The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Our economic future

[quote=sambo;919316]I'm not saying that unions and their leadership have not abused their power at times. As have the company their members work for, but all in all, the unions help protect their members jobs. See we can't count on government to help, because dollars from corporations bought and paid for the ablity to take these jobs overseas. This same free trade brought unfair competition, too. So I ask you, do you think the polices regarding trade and the tax enviornment did a lot for allowing these companies to move work overseas. If you do, then I suggest you realign yourself with who the unions are supporting.[/quote]

The UAW supports poor workmanship/quality, over-paid Labor and higher prices to the consumer.

Why do you think Mercedes Benz built thier plant in Alabama, Nissan in Mississippi, Toyota in Arkansas? While GM closed their plant in Louisiana?

The auto mfg poised to win in the future are in the Right To Work states!
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

[QUOTE=Franco;919326]
    Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    I'm not saying that unions and their leadership have not abused their power at times. As have the company their members work for, but all in all, the unions help protect their members jobs. See we can't count on government to help, because dollars from corporations bought and paid for the ablity to take these jobs overseas. This same free trade brought unfair competition, too. So I ask you, do you think the polices regarding trade and the tax enviornment did a lot for allowing these companies to move work overseas. If you do, then I suggest you realign yourself with who the unions are supporting.[/quote]

The UAW supports poor workmanship/quality, over-paid Labor and higher prices to the consumer.

Why do you think Mercedes Benz built thier plant in Alabama, Nissan in Mississippi, Toyota in Arkansas? While GM closed their plant in Louisiana?

Last time I looked, those plants in those right to work states were organized with union workers. Must be a reason for that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Problem is the fact that we do not have Free Trade here is the USA. We may attempt to compete with other countries but because of all the regs and cost of labor, we have to compete with one arm tied behind our back and our legs severed at the knees!
    Yes. It is a damn shame that some Americans believe in safe work places, clean water, clean air, and a living wage.

Too bad we can't dump waste on the ground or down the drain and house workers who are paid slave like wages in dormitories like the Chinese do. We would be very competitive if we could...

I long for the days when you could literally walk across Lake Erie and the paint on your car got removed by acid rain!

Hang the bass tards who passed those regulations...
    Last edited by Buzz; 02-06-2012 at 12:37 PM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Yes. It is a damn shame that some Americans believe in safe work places, clean water, clean air, and a living wage.

Too bad we can't dump waste on the ground or down the drain and house workers who are paid slave like wages in dormitories like the Chinese do. We would be very competitive if we could...

I long for the days when you could literally walk across Lake Erie and the paint on your car got removed by acid rain!

Hmmmmmm.....interesting logic.

So, here in Wisconsin, now that the bargaining rights of the Stae Union is gone are you assuming the state jobs will be exposed to these dastardly dangerous situations?

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You gonna be here all week???

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 02-06-2012 at 12:43 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Hmmmmmm.....interesting logic.

So, here in Wisconsin, now that the bargaining rights of the Stae Union is gone are you assuming the state jobs will be exposed to these dastardly dangerous situations?

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You gonna be here all week???

RK
    I was responding to Franco's comment. I didn't say anything about Wisconsin and neither did he in his comment...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

I was responding to Franco's comment. I didn't say anything about Wisconsin and neither did he in his comment...
    You were speaking about regulations on industry.

Not referencing facts, but trying to trump up a non existant scenario.
    For an example, when could one "literally walk across lake Erie???"

I simply pointed out, using facts, that your scenarios don't hold water.

But then, you already know that!!

However, if you meant something entirely different, my apologies for not knowing that.

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 02-06-2012 at 01:30 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

What does having a competitve workforce have to do with a safe workplace or clean air? Apples to oranges.

Living wage? I would say for the quality of their work, their educational level combined with all their benefits and pensions that they are grossly overpaid thus rendering the car mfg industry to the government teat for survival.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Living wage? I would say for the quality of their work, their educational level combined with all their benefits and pensions that they are grossly overpaid thus rendering the car mfg industry to the government teat for survival.

Sounds a lot like class envy to me...

I am still kinda interested how we could "literally walk across lake Erie???"

Having been stationed in Ashtubula in the 70's, I know it didn't happen then when I was there.

Or do you mean because it was frozen?

Or, or you angry with me for calling Bravo Sierra??

I realize I don't articulate well, but I am still interested in an answer.

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 02-07-2012 at 11:07 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

[QUOTE=Franco;919326]
    Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    I'm not saying that unions and their leadership have not abused their power at times. As have the company their members work for, but all in all, the unions help protect their members jobs. See we can't count on government to help, because dollars from corporations bought and paid for the ablity to take these jobs overseas. This same free trade brought unfair competition, too. So I ask you, do you think the polices regarding trade and the tax enviornment did a lot for allowing these companies to move work overseas. If you do, then I suggest you realign yourself with who the unions are supporting.[/quote]

Does anyone know who John Patterson is?

He once said " Industry is cheap. It is laziness that costs."

RK
    Stan b & Elvis