The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grady Video

Default Grady Video

I searched Youtube without success.... Does anyone know if there is any video of Grady running out there? Trial, National, Training, anything really.
    God, Family, Country & LSU Football.

I haven't seen one...but I'd really like to.
    Put that in your pipe and smoke it

I would love to see a video of Grady.
    I read on here about all the great FC's and I wish I could see them. It would be nice to be able to see what they look like, kind of put a face with the name.
    I understand why there is very little or no footage of champions 20 + years ago. But nearly everybody has a camcorder now and yet very few pics or vids are available. (I'm not talking just about Grady, but of FC's in general)
    Redstars Hayseed Bo ..... "Butch"

It is H-A-R-D to video field trial work!!!! The guys who have the professional equipment do a good job, but that has not happened even at the national in the past 5 years or so. For one, the photographer has to stay out of the way of the working dogs, which also means out of the action. Even when just training in our area, I have yet to get a really good video of the dogs running a set of marks. About all you can do is film the handler and dog at the line. We have a couple of good vids of blinds too, but that involved having one person shooting from behind the line and another standing on a truck parallel to the line to the blind. Anyway, I think that is why we don't see too much video of the big dogs running. Anybody can film yard work and training, but the big set ups, not so much.
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

Watching Grady run is a beautiful thing, but a video would not do it justice. There is no way that you would be able to feel him thunder past to pick up a mark, or see the dirt fly up as he changes direction on a blind.

I am a true believer that if you love these animals you need to go see them in person. It is like being able to go watch Michael Jordan play for the bulls...It only happens for a short period of time and when Grady tells Chad it is time to stop, it is over. All the video in the world won't replicate it.
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

Senior Member Sundown49 aka Otey B's Avatar

Thumbs up

I don't have a video of Grady but I do have a GREAT pic (I think) of his launch on a water mark. He is about 20 feet past leaving and about 4 feet above the water when this pic was raken when I had the opportunity to throw marks for Chad .
    My Dad said to me ."Son, a man just needs three things to be happy....A good dog, a good gun and a good wife.....Thank God I have all three
    Sundown's Boss of Delta Marsh JH (Louie QAA X Delta MH)
    Traveling Through The Graded Timber JH (2012 NAFC Trav X Timber MH QAA)

Sundown's Ruff And Tuff (Boss JH X Lil Bit) best pup I have ever raised
    Home of HRCH Sundown's Loaded To The Maxx (FC AFC Jamie X Dixie QAA) RIP
    www.sundownlabs.com

Thumbs up

Here is the return on the mark above. Sounded like a freight train coming and he just bobbed his head and picked up mark....
    My Dad said to me ."Son, a man just needs three things to be happy....A good dog, a good gun and a good wife.....Thank God I have all three

www.sundownlabs.com

I have a couple of videos of HT's, training and 1 FT video. I just don't know how to post on RTF. Not that great of quality, like it was said hard to get a good shot without being in the way. Also a FT quad in the water makes for a very long video. I shot it in three shorter ones.

Pictures are easier at least!

I really hope someone can find a way to post a video of him!

Thumbs up

I have always liked to be a thrower for marks for GREAT dogs. It is indescriable how they come roaring up from 3 or 4 hundred yards away and KNOW which blade of grass to pick up the mark from. Grady is one of the great ones. I also have had the privilege of training with Steve and Emily and Jamie and Eve. It is amazing what our wonderful dogs are capable of. One of the high points I have experienced was taking birds from the judges at an Open. I was awestruck with all of the dogs and considered it the best learning experience for me as a handler just watching the handlers running the event.

www.sundownlabs.com