The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just so others will see...

Default Just so others will see...

...just what the Sambo/Buzz cabal will be voting for this fall: Read this and weep.

UB

Obama Administration
    makes war on Christians
    by Newt Gingrich

Last week, the Obama administration finalized a radical new rule that uses the health care law to require all health insurance providers to cover abortion-inducing drugs and sterilization as well as contraception, all free of charge. The administration based the rule’s "religious exemption" on a provision drafted by the ACLU, applying the rule even to religious organizations such as Catholic schools, hospitals, universities and charities that oppose such things as a matter of religious belief.

The weak exemption the administration allowed applies only to religious organizations serving primarily people of the same religion. It is so narrow that Timothy Dolan, the Catholic archbishop of New York City and current head of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops wrote in the Wall Street Journal that "even Jesus and His disciples would not qualify for the exemption in that case, because they were committed to serve those of other faiths."

Because Catholic institutions serve people of all faiths, the adoption by the Obama administration of the ACLU exemption language is an explicit and intentional assault on the Catholic Church in the United States. President Obama and Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius know full well that they are ordering Catholic institutions to violate their church’s teachings if they want to stay in business. They also know full well that they are explicitly running over the First Amendment protection of religious freedom that every American is supposed to enjoy as a birthright.

President Obama’s message to Catholics is clear: Catholics will not be able to build organizations according to their faith and the teachings of their church as long as they refuse to accept President Obama’s radicalism. President Obama’s order is a violation of the First Amendment right to freedom of conscience and an unprecedented assault on Christianity.

Catholics are uniformly opposed to the rule. Carol Keehan of the Catholic Health Association—an Obamacare supporter—expressed disappointment "that the definition of a religious employer was not broadened." Even liberal Washington Post columnist E.J. Dionne blasted the rule, arguing that "the Church’s leaders had a right to ask for broader relief from a contraception mandate that would require it to act against its own teachings."

The administration’s small concession—that it would allow organizations with religious objections an extra year to comply—does nothing to acknowledge their concerns. As Archbishop Dolan responded, "In effect, the president is saying we have a year to figure out how to violate our consciences."

This past Sunday, Catholics in churches across the country were read a letter from the Bishop of Marquette Alexander Sample drawing their attention to this unprecedented action by President Obama, describing the administration as having "cast aside the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, denying to Catholics our Nation's first and most fundamental freedom, that of religious liberty."

Maybe: It is important to remember, as the bishop’s letter reminds us, Catholics, like other religious groups came to America to be free.
    "Our parents and grandparents did not come to these shores to help build America’s cities and towns, its infrastructure and institutions, its enterprise and culture, only to have their posterity stripped of their God given rights," the letter said.

Bishop Sample is right. In choosing the radical agendas of Planned Parenthood and the ACLU over the First Amendment’s guarantee of religious liberty; in dramatically undermining the numerous Catholic educational, health, and charitable institutions that provide so much good to so many Americans; and in implementing a rule no elected official has ever voted on, President Obama has chosen Saul Alinksy radicalism over the Constitution. It’s hard to see how many people of faith will long remain in a political party so hostile to their beliefs and their rights.

Your Friend,

Newt
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

We have spent the last few days talking about dead beats on the dole...some refered to the them as leaches, too. Spay and neutor was discussed.....everyone was mad about funding the needs of these individuals that won't work...also saying their offspring does not work and they keep adding to your tax bill.

What I just read sounds like tax relief to me

PS: It is an honor to be paired up with Buzz an individual of vision and wisdom
    Last edited by menmon; 02-01-2012 at 04:11 PM.

I bet Buzz is Pizzed off.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    We have spent the last few days talking about dead beats on the dole...some refered to the them as leaches, too. Spay and neutor was discussed.....everyone was mad about funding the needs of these individuals that won't work...also saying their offspring does not work and they keep adding to your tax bill.

What I just read sounds like tax relief to me

Sounds like a violation of the seperation of church and state your side uses whenever convenient.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Sounds like a violation of the seperation of church and state your side uses whenever convenient.

RK
    The man addresses your concerns and you slam him for it

The man addresses your concerns and you slam him for it
    sambo, I actually kina like you.
    You're a stand up guy, as I have said a true Democrat, not a secular progressive, but with all due respect, what the hell are you talking about?

Who did I slam?

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

You're a stand up guy, as I have said a true Democrat, not a secular progressive, but with all due respect, what the hell are you talking about?

Who did I slam?

RK
    I believe that he is referring to POTUS.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

I have not read the OP yet to see what it is we are supporting, too busy...

But I will say - ditto!
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Who did I slam?

RK
    Obama...he addressed the issue of too many people on foodstamps by establishing a way for them not to have more babys. We spent the last few days debating the growing use of welfare entitlements and this looks like tax relief to me...LOL

RK - You stand for what you believe too...may not always agree but you clearly think for yourself.

This thread is going to turn into a group hug
    Bill Davis