The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 56

Thread: 2011 NFL MVP Debate gdg

  1. #11
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    Be careful what you wish for you just might get it.

    PS God is only concerned with Tebow Tebow Tebow.......
    Bring it!!!!


    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  2. #12
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,684

    Default

    Comparing Marino to Brees or vice versa takes some of the luster off when you realize that Tom Brady will more than likely break the 5K yd plateau in passing stats next week...Rodgers also has a passer rating of 122.5 compared to Brees at 108.4

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/pl...1/seasontype/2
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  3. #13
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Comparing Marino to Brees or vice versa takes some of the luster off when you realize that Tom Brady will more than likely break the 5K yd plateau in passing stats next week...Rodgers also has a passer rating of 122.5 compared to Brees at 108.4

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/pl...1/seasontype/2
    45 TD's with only 6 int's.
    122.5 QB rating
    9.25 yards per catch
    14-1 record

    Why is Rodgers even in the conversation?


    Clearly this is between Brees & Brady.

    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  4. #14
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,800

    Default

    Brees will probably beat his NFL Passer Percentage record he set in 09 as he is currently close to 71%!

    Brees would be the first one to say that records and awards are secondary to winning the the whole enchalada.

    Like 09, I can see where the Saints win it all and beating the MVP selected QB along the way, though I think Brees has a good shot at winning it this season.

    No team is playing better down the stretch than Brees'. If the Saints get pass the Wildcard round, beat the 49ers at Candlestick, I don't think there is a team that can beat them. Not with that power running game and the most accurate QB in league history pulling the trigger!

    What about the high probability that the Giants and Eli travel to GB in the Divisional round? Giants, like the Saints save their best for the tougher teams.

    Anything can happen and there is still a lot of Football to be played!
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

  5. #15
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Brees will probably beat his NFL Passer Percentage record he set in 09 as he is currently close to 71%!

    Brees would be the first one to say that records and awards are secondary to winning the the whole enchalada.

    Like 09, I can see where the Saints win it all and beating the MVP selected QB along the way, though I think Brees has a good shot at winning it this season.

    No team is playing better down the stretch than Brees'. If the Saints get pass the Wildcard round, beat the 49ers at Candlestick, I don't think there is a team that can beat them. Not with that power running game and the most accurate QB in league history pulling the trigger!

    What about the high probability that the Giants and Eli travel to GB in the Divisional round? Giants, like the Saints save their best for the tougher teams.

    Anything can happen and there is still a lot of Football to be played!
    If in one hand.............


    IF the Saints make it to Lambeau, I think the Packers will be ready.

    Did the Saints and Packers play earlier this year???

    The Saints are a very good football team, no doubt.
    But I would be careful dismissing the Packers at Lambeau.
    May not be the gimmee you think..........



    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  6. #16
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    If in one hand.............


    IF the Saints make it to Lambeau, I think the Packers will be ready.

    Did the Saints and Packers play earlier this year???



    RK
    Yes they did and the game was decided on the last play of the game! And, I certainly don't think that if they paly it would be a gimme.

    Remember, the Pack came out smoking hot in the first quarter but, in the final three quarters of that game the Saints outscroed the Packers 28 to 17. Also, the Packers fortune goes the way of Rodgers. Though I said here on RTF before the season that Rodgers is the league's current best QB, if he is not having a good game, the Packers have zero running game to help them out. And, their secondary can be thrown on.

    Two good teams and lots of speculation by fans!

    Now, back to the ESPN College Football Boards where LSU and Bama fans are taunting one another in a supreme trash-talking marathon!
    Last edited by Franco; 12-27-2011 at 10:32 AM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

  7. #17
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,769

    Default

    Does anyone know who the starting QB is for the NFC in the Pro-Bowl??


    Just askin'..........

    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  8. #18
    Senior Member Lucky Number Seven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Saukville, WI
    Posts
    638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Does anyone know who the starting QB is for the NFC in the Pro-Bowl??


    Just askin'..........

    RK
    BOOM!!!

    Along with 6 others to make 7 players from Green Bay to be picked for the Pro Bowl, 4 being starters.
    Last edited by Lucky Number Seven; 12-28-2011 at 07:22 AM.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,800

    Default

    Brees played 3 quarters today, threw for 380 plus yards and 5 TD's! Saints ran the ball for over 200 yards as well.

    He led the Saints to the all time Most Yards in a Season by an Offense in the NFL!
    Saints set an NFL record for most points scored is a season!
    He set the NFL record for most consecutive 300 yard games!
    Set the NFL record for Completion percentage braking his own record set in 09!
    Set NFL record for most 1st downs!
    Set NFL record for 3rd Down conversions!
    Set NFL record for most games with at least 20 completions!
    Only four Games behind Johnny Unitas for consecutive games with a TD pass!
    Topped Marino's record for passing yards in 15 games!

    helped Darrin Sproles to the alltime most all purpose yards in the NFL and last I checked, Jimmy Graham set the all time yardage mark by a Tight End topping Kellin Winslow's record!
    Last edited by Franco; 01-01-2012 at 04:00 PM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

  10. #20
    Senior Member duk4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NE Texas
    Posts
    2,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Brees played 3 quarters today, threw for 380 plus yards and 5 TD's! Saints ran the ball for over 200 yards as well.

    He led the Saints to the all time Most Yards in a Season by an Offense in the NFL!
    Saints set an NFL record for most points scored is a season!
    He set the NFL record for most consecutive 300 yard games!
    Set the NFL record for Completion percentage braking his own record set in 09!
    Set NFL record for most 1st downs!
    Set NFL record for 3rd Down conversions!
    Set NFL record for most games with at least 20 completions!
    Only four Games behind Johnny Unitas for consecutive games with a TD pass!
    Topped Marino's record for passing yards in 15 games!

    helped Darrin Sproles to the alltime most all purpose yards in the NFL and last I checked, Jimmy Graham set the all time yardage mark by a Tight End topping Kellin Winslow's record!
    It's amazing that Brees is so dang lucky everything seems to go his way.

    Note to Jerry Jones Dumbarse you could have had the coach and the quarterback......oh yeah Brees and Payton are just so lucky.....
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •