The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Drug Testing Welfare Recipients

Default Drug Testing Welfare Recipients

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...est=latestnews

This is about a pilot program starting in PA.

But the proposals, in Pennsylvania and across the country, have come under challenge. A federal judge in Florida temporarily blocked a bill backed by Republican Gov. Rick Scott last year, saying the law could represent an invasion of privacy and questioning whether it complies with the Fourth Amendment barring unreasonable searches. Scott's administration has appealed the decision.

According to the National Conference of State Legislatures, at least three dozen states proposed bills pertaining to drug tests for welfare and food stamp recipients. Arizona and Missouri have joined Florida in passing drug-test bills, though theirs were more narrowly tailored.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Of course when employers have drug tests as a condition of employment and random drug testing to keep the job it is lawful. I just don't understand the logic. How are the 2 different? I mean if you want the job you comply with the employer's rules. Why should it be any different if you want TAXPAYERS' money?
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

The way I see it is.......if you don't want to be tested that's okay you just don't get the money. Very simple really vbeg. We aren't making it into a law for everyone. Just those who want our money.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...est=latestnews

This is about a pilot program starting in PA.
    The ACLU will be on this like STINK on.....well you know.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

It should apply to all gov. subsidized money including welfare, student loans, farm loans , SS, business loans etc, if people are going to get free money from the goverment lets not limit the scope of this to the poor. I can just see it now the farmers, politicans, bankers, college students, and seniors lined up together for their drug tests.

Have to agree that if employers are allowed to do it, why not govt agencies? Actually, I'd bet that there are some govt agencies that do require drug testing.

One can say that the testing for employment is for safety reasons ... wouldn't the same be true for a welfare mother with dependent children, i.e. the safety of the children?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    It should apply to all gov. subsidized money including welfare, student loans, farm loans , SS, business loans etc, if people are going to get free money from the goverment lets not limit the scope of this to the poor. I can just see it now the farmers, politicans, bankers, college students, and seniors lined up together for their drug tests.

Sure, why not?
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

As your knowledge of government operations is limited I will explain to you, SS is not a handout. We wage earners & the self employed were/are required to pay into this program so it could be mismanaged. Had I been able to invest the money I paid into SS & gotten the additional wages for what my employer paid into the program. We would not need a nickels worth of help.

Please be kind enough to know what you are talking about prior to clicking "Submit Reply" .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Spoken like a true Libertarian!
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    As your knowledge of government operations is limited I will explain to you, SS is not a handout. We wage earners & the self employed were/are required to pay into this program so it could be mismanaged. Had I been able to invest the money I paid into SS & gotten the additional wages for what my employer paid into the program. We would not need a nickels worth of help.

Please be kind enough to know what you are talking about prior to clicking "Submit Reply" .
    Social Security benefits go to a wide range of people who never paid a dime, Marvin, Watch that submit button. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift