The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39

Thread: homemade bumper launcher

  1. #11
    Senior Member GilWlsn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Willard, Mo
    Posts
    426

    Default

    You guys are my people!! has anyone Tried using wireless firework firing systems for electronics?
    HRCH Wilson's God of Thunder - Thor
    HR Wilson's God of Mischief - Loki

  2. #12
    Senior Member John Lash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    Posts
    1,876

    Default

    No fireworks remotes, but I got pretty serious one time and started to order stuff. I called a radio control company and gave a little overview of what I wanted to do. They got pretty serious and said "that frequency, or band" some words to that effect, was reserved for planes and that I shouldn't be using it...

    They said I could probably use a remote controlled car or boat signal. I'm sure they were right and I do train in a few places near radio controlled "airports." I'm sure no one would want me messing with their planes...
    John Lash

    "If you run Field Trials, you learn to swallow your disappointment quickly."

    "Field trials are not a game for good dogs. They're for great dogs with great training." E. Graham

  3. #13
    Senior Member Howard N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    7,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Lash View Post
    No fireworks remotes, but I got pretty serious one time and started to order stuff. I called a radio control company and gave a little overview of what I wanted to do. They got pretty serious and said "that frequency, or band" some words to that effect, was reserved for planes and that I shouldn't be using it...

    They said I could probably use a remote controlled car or boat signal. I'm sure they were right and I do train in a few places near radio controlled "airports." I'm sure no one would want me messing with their planes...
    I wouldn't think the transmitter control of a remote launcher would be on long enough to affect model airplanes to any great extent. What I'd be afraid of is their airplane signals setting off the launchers.

    In '95 when I got my first Lucyana's, they were controlled by a model car or truck transmitter. Worked fine if a little big and clumsy compared to the TT Pro Controls.
    Howard Niemi

    You really gotta be careful about how high a pedestal you put your method, your accomplishments, your dog on. There's usually someone who's done more, somewhere. And they may have used a different method than you did! Chris Atkinson 2013

    get your dog out and TRAIN! caryalsobrook 2013

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 43x View Post





    BUY
    1... 10', 1 1/4" schedule 40 pvc
    2... 1 1/4" 90 degree elbows
    1... 1 1/4' X 1 1/4" x 1 1/4" X 1 1/4" 4 way
    1... 1 1/4" X 1 1/4" X 1 1/4" T

    Cut
    2... 1 1/4" X 12" ( legs)
    1... 1 1/4" X7" ( tail stock)
    1... 1 1/4" X 5" ( body- section that fits in upper T and Lower 4 way
    2... 1 1/4" X 4" ( Spacers... placed from 4 way to 90 degree elbow
    1... 1 1/4" X 1" ( bushing) over handle of launcher
    1 ...1 1/4" X 7" ( mounting bracket for actuator)

    I have two built just like these, and have ran over 100 rounds with them. Great, light weight tool to have. Haft the price. Here is a link of mine showing how the firing pin works....


    http://youtu.be/xFLabbqIERs

  5. #15
    Junior Member Bring'em Back's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Antigonish, NS, Canada
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Hi

    If I use a POWER DOOR LOCK ACTUATOR MOTOR 12-V will my Tri-tronics pro control release it.
    Nothing impossible it just cost more


    Ed Brown

    GMH Yorktonís Merigomish (Cassie) MH WCX QAA Feb 27/07
    Huntersbest Edís Last Chance (Sophie) SH WCX Feb 20/10

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bring'em Back View Post
    Hi

    If I use a POWER DOOR LOCK ACTUATOR MOTOR 12-V will my Tri-tronics pro control release it.
    I would also like to know that too!

  7. #17
    Senior Member GilWlsn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Willard, Mo
    Posts
    426

    Default

    For $4.00 give it a try. If not go to tower hobbies, do a search on 3003. This is a servo that cost $10. You'll need to take apart (careful don't mess up the gears) heat the motor connections on the board and take board off. Spacer new worded to motor connections. Double check, I think FT is reverse polarity
    HRCH Wilson's God of Thunder - Thor
    HR Wilson's God of Mischief - Loki

  8. #18
    Senior Member GilWlsn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Willard, Mo
    Posts
    426

    Default

    %$#& auto correct! That should have said solder new wires to motor connections. Check I think TT is reverse polarity
    HRCH Wilson's God of Thunder - Thor
    HR Wilson's God of Mischief - Loki

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    332

    Default

    im thinking that instead of building a launcher in the traditional method using powder as the propellant, there should be a way to build one using rubber tubing....im tossing around a few ideas right now. see how it goes.

  10. #20
    Senior Member GilWlsn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Willard, Mo
    Posts
    426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Newf View Post
    im thinking that instead of building a launcher in the traditional method using powder as the propellant, there should be a way to build one using rubber tubing....im tossing around a few ideas right now. see how it goes.
    Life insurance paid up?
    HRCH Wilson's God of Thunder - Thor
    HR Wilson's God of Mischief - Loki

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •