The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What if I get an MH on my dog in two AKC venues?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    I dont know,,But I think Gooser would call Ya a "Show Off!

And You would definatly earn the Complimentry "YOU SUCK" award!!

Goosie
    LOL!!!! Happy New Year Gooser!

Angie

Senior Member Elliott Labradors's Avatar

Hi Angie,

I'm not capable of answering many questions on this forum but since I am from the state with the Boykin as the state dog I can answer this one. It's actually already been answered, but to confirm, the MH would be awarded for the upland work and the MHR would be awarded for the retriever work.

The Boykin is a nice little dog and South Carolina has some very sincere Boykin breeders.

Hope this helps,

Wally
    Elliott's Amazing Grace Of Diamond E MH, CGC
    HRCH Elliott's Rockin' Roxy MH, CGC
    HR Elliott's Carolina Thorne MH, CGC
    Elliott's Dixie Lou MH
    Elliott's Carolina Duchess MH, CGC
    Elliott's Armbrook Go Tell It On The Mountain JH
    Elliott's Armbrook Lilly Of The Valley JH
    Elliott's Armbrook Set My Soul Afire JH
    Elliott's Armbrook Living By Faith JH

www.ElliottLabradors.com

America would be a different place at sundown if we all started with a devotion at sunup! Wally Elliott

Quote Originally Posted by Elliott Labradors View Post
    Hi Angie,

I'm not capable of answering many questions on this forum but since I am from the state with the Boykin as the state dog I can answer this one. It's actually already been answered, but to confirm, the MH would be awarded for the upland work and the MHR would be awarded for the retriever work.

The Boykin is a nice little dog and South Carolina has some very sincere Boykin breeders.

Hope this helps,

Wally
    Wally, South Carolina doesn't have the only sincere and reputable breeders... Of course, Angie already knows that...
    Terrie Tomlinson
    Frontier Retrievers
    HR Five Star Winning Sue SH
    Young Guns: Frontier's True Grit With a Cause "Rooster" and Frontier's Gossip Girl With A Cause "Gabby"
    Boykin Spaniels: Max, Scarlet, Rummy, Jewels, Bella, Molly, and Piper

In Memory:
    HRCH Frontier's Cherokee Rebel MH (5-9-2000 to 12-6-2011)
    Moonstone's Little Girl Found MH (3-20-1998 to 5-2-2008)
    Calebri's Take the Money and Run JH (3-3-2008 to 6-20-2012)

I will let you know.....going to try to do it with a curly this year

Angie,

Was your Boykin the only spaniel to run?

When I first got into NAHRA there was a guy who would bring out his FC Springers. His dogs would do the tests we set up, just not the same way our retrievers did. I'm not sure how they would be judged by AKC Retriever HT judges. The Springers tend to want to always use their nose on marks and blinds. They did great on the NAHRA trails!

Tom
    Tom Wall

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by twall View Post
    Angie,

Was your Boykin the only spaniel to run?

When I first got into NAHRA there was a guy who would bring out his FC Springers. His dogs would do the tests we set up, just not the same way our retrievers did. I'm not sure how they would be judged by AKC Retriever HT judges. The Springers tend to want to always use their nose on marks and blinds. They did great on the NAHRA trails!

Tom
    Tom, at our test there was a fella with 3 boykins entered. They did exactly as you describe. The one I have in training now has me a believer!! I got him right at 6 months and I taught him to mark with his eyes and not trail with his nose. His trainability and water attitude can match any retriever on the truck. Plus he can flat out mark. I'm serious. This particular fella is out of CH bitch and a dog that guides for a game farm. His structure and type is wonderful.

I told everyone that his breed was what I was going to get when I was an old lady and couldn't handle a big lab anymore, but that's so far down the road I can't wait that long...

p.s. We don't let Hank look in any mirrors or shiny surfaces we let him think he's a lab...

Hank, the duck dog....

Could you not kiss the cheeks right off of this guy?? I'm in Love!!! Don't tell Bernie the chessie.... LOL

Angie
    Last edited by Angie B; 01-02-2012 at 05:58 PM.

Could you not kiss the cheeks right off of this guy??
    Nope

Howard Niemi

You really gotta be careful about how high a pedestal you put your method, your accomplishments, your dog on. There's usually someone who's done more, somewhere. And they may have used a different method than you did! Chris Atkinson 2013

get your dog out and TRAIN! caryalsobrook 2013

Do theys flair their ears like that just before theys a gonna rip yer liver out??????

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Yep stork lady gets my vote gitter er done! Always said when I grow up I wanted to be able to look stork lady in the EYE!
    Rooker

Quote Originally Posted by Angie B View Post
    Tom, at our test there was a fella with 3 boykins entered. They did exactly as you describe. The one I have in training now has me a believer!! I got him right at 6 months and I taught him to mark with his eyes and not trail with his nose. His trainability and water attitude can match any retriever on the truck. Plus he can flat out mark. I'm serious. This particular fella is out of CH bitch and a dog that guides for a game farm. His structure and type is wonderful.

I told everyone that his breed was what I was going to get when I was an old lady and couldn't handle a big lab anymore, but that's so far down the road I can't wait that long...

p.s. We don't let Hank look in any mirrors or shiny surfaces we let him think he's a lab...

Hank, the duck dog....

Could you not kiss the cheeks right off of this guy?? I'm in Love!!! Don't tell Bernie the chessie.... LOL

Angie
    w. price

Angie,

I was always impressed with the Setters' and Pointers' ability I have seen. Their owners play a different game than we do. But, the dogs are good!

I had the chance one time to participate in the field demonstration for an AKC Sporting Group Judges Institute. Every breed except the Weim's were represented. Every dog was a CH and had either an advanced HT or FC/AFC. It was very neat to see ALL those breeds do what they were orginally developed for.

The light deadgrass bitch in my avatar was the chessie. After doing water marks Annie Clark had judges come over and put their hands on her and see that her skin was dry. They saw what a proper coat was and how it functioned.

Tom
    Tom Wall