The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Training a retreiver puppy by Hillmann ?

Default Training a retreiver puppy by Hillmann ?

for those of you who are familiar, how far does the video go in the development of the pup. It is quite pricey and also wanted to know if it is worth the $$$

Hopefully someone can post the contents or something to let you know how far it goes.

I'll say this about the $$$...

Buying a quality product and getting the right start for your pup at $129 is so much cheaper than fixing problems that develop from trying to save money with inferior or less complete products.

A quality training program is an investment in your puppy.

Plus, you can likely sell the think used in a few months for $90-100. So net cost will be $30-40. Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by arklahunter View Post
    for those of you who are familiar, how far does the video go in the development of the pup. It is quite pricey and also wanted to know if it is worth the $$$
    It stops at about the point in the dogs training where in a Carr based program flowchart you would be doing the back pile work.......I loved how he got the pup there and I can't wait for the follow up to that DVD.

Yes, it is quite pricey, but the value is in its ability to reach this point and stiil have "ALL" the dog there that you began with............

john
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

my pup is 13weeks. been working with her but looking for a solid system. is it too late to start her on this

Quote Originally Posted by arklahunter View Post
    my pup is 13weeks. been working with her but looking for a solid system. is it too late to start her on this
    Not at all........
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

The Hillman puppy training video brings the pup up to doing steady doubles.And lays the foundation for force fetch.You will have a nice dog on completion without any negative issues .Well worth the money..

I just ordered it from what i hear its worth every dime

I am about 2 weeks into it with my pup who will be 4 months next week! She has been doing fantastic and I really like the program! If the pup does not pick up on a days lesson just repeat it and work at your own pace as it is not a race! I can throw a mark and my pup won't move till released! No pressure at all just fun learning for the dog! Worth the money and can resell as mentioned!!! Really looking forward to getting into basics with this pup as he will be more than ready!

Chris

Just ordered it... I guess if i'm going to do this myself no sense skimping on the most important part... Still less than half of one month with a trainer

Got the complate set for Chtistmas from my wife.

Looking forward to trying it with the new puppy this spring.

Everyone I have talked to about the program has spoken highly of it.
    Richard Gravely