital issues has a pair of Am wins and other AM and Open points and is my current duck hunting dog today.

#29 ·
NAFC FC Carbon Copy of Horn Creek is the result of a repeat breeding of 96 High Point FC AFC Case Harden Colors, hence his name Carbon Copy.

Stu Mead of Edmondton Ontario was the first to recognize Carbon as a stud being the first to breed a bitch to Carbon.
Think you might mean ..... Edmonton, Alberta! :)

#31 ·
Congratulations to Emmit, his owners, and Jim Gonia.

I have dreamed many times that I owned a dog who got qualified for the National at a very young age, then the dog goes on to get on a roll and win it all......but then I wake up to my reality.

That's fantastic. We look forward to watching this young dog add to this great accomplishment in the future.

#34 ·
Very happy for Cynthia...she is a good person who has a very special dog. I hope she keeps smiling for many years to come. Emmitt is now part of history!

Bill

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.