The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Our economic future

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    (BTW, FWIW, even if ALL U.S. citizens were taxed 100% of their income, it would still not be enough to BALANCE the Federal Budget! You won't see that published in the Democratically infested MSM. And you noticed I mentioned this is just to BALANCE our budget...AND NOTHING IS BEING DONE TO REDUCE THE DEBT)
    UB
    Not sure where you get this but Fed Budget is what $3.7 trillion? In 2010, US incomes were $12 trillion. Check out the link below.

http://bber.unm.edu/econ/us-tpi.htm
    Kevin Entwistle

WGD (Worlds Greatest Dog) Cinci Redstocking "Loki", born: Jan. 22, 1999, RIP November 13, 2011
    "Lars" Chilian with the Rainmaker, born: Feb. 2, 2010

"That which you manifest is before you" (The Art of Racing in the Rain)

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by LokiMeister View Post
    Not sure where you get this but Fed Budget is what $3.7 trillion? In 2010, US incomes were $12 trillion. Check out the link below.

http://bber.unm.edu/econ/us-tpi.htm
    Well, if the Federal Gov't. had $12 trillion, what do you think they would do??

My guess is spend $13 trillion!!
    (at least)

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Politics/D...spx?id=1529098

Some might find this interesting. Note one poster says that Ron P. has been doing this for a long while. Every penney counts people.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    http://www.onenewsnow.com/Politics/D...spx?id=1529098

Some might find this interesting. Note one poster says that Ron P. has been doing this for a long while. Every penney counts people.
    Want to talk about a real American Patriot, RP has delivered several hundred babies at his OBGYN practice in Texas to medicade mothers and has yet to bill the Feds for the first baby!
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

If you don't care about your own economic future enough to accept a little pain, don't expect the person trying to get your vote to care beyond a sound bite. Carol on another thread talked of economic reality, live where you want to & learn to get by with what comes in . What you have to be conscious of is your own family preparing themselves to cope. Not everyone can be born with the silver spoon as Chelsea has apparently been. A paying gig on a major MSM outlet (her performance reminded me of Carolyn Kennedy ) & a directorship that pays 300K a year. There are people out there that are qualified for those jobs but they will go more & more to those with the right connections. Such as the retiring big shots from government.

Computerization has caused some of this - went to get a Quit Claim deed @ the Auditor's office, hand her the number, she pulls it up on the screen, runs a copy & says pay the lady over there. Less than 2 minutes where in the old days it would have been 15-30 minutes in an efficient office. A BA degree in many disciplines is barely worth the paper it's printed on, the only one profiting from that transaction is the Higher? Ed folks.

When BHO can stiff the bondholders & Bernanke can ZIRP the old folks that made this country what it is there is something fundamentally wrong. Don't expect it to be corrected overnight, if in fact there is enough talent willing to do that thankless task. It's not something I would want to undertake. We will just live within the ground rules, watch our P's & Q's stay diversified & see where that takes us. If you had a stock account regardless of who runs it that didn't do in the 10% area between Jan 1 & Feb 3, you might want to look into that.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    If you don't care about your own economic future enough to accept a little pain, don't expect the person trying to get your vote to care beyond a sound bite. Carol on another thread talked of economic reality, live where you want to & learn to get by with what comes in . What you have to be conscious of is your own family preparing themselves to cope. Not everyone can be born with the silver spoon as Chelsea has apparently been. A paying gig on a major MSM outlet (her performance reminded me of Carolyn Kennedy ) & a directorship that pays 300K a year. There are people out there that are qualified for those jobs but they will go more & more to those with the right connections. Such as the retiring big shots from government.

Computerization has caused some of this - went to get a Quit Claim deed @ the Auditor's office, hand her the number, she pulls it up on the screen, runs a copy & says pay the lady over there. Less than 2 minutes where in the old days it would have been 15-30 minutes in an efficient office. A BA degree in many disciplines is barely worth the paper it's printed on, the only one profiting from that transaction is the Higher? Ed folks.

When BHO can stiff the bondholders & Bernanke can ZIRP the old folks that made this country what it is there is something fundamentally wrong. Don't expect it to be corrected overnight, if in fact there is enough talent willing to do that thankless task. It's not something I would want to undertake. We will just live within the ground rules, watch our P's & Q's stay diversified & see where that takes us. If you had a stock account regardless of who runs it that didn't do in the 10% area between Jan 1 & Feb 3, you might want to look into that.
    I have jobs - wage 1 bowl rice 2 times a day. Housing - no water, sewage, heat or cooling provided

See we have to be competive so we can make more for less and buy things with our profit...and our workers support the rice industry

Obviously others think she is worth it too

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I am still kinda interested how we could "literally walk across lake Erie???"

Having been stationed in Ashtubula in the 70's, I know it didn't happen then when I was there.

Or do you mean because it was frozen?

Or, or you angry with me for calling Bravo Sierra??

I realize I don't articulate well, but I am still interested in an answer.

RK
    Hey Buzz,

Is this lake Erie???

Now I understand...........

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 02-07-2012 at 11:18 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis