The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: homemade bumper launcher

You guys are my people!! has anyone Tried using wireless firework firing systems for electronics?
    HRCH Wilson's God of Thunder - Thor
    HR Wilson's God of Mischief - Loki

No fireworks remotes, but I got pretty serious one time and started to order stuff. I called a radio control company and gave a little overview of what I wanted to do. They got pretty serious and said "that frequency, or band" some words to that effect, was reserved for planes and that I shouldn't be using it...

They said I could probably use a remote controlled car or boat signal. I'm sure they were right and I do train in a few places near radio controlled "airports." I'm sure no one would want me messing with their planes...
    John Lash

"If you run Field Trials, you learn to swallow your disappointment quickly."

"Field trials are not a game for good dogs. They're for great dogs with great training." E. Graham

Quote Originally Posted by John Lash View Post
    No fireworks remotes, but I got pretty serious one time and started to order stuff. I called a radio control company and gave a little overview of what I wanted to do. They got pretty serious and said "that frequency, or band" some words to that effect, was reserved for planes and that I shouldn't be using it...

They said I could probably use a remote controlled car or boat signal. I'm sure they were right and I do train in a few places near radio controlled "airports." I'm sure no one would want me messing with their planes...
    I wouldn't think the transmitter control of a remote launcher would be on long enough to affect model airplanes to any great extent. What I'd be afraid of is their airplane signals setting off the launchers.

In '95 when I got my first Lucyana's, they were controlled by a model car or truck transmitter. Worked fine if a little big and clumsy compared to the TT Pro Controls.
    Howard Niemi

You really gotta be careful about how high a pedestal you put your method, your accomplishments, your dog on. There's usually someone who's done more, somewhere. And they may have used a different method than you did! Chris Atkinson 2013

get your dog out and TRAIN! caryalsobrook 2013

Quote Originally Posted by 43x View Post

BUY
    1... 10', 1 1/4" schedule 40 pvc
    2... 1 1/4" 90 degree elbows
    1... 1 1/4' X 1 1/4" x 1 1/4" X 1 1/4" 4 way
    1... 1 1/4" X 1 1/4" X 1 1/4" T

Cut
    2... 1 1/4" X 12" ( legs)
    1... 1 1/4" X7" ( tail stock)
    1... 1 1/4" X 5" ( body- section that fits in upper T and Lower 4 way
    2... 1 1/4" X 4" ( Spacers... placed from 4 way to 90 degree elbow
    1... 1 1/4" X 1" ( bushing) over handle of launcher
    1 ...1 1/4" X 7" ( mounting bracket for actuator)

I have two built just like these, and have ran over 100 rounds with them. Great, light weight tool to have. Haft the price. Here is a link of mine showing how the firing pin works....

http://youtu.be/xFLabbqIERs

Hi

If I use a POWER DOOR LOCK ACTUATOR MOTOR 12-V will my Tri-tronics pro control release it.
    Nothing impossible it just cost more

Ed Brown

GMH Yorktonís Merigomish (Cassie) MH WCX QAA Feb 27/07
    Huntersbest Edís Last Chance (Sophie) SH WCX Feb 20/10

Quote Originally Posted by Bring'em Back View Post
    Hi

If I use a POWER DOOR LOCK ACTUATOR MOTOR 12-V will my Tri-tronics pro control release it.
    I would also like to know that too!

For $4.00 give it a try. If not go to tower hobbies, do a search on 3003. This is a servo that cost $10. You'll need to take apart (careful don't mess up the gears) heat the motor connections on the board and take board off. Spacer new worded to motor connections. Double check, I think FT is reverse polarity

%$#& auto correct! That should have said solder new wires to motor connections. Check I think TT is reverse polarity

im thinking that instead of building a launcher in the traditional method using powder as the propellant, there should be a way to build one using rubber tubing....im tossing around a few ideas right now. see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Newf View Post
    im thinking that instead of building a launcher in the traditional method using powder as the propellant, there should be a way to build one using rubber tubing....im tossing around a few ideas right now. see how it goes.
    Life insurance paid up?