The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 56

Thread: 2011 NFL MVP Debate gdg

  1. #21
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Brees played 3 quarters today, threw for 380 plus yards and 5 TD's! Saints ran the ball for over 200 yards as well.

    He led the Saints to the all time Most Yards in a Season by an Offense in the NFL!
    Saints set an NFL record for most points scored is a season!
    He set the NFL record for most consecutive 300 yard games!
    Set the NFL record for Completion percentage braking his own record set in 09!
    Set NFL record for most 1st downs!
    Set NFL record for 3rd Down conversions!
    Set NFL record for most games with at least 20 completions!
    Only four Games behind Johnny Unitas for consecutive games with a TD pass!
    Topped Marino's record for passing yards in 15 games!

    helped Darrin Sproles to the alltime most all purpose yards in the NFL and last I checked, Jimmy Graham set the all time yardage mark by a Tight End topping Kellin Winslow's record!
    in most years those stats alone would be enough to to easily win the MVP award...but when you have an Aaron Rodgers who has led his team to 21 of 22 games with a win including a SB victory, its going to be hard to unseat him the current top QB...don't know if the voting has already taken place or if it done like the Pro Bowl selections, but it will probably be the closest of all time, and whoever wins it will be deserving and will congratulate the runner up because both are class individuals
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  2. #22
    Senior Member duk4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NE Texas
    Posts
    2,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    in most years those stats alone would be enough to to easily win the MVP award...but when you have an Aaron Rodgers who has led his team to 21 of 22 games with a win including a SB victory, its going to be hard to unseat him the current top QB...don't know if the voting has already taken place or if it done like the Pro Bowl selections, but it will probably be the closest of all time, and whoever wins it will be deserving and will congratulate the runner up because both are class individuals
    Good post except one thing. Last year don't count. The big three are incredible but they all benefit from the rule changes. still the windows those guys put the balls through are unbelieveable
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

  3. #23
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Brees played 3 quarters today, threw for 380 plus yards and 5 TD's! Saints ran the ball for over 200 yards as well.

    He led the Saints to the all time Most Yards in a Season by an Offense in the NFL!
    Saints set an NFL record for most points scored is a season!
    He set the NFL record for most consecutive 300 yard games!
    Set the NFL record for Completion percentage braking his own record set in 09!
    Set NFL record for most 1st downs!
    Set NFL record for 3rd Down conversions!
    Set NFL record for most games with at least 20 completions!
    Only four Games behind Johnny Unitas for consecutive games with a TD pass!
    Topped Marino's record for passing yards in 15 games!

    helped Darrin Sproles to the alltime most all purpose yards in the NFL and last I checked, Jimmy Graham set the all time yardage mark by a Tight End topping Kellin Winslow's record!
    All that fabulous, unbelievable, super human stuff will get him 2nd or 3rd place in the MVP voting!!




    RK
    Last edited by road kill; 01-01-2012 at 04:37 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

  4. #24
    Senior Member starjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Brees played 3 quarters today, threw for 380 plus yards and 5 TD's! Saints ran the ball for over 200 yards as well.

    He led the Saints to the all time Most Yards in a Season by an Offense in the NFL!
    Saints set an NFL record for most points scored is a season!
    He set the NFL record for most consecutive 300 yard games!
    Set the NFL record for Completion percentage braking his own record set in 09!
    Set NFL record for most 1st downs!
    Set NFL record for 3rd Down conversions!
    Set NFL record for most games with at least 20 completions!
    Only four Games behind Johnny Unitas for consecutive games with a TD pass!
    Topped Marino's record for passing yards in 15 games!

    helped Darrin Sproles to the alltime most all purpose yards in the NFL and last I checked, Jimmy Graham set the all time yardage mark by a Tight End topping Kellin Winslow's record!
    So if brees goes down and rodgers go down . Then the pack has whats his name Matt Flynn

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    2,101

    Default

    Going into this week I thought Rodgers was the MVP by a slight margin, watching what Green Bay did with Rodgers on the sidelines firmly changed my opinion. Brees is the MVP.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,738

    Default

    In 09 when Manning won MVP, Brees had a higher QB rating. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. P Manning had that 15 - 1 regular season and the Saints were 13 - 3. We all know what that 15 - 1 record got them in the SB.

    Matt Flynn, good QB. Followed him all through college Wonder which team he'll be playing for next season since his contract is up and I'm sure he wants to start. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in a Broncos or Dophins uniform. Oh, and the Saints have a running game.

    Here you go Bon:
    Not so fast, counters Boomer Esiason, one of 50 voters on a nationwide panel of media members. Days before Brees smashed Dan Marino's 27-year-old record for single-season passing yardage, the CBS analyst and former MVP quarterback said: "It's really close right now, but it is Drew Brees' award to lose."

    MNgundog, I don't see how Brees doesn't get the award. What he has accomplished is beyond great!
    Last edited by Franco; 01-01-2012 at 09:35 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

  7. #27
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,579

    Default

    Dan Marino's passing record(for yardage) was better by both Brees and Tom Brady, and almost bettered by a third in Stafford
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  8. #28
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Dan Marino's passing record(for yardage) was better by both Brees and Tom Brady, and almost bettered by a third in Stafford
    Using mngundog's logic, the record is tainted.

    I mean if Rodgers is out of consideration becuase Flynn had a great game, then conversely Brees is out becuase Brady & Stafford had great seasons!!!


    See what I'm sayin'.........

    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    2,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Using mngundog's logic, the record is tainted.

    I mean if Rodgers is out of consideration becuase Flynn had a great game, then conversely Brees is out becuase Brady & Stafford had great seasons!!!


    See what I'm sayin'.........

    RK
    Didn't say he was out of consideration, just said that I thought that game put Brees in the lead. I had said previous lead I had them neck and neck there stats are both impressive. Flynn got put in against a quality opponent and did a great job with that offense, did he not? I don't think a backup could be inserted into the Saints offense with similar results.

  10. #30
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Didn't say he was out of consideration, just said that I thought that game put Brees in the lead. I had said previous lead I had them neck and neck there stats are both impressive. Flynn got put in against a quality opponent and did a great job with that offense, did he not? I don't think a backup could be inserted into the Saints offense with similar results.
    In all honesty, that was the second most fun Packer game I ever saw.

    The expectations were low and the results were fun to watch.


    The most fun Packer game ever??
    A Monday night game between the Redskins and the Packers.

    It's a whole new season now, the playoffs (called vacation in Chicago and MN) and it appears (based on what I read here) its the Saints SB trophy.


    Should be easy for the Saints really.

    I mean the have Detroit at home (a turf team BTW) and then on to that chump team San Fran (outdoors on grass) and then the Packers probably shouldn't even show up at Lambeau, on turf and freakin' cold!!!


    Who knows, since Flynn is hot, maybe they should just play him!!~!!

    Looks like a cakewalk for the Saints to me.
    I know Clay Matthews is afraid.





    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •