The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: homemade bumper launcher

Quote Originally Posted by Bring'em Back View Post
    Hi

If I use a POWER DOOR LOCK ACTUATOR MOTOR 12-V will my Tri-tronics pro control release it.
    I contacted TT today and they said it SHOULD power it. The only word of caution they stated was to make sure that there is not rust and that it runs smoothly or else it will drain the batter faster.

Quote Originally Posted by logy View Post
    I contacted TT today and they said it SHOULD power it. The only word of caution they stated was to make sure that there is not rust and that it runs smoothly or else it will drain the batter faster.
    Thank you, I will try it, (hopefully this week end) and post my results. I can get a POWER DOOR LOCK ACTUATOR at a junkyard for $15.00
    Nothing impossible it just cost more

Ed Brown

GMH Yorktonís Merigomish (Cassie) MH WCX QAA Feb 27/07
    Huntersbest Edís Last Chance (Sophie) SH WCX Feb 20/10

Quote Originally Posted by Bring'em Back View Post
    Thank you, I will try it, (hopefully this week end) and post my results. I can get a POWER DOOR LOCK ACTUATOR at a junkyard for $15.00
    Here... I found them cheap...http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=330-010

I have no clue how to wire this up for a TT though. Any tips/advice for that?

Had a gun smith make me a launcher barrel for my nine shot NEF 22LR revolver- works great on multiple shots and shoots at least as far as bought launcher- easy carry etc. I use yellow charges

Here... I found them cheap...http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=330-010

That's a good price and it's cheaper than ebay. I used one similar on my pvc winger.
    Kendall Layne

HR(2xHRCH) Ashland's Big Black Ruby to Go SH
    Dorie's Lady of the Lake(1K bird club)

Never play leap frog with a unicorn.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003UMIH46

Quote Originally Posted by SeniorCoot View Post
    Had a gun smith make me a launcher barrel for my nine shot NEF 22LR revolver- works great on multiple shots and shoots at least as far as bought launcher- easy carry etc. I use yellow charges
    It would be interesting in seeing a pic of that if you have one.

I have one of those launchers also, I bought mine as a unit 30 years ago. it is 9 shot 22 cal revolver with a stainless launcher barrel. The company I bought it from HAS BEEN LONG GONE for years. Mine still works great. Good for singles and multiples, I have used up to a purple load 7 in my unit, but prefer yellow 4. it makes the dogs get fired up for retrieving and makes them marking machines. the draw back is that it enciurages the dog to look at the launcher instead of looking out in the field for a gun station. when switching to gun stations my dog missed a lot of marks for this reason, you have to have calm throwers. I was thinking of reproducing the launcher end but with all the remote stuff available I dont know if there would be interest in it, what i like about it I can stop in a field a throw 100 yd marks for my dog with very little set up time. i will try to get a picture of it,

Have a pic, but dont know how to post it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckquilizer View Post
    That's a good price and it's cheaper than ebay. I used one similar on my pvc winger.
    This is the design I wanna see!! Let's see some homemade wingers too!!
    nobody can fully understand the meaning of love unless he is owned by a dog - Gene Hill