The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

Thread: Hey, OBAMA!!! Time to get off the pot!

Default Hey, OBAMA!!! Time to get off the pot!

We've already heard your attempts at 'getting the job done', so we are wise to your lies and obfuscations. Just move aside, and let Americans take care of the situation.

UB

Senator John Hoeven Versus Obama

Rob PortJanuary 30, 2012

I am often very, very critical of Senator John Hoeven, but in Washington he’s taking on the Obama administration over the Keystone XL pipeline, and asserting Congress’ authority over the matter under the Constitution, and for that he deserves sincere thanks from conservatives and Americans in general.

As governor of North Dakota, Hoeven was rarely out in front of any controversial issue. So imagine my surprise to see the Senator, just beginning his second year in Washington DC, staring down the President over a very controversial energy project.
    (Reuters) – Republican Senator John Hoeven is set to introduce legislation on Monday seeking to bypass President Barack Obama and empower Congress to approve the controversial Keystone XL pipeline, an aide said on Friday.

Obama put TransCanada’s $7 billion Canada-to-Texas pipeline on ice last week, saying that the administration needed more time to review its environmental impacts.

Hoeven’s bill would seek to put Congress effectively in control of the pipeline decision and take it away from the Obama administration.

But any such measure faces the steep hurdle of having to be approved by the Democratic-controlled Senate. And even if it did, it would have to be signed by the president in order to become law.
    It’s true that Senator Hoeven’s bill faces stiff opposition in the Senate, but it already has no fewer than 44 co-sponsors including West Virginia Democrat Joe Manchin. Of course, Manchin is the only Democrat on board with the bill so far, and assuming that the legislation can get both cloture and a majority to pass in the Senate, it would still need to get President Obama’s signature.

And it seems unlikely that the President is going to sign off on a bill that takes the Keystone decision out of his hands.

Even so, forcing Obama to make that decision does put lie to many of the claims he’s been making lately, particularly in his state of the union address. Obama told us that he’s for the expansion of energy production, and that he’s for infrastructure projects that will re-vitalize our economy. Well the Keystone pipeline would bring oil to US markets from our friendly trading partners to the north, and it would also facilitate the transport of oil to market from North Dakota’s own Bakken oil fields, all while providing thousands upon thousands of jobs in both building and maintaining the new pipeline.

New pipeline, by the way, that would join thousands of miles of pipeline already existing in the United States. From the way the Obama administration has used “study” and “review” to justify delays in approving the Keystone pipeline you’d get the feeling that TransCanada was trying to pull off something equivalent to the moon landing. It’s not true. We already have pipelines like the Keystone XL in the United States. This would be an expansion of existing infrastructure.

There’s no reason for delay. Hoeven’s efforts forces our obstructionist President to make a decision.
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    We've already heard your attempts at 'getting the job done', so we are wise to your lies and obfuscations. Just move aside, and let Americans take care of the situation.

UB

Senator John Hoeven Versus Obama

Rob PortJanuary 30, 2012

I am often very, very critical of Senator John Hoeven, but in Washington he’s taking on the Obama administration over the Keystone XL pipeline, and asserting Congress’ authority over the matter under the Constitution, and for that he deserves sincere thanks from conservatives and Americans in general.

As governor of North Dakota, Hoeven was rarely out in front of any controversial issue. So imagine my surprise to see the Senator, just beginning his second year in Washington DC, staring down the President over a very controversial energy project.
    (Reuters) – Republican Senator John Hoeven is set to introduce legislation on Monday seeking to bypass President Barack Obama and empower Congress to approve the controversial Keystone XL pipeline, an aide said on Friday.

Obama put TransCanada’s $7 billion Canada-to-Texas pipeline on ice last week, saying that the administration needed more time to review its environmental impacts.

Hoeven’s bill would seek to put Congress effectively in control of the pipeline decision and take it away from the Obama administration.

But any such measure faces the steep hurdle of having to be approved by the Democratic-controlled Senate. And even if it did, it would have to be signed by the president in order to become law.
    It’s true that Senator Hoeven’s bill faces stiff opposition in the Senate, but it already has no fewer than 44 co-sponsors including West Virginia Democrat Joe Manchin. Of course, Manchin is the only Democrat on board with the bill so far, and assuming that the legislation can get both cloture and a majority to pass in the Senate, it would still need to get President Obama’s signature.

And it seems unlikely that the President is going to sign off on a bill that takes the Keystone decision out of his hands.

Even so, forcing Obama to make that decision does put lie to many of the claims he’s been making lately, particularly in his state of the union address. Obama told us that he’s for the expansion of energy production, and that he’s for infrastructure projects that will re-vitalize our economy. Well the Keystone pipeline would bring oil to US markets from our friendly trading partners to the north, and it would also facilitate the transport of oil to market from North Dakota’s own Bakken oil fields, all while providing thousands upon thousands of jobs in both building and maintaining the new pipeline.

New pipeline, by the way, that would join thousands of miles of pipeline already existing in the United States. From the way the Obama administration has used “study” and “review” to justify delays in approving the Keystone pipeline you’d get the feeling that TransCanada was trying to pull off something equivalent to the moon landing. It’s not true. We already have pipelines like the Keystone XL in the United States. This would be an expansion of existing infrastructure.

There’s no reason for delay. Hoeven’s efforts forces our obstructionist President to make a decision.
    George Strait sings a song that says Thank God For Unanswered Prayers

Now this pipeline is probably like that girl that you really wanted real bad that God did not answer your pray for that you found out to be a big time losser later in life.

I'm sure there is more to this than we know because the jobs it creates happens on his watch, so he gets credit. Now with this known it takes a big man to stand up to this, so maybe you should not be too quick to judge.

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    George Strait sings a song that says Thank God For Unanswered Prayers.
    I believe that was one of Garth's songs......

Coveyrise64
    VC TJ's Miss Filson MH, UTI

VC TJ's Highfalutin Hawkeye MH, UTI

Quote Originally Posted by Coveyrise64 View Post
    I believe that was one of Garth's songs......

Coveyrise64
    You may be right on that

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    Garth Brooks sings a song that says Thank God For Unanswered Prayers

Now this pipeline is probably like that girl that you really wanted real bad that God did not answer your pray for that you found out to be a big time losser later in life.

I'm sure there is more to this than we know because the jobs it creates happens on his watch, so he gets credit. Now with this known it takes a big man to stand up to this, so maybe you should not be too quick to judge.
    But maybe if she wound up with you she would have been a winner? If you never swing you never get a hit.

Also fixed it for ya.

guess we all answered at the same time.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~